• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

omlette with country ham,kale,shallots,garlic,mushrooms, and butterkase cheese. (i suck at folding omlettes btw, oh a sauted the garlic, shallots, and kale in peppercini infused olive oil [i would've done the mushrooms but all we had were canned] then took those out added a small amount of butter and did the rest of the omlette), fried apples, biscuits, and my mom made the potato pancakes.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Made this for my folks and it turned out amazing:

- 1 box linguine
- 1 large frozen chicken breast, thawed and cut into thin-ish strips
- 1 container Trader Joe's pesto
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- Tons of fresh spinach
- Tons of parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil

I started with the onions and olive oil in a large, deep skillet, then added the chicken, then the spinach (once the chicken was done and the onions were cooked without being too soft) and s&p. Then added the cooked pasta and pesto and drizzled a little extra oil on top. Served with parm on the side so everyone could decide how much they wanted.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Cranberry pistachio biscotti, for a holiday party:

cranberry-pistachio-biscotti-recipe.jpg

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cinnamon raisin biscuits--first breakfast of the year!

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
More cooking...buttermilk fried chicken, black-eyed peas with smoked pig trotters, rice, cornbread--real cornbread, not that sweet cake mess, and Swiss chard (no goddamn decent collards in this place!) and oranges. Need all the good luck we can for 2015.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Homemade crusty French bread to go with the split pea soup my mom with a ham bone we had frozen after Christmas. Mmmmmm.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
chicken chilindron... roasted my own red peppers for it too and it turned out amazingly awesome

also a crusty herb bread to sop up the awesomely peppery broth :drool:

and then I baked some cookies with some chocolate chips and left over cranberries and pistachios from christmas baking

and after that made a cup of thai tea for myself :wubbie:

LonestarCowgirl

Tonight, I cooked old fashioned Quaker oatmeal on the stove with milk. When done, I mixed in a small can of Dole chopped pineapple. It took me about 15 minutes total to think about it and cook it up.

capslock

MBTI Type
INFP
baking experiment going on, involving: coconut, almond flour, frozen/thawed and grilled bananas, raw cocoa powder and a few other things - we'll see how it turns out :yes:

Edit: it was delicious!

and now i'm cooking a bolognese

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
baked ziti:
pic right before going into the oven

also made cucumber salad and my room mate is suppose to make garlic bread

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Black Forest trifle

The addition of fresh cherries makes this a seasonal, festive dish. The cherry season here straddles December and January, and I used some of my own cherries from home to make this last night actually. Everybody seemed quite happy...considering how much fucking tension there is in my family right now.

Here's the recipe btw

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Last night I made ginger hoisin pork, with sesame garlic noodles and a vegetable stir-fry. It was really good, and there are lots of left-overs. Yay!

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Beef was only 10 euros for a kilo :)

Uobg9iv.jpg

Featuring garlic cream potatoes(which i didnt make myself) and cream sauce with black pepper cream cheese, some extra black pepper and salt.

Attachments

• Uobg9iv.jpg
    Uobg9iv.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 65

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yesterday I made red thai curry and also made banana nut bread... sure, they don't go together, but they both tasted good! :)

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Attempted to make beef meatballs using a Gordon Ramsay recipe. I used 6 cloves of garlic instead of the recommended 2, figuring these little guys are too tiny to have much of an effect. I also added too much black pepper and not enough sea salt. This is what happens when you don't give specific numbers to an ISTJ. Now I smell of garlic and have about half a pound of meatballs left.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
mark bittman's recipe for short rib with cinnamon pasta sauce that I'd tried from my copy of how to cook everything while I was in college... lost the book during a move and had to look it up again and it was as delicious as I'd remembered :)

served it with garlic and parsley fettucini and homemade bread and it was a pretty awesome dinner :drool: