• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
Today, I got a great deal at the store on some organic ground free-range chicken. I put together some excellent looking/smelling chicken meatballs which I loaded with sun dried tomato pesto, lots of parm, and basil. I'm serving them with cheese raviolis (frozen) and a garlic & herb pasta sauce. The garlic bread is almost done, really looking forward to it!

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I miss that turkey and gravy already. :(

make another one! :)

Last year- I hosted and everyone took all my leftovers. So made another thanksgiving meal (albiet much smaller) the following week- yum! :)

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
I earned bonus points with the family today by making cute bacon cheeseburger sliders, triple chocolate cookies, and turtle cookies.

gromit

likes this
Depressingly... what I cooked today: 2 pillsbury biscuits in the toaster oven and some leftover soup in the microwave

can you tell it's finals week?

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's sugar cookie night at my house.

And spaghetti just in case the cookies are not enough.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Depressingly... what I cooked today: 2 pillsbury biscuits in the toaster oven and some leftover soup in the microwave

can you tell it's finals week?

Same here! I'm getting ready to ask my roommate to chop up the onion for the spaghetti! I had a night off last night and tonight it's pressure time!

gromit

likes this
Same here! I'm getting ready to ask my roommate to chop up the onion for the spaghetti! I had a night off last night and tonight it's pressure time!

Hang in there!

Wed I have no finals so I think I'm gonna make up a bunch of wholesome food to sustain me for the rest of the week.

gromit

likes this
I actually caved and stopped by the grocery store only slightly out of my way hoem from this cafe where I was studying. Got some yummy things/easy to eat without having to dishes (oh yeah because also the pipes froze in our kitchen :( )

ps what are you studying [MENTION=9883]Redbone[/MENTION]? I feel like you told me but I forget now...

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I actually caved and stopped by the grocery store only slightly out of my way hoem from this cafe where I was studying. Got some yummy things/easy to eat without having to dishes (oh yeah because also the pipes froze in our kitchen :( )

ps what are you studying [MENTION=9883]Redbone[/MENTION]? I feel like you told me but I forget now...

Oh geez! I hope that resolves soon without any further problems. At least there is the comfort of yummy food. I probably should have left home to study, too but I was out last night and don't want to venture out again if I can help it.

Health informatics. I'm doing a boring module at NIH on "Protecting Human Research Participants". It's not all boring but it's tedious and I can't skip through the module to take the quiz at the end like I want to.

What did ye get? Needing some vicarious pleasure here!

gromit

likes this
Oh geez! I hope that resolves soon without any further problems. At least there is the comfort of yummy food. I probably should have left home to study, too but I was out last night and don't want to venture out again if I can help it.

Health informatics. I'm doing a boring module at NIH on "Protecting Human Research Participants". It's not all boring but it's tedious and I can't skip through the module to take the quiz at the end like I want to.

What did ye get? Needing some vicarious pleasure here!

Ahh that does not sound so exciting... I had to do a training about research/ethics at the beginning of the semester CITI was the acronym although I have no idea what that stands for. Online too. UGH.

I got some whole rye bread and goat cheese with herbs and some veggies to cut up and eat raw. I have one more salsa jar of leftover pumpkin-walnut soup in the fridge I'll bring tomorrow with some veggies and bread. I also realized I have some veg burgers in the freezer so I can have that too, either microwave at school or toaster oven at home.

I also got brussels sprouts :)wubbie:) for roasting, in anticipation of the water getting fixed and me being able to wash the big tray afterwards.

Oh and some choc chips and potato chips for snackies.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I also got brussels sprouts :)wubbie:) for roasting, in anticipation of the water getting fixed and me being able to wash the big tray afterwards.

Oh sweet! I roasted some cauliflower the other night and have another head in the fridge to do. I'm going to have to copy you and get some brussel sprouts for this. I think they're on sale at Trader Joe's right now? :unsure: I bought a huge sheet pan just for roasting vegetables on but it's good for cookies, too.

I better get this blasted module finished! :blush:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Last night- sauteed shrimp, scallops, & mixed vegs (broccoli, sugar snap peas, green beans, water chestnuts, red peppers, carrots, & shiitake mushrooms). Added a blend of cajun spices. And some jasmine rice. Good stuff.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
blackened tilapia, broccoli with lemon juice and butter,and coconut rice.
blackened seasoning
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp thyme
2.tsp cayenne
4 tsp black pepper
4 tsp white pepper
5tsp onion powder
5 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp paprika
6 tbsp salt

place ingredients in small Ziploc bag and shake well

season both sides of the fish generously with seasoning

heat tbsp oil in frying pan over medium heat add fish cook 3-4'minutes per side
coconut rice
2 tsp minced ginger
2 cloves garlic minced
tbs oil
1 1/2 cups white rice
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 1/2 cups water

heat oil over medium heat saute garlic and ginger til fragrant . add rice saute a minute until glossy. add water,coconut milk bring to a boil cover with tight fitting lid lower to a simmer. simmer for.20 minutes or until rice is.cooked

blace.broccoli in large microwave safe.bowl.with.2 tbs water cover with.saran.wrap microwave.5-8 minutes. add.2 tbsp butter and juice of half a lemon

Last edited:

gromit

likes this
Today I was TRYING to make fudge to give as holiday treats. But as I was halfway through heating the sugar, I remembered that probably the altitude affects the process. I read a few websites about what to do, tried to "calibrate" my thermometer in a pot of boiling water (it actually was boiling at 90C if you can believe that). But I'm afraid I adjusted the temperature in the wrong direction so the sugar didn't get heated to a high enough temperature at all.

Ah well, it's cooling in the fridge now, so we'll see in a little bit how it turns out.

I did a PB/chocolate layered one and then just a plain old chocolate.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Currently making bison burgers on a foreman grill. cayenne pepper.

baked sweet potato fries (sliced sw. potatoes brushed lightly w/olive oil, topped with coarse sea salt & pepper)

using whole wheat burger buns, a little guacamole, ketchup, tomato, kale, purple onion & melted pepper jack cheese on the burger.

This should rock.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Currently making bison burgers on a foreman grill. cayenne pepper.

baked sweet potato fries (sliced sw. potatoes brushed lightly w/olive oil, topped with coarse sea salt & pepper)

using whole wheat burger buns, a little guacamole, ketchup, tomato, kale, purple onion & melted pepper jack cheese on the burger.

This should rock.

Reading this, I more and more get the feeling that God is indeed male, cause he created american woman ! With german woman its only always: salad, salad salad :dry: :D