• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Pasta sauce with hot italian sausage, cremini mushrooms, yellow onion, and green bell pepper. Also made some healthy-ish snack cookies. WW flour, oatmeal, little bit of butter, little bit of brown sugar, yogurt, walnuts, and dark chocolate.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm making a turkey meatloaf tonight, with a salad and some wild rice pilaf. Hopefully the meatloaf won't taste like sawdust.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
made a fruit dip for my mom's bible study:

greek yogurt, honey, peanut butter, cinnamon

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Steamed some brown rice, and roasted some green beans with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and crushed red pepper. Served with some leftover sesame chicken.

Chthonic

A kombucha scoby. It's day 2 and I have a film of bacteria on the liquid quickly being populated by yeasts. It's starting to grow the jellyfish tendrils known as the yeastie bits and the film is becoming opaque. Smells just like ginger beer at this stage, a sign it's still healthy and loads of little bubbles reaching for the surface like champagne. I made it from a ginger kombucha drink so that's why it smells like ginger. Had no idea you could just grow one from a bottle of the stuff. :huh:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow, this turkey meatloaf isn't terrible.

bwavo.jpg

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
A recipe I made up a couple of nights ago:

Meat
4 pork fillets
1 tbsp paprika
2 tsp fresh dill, chopped
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped
drizzle of olive oil

Sauce
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
100ml creme fraiche
2 tbsp beer (use only a light coloured beer, e.g. pilsner or hefeweizen)

Prep
Drizzle the pork with olive oil, then rub the marinade ingredients onto the meat.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, and up to 8 hours.

Cooking
Place 3tbsp olive oil on a tray, turn the oven to grill function and heat to 280C. Add the meat when the oil has just started to smoke.
Check every five minutes. (N.B. This can just as, in fact probably more easily be done on a barbecue.)
Meanwhile, make up the sauce. Combine mustard, creme friache and beer in a saucepan and heat until a smooth mixture has formed. Pour into a jug and keep warm.
Eat...

LonestarCowgirl

I'm mighty proud to report I made chili and corn bread. Nothing fancy. No whiskey or garnishments. No fritos, doritos, or tortillos. Delicious!

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just made poached eggs on multi-grain toast, which I am now eating in my room, because my roommate can't stand the sight of them.

I really am a sucker.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
this is something insanely simple but really delicious most people could figure this out on their own
1 piece of honey baked/or spiral ham (cooked I just use some i have left over from christmas that's in the freezer) you want a sweet ham
1/2 tbs butter
1 biscuit
1 egg
blue cheese crumbles
heavy cream/milk/or half and half
salt and pepper

cook the biscuit or heat it whatever you need to do

in a frying pan melt the butter over medium heat,add the ham fry until theirs little golden brown spots flip it do the same.

while ham is cooking in a small ball beat the egg with a splash of the milk/cream salt and pepper and through in a 1/4th a handful to a handful of the blue cheese beat again take the ham out and put on a plate there should be enough grease for the egg if not add either oil or butter cook the egg. I tend to only use half the egg when i make breakfast sandwhiches but you could either make 2 or put all the egg on it. But i cook a little extra ham and give the other half of the egg to the dog with a small piece of ham, perhaps a small child would work aswell. I just think a whole egg is too much egg. assemble the sandwhich and eat

Chthonic

2nd batch of kombucha, I have two mothers now....:D I was loving my raspberry-ginger flavour that I had made. It's awesome, then some stupid health scare about frozen berries. Not my brand but you know you don't really feel like drinking frozen berry tea once Hep A is mentioned. :ack!: So poured off 2 bottles today from the main brew. One is ginger, the other plain at this stage. Although I might weaken and throw some passionfruit pulp in there tomorrow. :frolic:

MBTI Type
INTJ
Grilled double-cut pork chop with cipollini onions, bell peppers, balsamic vinegar and orange vino cotto. I had it at Babbo in NYC and I loved it so much I had to make it myself.

porkchopsmall_zpsplz4tkdp.jpg

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Chicken fajita stuffed peppers :) (chicken, quinoa, corn, beans, onions, all manner of spices)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Is there a term for the food version of sexual frustration? Food frustration? When you look at food photographs or read recipes and your longing for that food is practically unbearable?

I get it bad in this thread.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Is there a term for the food version of sexual frustration? Food frustration? When you look at food photographs or read recipes and your longing for that food is practically unbearable?

I get it bad in this thread.

Richard Blakeley's This Is Why You're Fat

That's what I feel whenever I visit this site. Never, ever do this on a bad day. Ever.