• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

R

Riva

^ How many times did you burn yourself lexicon?

Anyway now I know how to make scrambled eggs and sausages. I feel like a good-future-husband already.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Currently making braised beef short ribs in my slow cooker. With hoisin sauce and sriracha.

gromit

likes this
Today was supposed to be a hike day but that fell through so I just went to the grocery store and going to make a ton of food and freeze some:
Veg pot pie
Lentil-mushroom stroganoff
Mixed bean soup
Maybe some roasted vegetables too...

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Last night

(though technically today, if you look at the microwave)

Bison buger..

chopped up the stem of a portabella mushroom, & chopped a little onlion. Mashed it into the ground bison. Added pepper/sea salt. Soaked in Worcestershire sauce for a couple hrs.

Grilled it on a Foreman grill, side-by-side with the portabella mushroom cap.

Melted some low-fat cheddar on the bison.

Spread some guacamole on the top inside of a whole wheat bun, then added a big kale leaf, & a tomato slice the same size as the bison & mushroom.

Placed the bison on the bottom bun, added ketchup & purple onions. Stacked the portabella cap on it.

Joined the buns.

Result:

0109140030_zpsd0e473e6.jpg

ketchup came out a bit fast.. I had to scrape a bit off after I took the picture.. too much for me.

MY hands were covered in food at the end of it.
Glorious.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(though technically today, if you look at the microwave)

Bison buger..

chopped up the stem of a portabella mushroom, & chopped a little onlion. Mashed it into the ground bison. Added pepper/sea salt. Soaked in Worcestershire sauce for a couple hrs.

Grilled it on a Foreman grill, side-by-side with the portabella mushroom cap.

Melted some low-fat cheddar on the bison.

Spread some guacamole on the top inside of a whole wheat bun, then added a big kale leaf, & a tomato slice the same size as the bison & mushroom.

Placed the bison on the bottom bun, added ketchup & purple onions. Stacked the portabella cap on it.

Joined the buns.

Result:

0109140030_zpsd0e473e6.jpg

ketchup came out a bit fast.. I had to scrape a bit off after I took the picture.. too much for me.

MY hands were covered in food at the end of it.
Glorious.

With a side of pills, I see.

I would say I love that picture, but you already knew that.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just made baked Mac and cheese but had a feast with turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, asparagus, macaroons and berry pie :)

capslock

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm making pulled pork for the first time. 2,5kg.
Time will tell, hopefully it's edible.

Edit: That bison burger looks fantastic!

capslock

MBTI Type
INFP
Completely failed the pulled pork last weekend, had to throw it all out.
Trying to make pulled beef today, hopefully with better luck.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I made chili and corn bread for dinner. I even made enough to freeze some for next week. :)

gromit

likes this
Pot pie! Lentils and cabbage and carrots. So cheap and so tasty and so nutritious! I even did a fancy braided crust because I had leftover pastry dough after I rolled it all out.

It's baking right now but I'll post a photo when it's done...

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I made corned beef hash for dinner along with cabbage, apples and biscuits. It was pretty good. :)