• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Made this last night and it was AMAZING.

Peanut-Sesame Slaw with Soba Noodles - Cookie and Kate

Left out the brussel sprouts because I was lazy, and added more cabbage to compensate. Used green cabbage because that's all they had -- and the only cabbage they had was HUGE, so now I have like 3/4 of a cabbage the size of my head that I don't know what to do with.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Chthonic

I just drowned a punnet of strawberries in Paraiso and Cointreau then added whipped cream. I wasn't up to cooking. Or being sober apparently.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Did so much cooking and baking yesterday. Was harder to use up my can of pumpkin puree than I expected. :doh: You ever have one of those days when cooking and baking takes over your life when you don't want it to?

- Ratatouille with herb goat cheese polenta (both from the Moosewood Cookbook) (that was my lunch, plus many dinners to come, before I did all the baking)

- Oatmeal banana chocolate peanut butter smoothies for the next few mornings

- Pumpkin snickerdoodles (without the suggested white chocolate chips -- seemed like overkill)

- The ice cubes necessary for future pumpkin spice frappuccinos

- Oatmeal pumpkin muffins (not linking the recipe because they weren't fantastic -- too healthy-tasting)

gromit

likes this
I am sprouting lentils bahaha how hippie can you get? A recipe I'm doing for a potluck requires sprouts, and it is kinda expensive to buy fresh sprouts, and lentils are so cheap, so I am trying it out.

They've been going for ~24hr now.

I just changed the water and tasted them. They still look like lentils but taste like sprouts now, not like a dried up old legume. AMAZING.

I'm going to let them grow a bit longer and maybe let them get some sun so they aren't so pale and creepy. Apparently you can sprout tons of different things but smaller seeds and beans and stuff work better. I'll probably try peas next and maybe get some mung beans next time I'm down to the Asian grocery store.

Mung-Beans.jpg

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Chicken cacciatore with pasta.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
quiche.jpg

I don't like to cook for too long a time, so I made something quick and tasty for my friends :

200 gr of ham

crème fraîche

4 eggs

1 tomato (as I love sauce I add tomato coulis)

50 gr of goat cheese

salt/ pepper/ nutmeg

+ more Basil than parsley

Pie crust pastry

Et voilà bon appétit !

gromit

likes this
I am sprouting lentils bahaha how hippie can you get? A recipe I'm doing for a potluck requires sprouts, and it is kinda expensive to buy fresh sprouts, and lentils are so cheap, so I am trying it out.

Update, they have white sprouts and tiny green leaves now. Pretty tasty. If I make a habit of doing this I need to come up with a better system, maybe a jar and some cheesecloth or something.

View attachment 12544

gromit

likes this
Oh my. I just made the most delicious thing just sorta off the cuff but I loooove it. The person who subletted my room while I was gone left a bag of produce from her friend's garden, including a small pumpkin/squash (unknown type).

I was roasting up spag squash anyway so I cut that little pumpkin baby in half and roasted it too, seeds and all.

Cooked up some chopped garlic in a couple spoonfuls of coconut oil. Scooped out soft flesh and seeds and some of the skin that was tender too. Kind of chopped/mashed it with a spoon. Mixed it into the garlic and oil with a little added curry, thyme, sage, S&P. Added a bit of chopped green onions at the very end.

:drool:

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Update, they have white sprouts and tiny green leaves now. Pretty tasty. If I make a habit of doing this I need to come up with a better system, maybe a jar and some cheesecloth or something.

View attachment 12544

Hey that is cool and not hippie at all.

I grow mint, basil and chives. Eventually plan to add more things to my collection. I propagated a new mint plant earlier this year (because I accidentally pruned off a branch I didn't mean to) and now it is growing like crazy.

Eventually I will collect enough mint to make tea.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
caramel-nutella sticky buns

took the basic caramel sticky bun recipe but changed the filling to nutella and crushed hazelnuts... they've turned out more than satisfactory :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I made pan-fried kale
3 cloves of garlic chopped
olive oil
half a bunch of kale
salt and pepper

cook the garlic in the olive oil over medium high heat until softened and beginning to brown, add the kale, salt, and pepper cook turning with tongs till wilted takes at most 2-3 minutes. you can add lemon juice once it's done but i thought it didn't need it.

I wish I had made extra it would have been really good in the omlette my mom's making this morning.

my mom made ny strips and baked potatoes.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yesterday I made the Moosewood Cookbook Italian Tomato Sauce (without bell peppers), and used it to make the Moosewood Cookbook Eggplant Parmesan.

SO GOOD.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
grilled salmon and baked squash with lemon, garlic, and white wine (also a little bergamot oil and salt and pepper).

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I was feeling creative so I'm cooking brats in heinken, honey, kitchen boquet, cayenne, onion powder(I have no onions), a small amount of butter, salt, pepper, and honey no clue how it will taste

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Chicken Tortilla Soup garnished with avocado, sour cream, and fresh cilantro. Just because I'm in rainy Oregon doesn't mean I can't have a California dinner. :fiesta:

capslock

MBTI Type
INFP
Slow cooking an Italian style pasta sauce, contemplating opening a bottle..

This thread is not popular anymore? Noone has posted since my last post here...:cry:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This thread is not popular anymore? Noone has posted since my last post here...:cry:
:shrug: I haven't been cooking much. Also I have a food/exercise blog now, so I've been posting most of my recipes there. Dunno about other folks, but that's my excuse.