• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

á´…eparted

passages
Yeah, it might not work for that particular recipe. It goes really well with chicken, bell peppers, bamboo shoots, etc. And it complements any dish with coconut milk in it.

So I just went into my kitchen cabinet and it turns out I DO have it and did use it like 2 years ago when I tried to make a coconut based thai soup. It didn't come out quite right though, partially because I didn't have the right equipment. It actually isn't that hot to me (I took a quick taste), but oh yes the flavorrrrrr.

Awwww damn. You crazy. My stepdad got some capsaicin. I guess it really helped clear his sinuses. :laugh:

Mostly it just clears my colon... (ohgodpainnnnn)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So I just went into my kitchen cabinet and it turns out I DO have it and did use it like 2 years ago when I tried to make a coconut based thai soup. It didn't come out quite right though, partially because I didn't have the right equipment. It actually isn't that hot to me (I took a quick taste), but oh yes the flavorrrrrr.
It entirely depends on what kind of curry paste you use. If you're using Thai Kitchen, then no, it's not that hot. But if you go to your average Asian grocery, the stuff they sell in cans (not jars) is WAY hotter.

Also, if you're in the mood for more of a project, it's not difficult to make your own curry paste. And you can put as many bird's eye chilies in there as you want!

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Ultimate banana bread from Cooks Illustrated. I was worried the 3/4 cup brown sugar would make it too sweet, but it wasn't. It's delicious even though I didn't use "very ripe" bananas as instructed. Caution: I lost a lot of the banana liquid in the microwave when I stuffed 5 bananas in a 6 cup pyrex container. Still, the recipe turned out great. Wondering if I can do the same with blueberries; I got a whole bunch of em.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Ultimate banana bread from Cooks Illustrated. I was worried the 3/4 cup brown sugar would make it too sweet, but it wasn't. It's delicious even though I didn't use "very ripe" bananas as instructed. Caution: I lost a lot of the banana liquid in the microwave when I stuffed 5 bananas in a 6 cup pyrex container. Still, the recipe turned out great. Wondering if I can do the same with blueberries; I got a whole bunch of em.

Cook's Illustrated is my favorite source for recipes, they never fail. And the banana bread is one of my favorites. I like throwing some chocolate chips in there, and sometimes an extra banana for moisture and banana flavor. If this is your first time making it, it definitely improves with overripe bananas. If you won't eat them anymore, they're perfect.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Typical Sunday night "cooking": Smoothie and cold brew coffee for tomorrow morning

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Modified turkey tetrazzini: turkey, onions, mushrooms, green beans, carrots, pasta, and cheesy white sauce. I put some cream cheese in with the parmesan for the first time. It made a (good) difference.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
lemon cream scones
CKcCtH9VEAAyLPD.jpg
it has fresh apricots in them.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hoisin five-spice pork sliders on Hawaiian sweet rolls, with Thai peanut slaw. DAY-OMM.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Pitted a plum. Put some goat cheese in it. Ate it.

Friggin amazing.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol this thread depresses me. Every time I see it come up I think..." I cooked nothing :( "

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
CLQx-pkUsAArU7u.jpg

crab and leek quiche. i cried making the dough, my mom made it in to a crust.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Creamy cheese pumpkin bread, some recipe I found on the net. The recipe called for 1 cup white sugar and 3/4 cup brown sugar but I left out the white sugar completely and used only 1/2 cup brown sugar. It still works; it's still good. The smell of the pumpkin with the cinnamon and the melted cream cheese is heavenly.

Pinker85

Big salad with onions, fresh herbs, and chickpeas with white wine vinegar and olive oil dressing. Leeks with chicken breast for protein.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Chicken cacciatore.