• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

gromit

likes this
I think it comes in waves.

- - - Updated - - -

...I mean... or else you broke it, [MENTION=9569]capslock[/MENTION]

capslock

MBTI Type
INFP
...I mean... or else you broke it, [MENTION=9569]capslock[/MENTION]

Well, then let's fix it, yeah. :)

The Italian style pasta sauce turned out nice, btw.
But, to be fair, I hardly ever cook anymore, mostly just toast things in the oven, almonds, hazelnuts and pumpkin seeds etc

gromit

likes this
I think I'm going to make black bean enchiladas today. With red and green bell peppers.

:)

Well... so unfortunately I took the corn tortillas out of the cabinet and they were MOLDY. I had only bought them like 2 days ago too. Bummer.

I ended up instead making a very interesting - but I think good - soup. Potato/vegetable/egg, with a little bit of quinoa and also some seasonings I wasn't planning on adding but which just seemed right when push came to shove (curry and turmeric)

Just scrambled an egg at the last minute and poured the soup over the egg with some scallions and freshly cracked pepper.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How to Make Weird Tacos, EJCC Style

Ingredients
1) Grab tortillas in the fridge, note expiration date (a month and a half ago), go "meh"
2) Grab tomatoes, find that they're moldy, throw them away; grab next most tomato-y thing in fridge (tomato "curry" that didn't turn out curry-ish)
3) Look for greens in fridge, find none, grab greenest thing from freezer (kale)
4) Go "oh, these need another veggie thing", grab corn salsa
5) Realize this needs protein, note quickly growing number of ingredients, go "fuck it" and grab nearest protein source (eggs)
6) Grab sriracha because reasons

Assembly
1) Put tomato curry, corn salsa, and frozen kale in the microwave
2) Fry eggs on stove
3) Pile ingredients onto 2 tortillas
4) Cover in sriracha

Eating
1) Find cozy spot on couch, set plate and tacos on lap
2) Attempt to eat, note taco is dripping down arm
3) Resignedly get ass off couch and eat tacos over sink
4) Feel sort of defeated

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] That sounds horrible/delicious. In my own version of Step 1, "Meh" is usually substituted with "This probably won't kill me."

Also, sriracha is one of the few things for which no reason is ever needed.

I made these caramel apple mini-cheesecakes last night. Caramel Apple Mini Cheesecakes with Streusel Topping - Cooking Classy Except that instead of making salted caramel sauce from scratch, I just bought a jar at the supermarket. Because ain't nobody got time for that.

santoku

I fried up some maple sausages this morning and served them with tomato, onion, and mozzarella omelettes. No hash browns this time. It all came out really well. I'm getting better at running three pans at a time, but I still can't open the eggs with only one hand.

I picked up some mushrooms this weekend as well but didn't notice until the following morning that they were covered in mold. I threw them in the freezer so I can return them next time I go to the grocery store. That was disappointing, I was really looking forward to frying those up in some butter and having them with the eggs.

I made some coconut rice over the weekend to serve with some pork chops and spinach, that was great too.

santoku

French toast. The custard is half and half, eggs, honey and salt. I sliced a loaf of challah and let it go stale overnight. This recipe has me pan fry them in butter before baking them to cook the soft center. It came out even better this time than last. I managed to use up the last of the maple sausage too.

Last night, I made turkey burgers. When I make this, I often season the patties with McCormick steak seasoning and use a mix of olive oil spread, salt, pepper, and curry powder as a sauce to spread on the rolls before grilling. I grill all of it over charcoal before assembling, which adds to the flavor, not only of the turkey but also of the sauce on the rolls. This time I used onion rolls and also added some hunks of mozzarella cheese, tomato, and slices of avocado. I pretty much always use swiss cheese for these, and the mozzarella was interesting but I maybe should have added it right before taking the burgers off the grill.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Chicken avocado salad in a taco, with lime, cilantro, tomato, and sriracha, and fresh spinach on top.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
All I've made today is cereal for breakfast, and a smoothie for a snack.

But, yesterday I made some REALLY yummy chili with ground turkey, a bit of chorizo, green bell pepper, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, crushed red pepper, and a clove of garlic. Oh, and avocado on top. Duh.

santoku

Deep fried boneless pork chops, coconut rice, edamame, and applesauce.

I'd post pictures of this stuff if I could figure out the image attachment thingy.

santoku

I made deep fried buttermilk chicken last night, but it needed a bit more heat, so when I was using up the leftovers for dinner tonight, I gave it a push. I sliced up the fried chicken into half inch thick pieces and heated (and browned) them in my skillet with a little olive oil. I put a strip of bacon in there and quartered some baby portabella mushrooms and let them soften up in the pan too. When the chicken was warmed through I put the mushrooms on top of the chicken pieces and topped that with a slice of provolone cheese. I put this on a poppy seed roll that I'd dressed with some olive oil whip/curry/salt/pepper spread and heated in the toaster oven. Put the bacon on there of course, too. The curry and the salt and pepper really picked the chicken up nicely. One of the best sandwiches I've had in a long time.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Just made pumpkin snickerdoodles, about to make some guacamole.

Bringing both to a potlucky dinner thing tomorrow night. Mmmmm.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This turned out GLORIOUS:

Tomato Cobbler Recipe | Martha Stewart
cobbler080-0711mld107357_l.jpg

As sweet and delicious as summer's cherry tomatoes are raw, they become even more so when baked in this easy cobbler-style dish. Caramelized onion, garlic, and hot pepper reinforce the dish's savory side. A Gruyere drop-biscuit dough, spooned on top before the ensemble bakes, makes the cobbler work as a hearty side or a rustic main course.Cheese biscuits on top of the tomato filling soak up the juices.

My modifications:
- Used 1/3 grape tomatoes (needed to use them up) and 2/3 heirloom tomatoes from Trader Joe's
- Used half the recommended amount of cheese but substituted a stronger kind

Forgot the garlic, but it was still amazing.

Starry

Pumpkin spice martinis
Eggnog
Spinach & Artichoke dip
Crostini
2 Turkeys (one roasted w/stuffing and one cooked in wine in a pot)
Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Acorn squash
Green bean casserole
Cranberry sauce
Cranberry/Apple/Walnut w/greens (salad with citrus vinegerette)
Cornbread
Pumpkin cheesecake
Cranberry Apple pie
Pear tart
Strong coffee

So freakin tired right now (but a good tired)
:offtobed:

happy thanksgiving all

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I made a very simple turkeyless roast with root vegetables and served it with multigrain rolls and pumpkin "butter" (more like apple butter than dairy butter). I did very minimal cooking today, yet still managed to feed an omnivore and a mostly lacto-ovo vegetarian a 100 percent vegan meal that was so well prepared that the omni actually thanked me for the "turkey" and that he hoped I didn't mind he had a few pieces because it was "so good." No son, it was soy good, and you've been punked, happy Thanksgiving!

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
On Thursday morning:

Apple pie, with a mix of granny smith, cortland, fuji, & macintosh apples (+nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, lemon juice, a pinch of brown sugar, & flour). Crust came out a bit darker than I'd prefer, but everyone still liked it. I'm not an apple pie person, myself, so it doesn't matter, I guess.

1127141031_zps346efa94.jpg

*note: no epoxy went into the pie- I got that to hack my Keurig 2.0.
Keurig 2.0 Hack

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
a mixed greens salad with pomegranate, bleu cheese, red onion, bacon bits, and slivered roasted almonds. and a home made honey dijon poppy seed vinaigrette.

also oven roasted spiced sweet potatoes.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
On Thursday morning:

Apple pie, with a mix of granny smith, cortland, fuji, & macintosh apples (+nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, lemon juice, a pinch of brown sugar, & flour). Crust came out a bit darker than I'd prefer, but everyone still liked it.
I made apple pie Thursday morning too. :) I do all granny smith for the recipe I use.

I'm not an apple pie person, myself, so it doesn't matter, I guess.
:azdaja: