• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
From a Cook Book I own: Peanut Soup and Fried Leeks
Peanut Soup ingrediants
-2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
-1 onion finely chopped
-4 scallions,trimmed and finely chopped
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-2 to 3 tsp minced fresh ginger
-1/2 scotch bonnet chili or 1 jalapeno chili,seeded and minced
-1 TBS all purpose flour
-about 3 c chicken stock
-3 c milk
-2 c chunky style peanut butter
-salt and pepper to taste
-1/2 c freh parsley
-1 to 2 TBS lime juice

Fried Leeks ingrediants
-2 Leeks trmmed,cut in half,washed well and dried thoroughly
-about 1 c oil for frying
-salt

1.Heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add onion,scallions,ginger,garlic,and chili, and cook until soft but not brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat.
2.Whisk in the chicken stock and bring the soup to a boil. Whisk in the milk, peanut butter, salt and pepper, parsley, and 1 TBS of lime juice. Gentley simmer the soup, uncovered stirring from time to time, until creamy and well flavored, about 10 minutes. Correct the seasonings, adding salt or lime juice to taste. If the soup is too thick, add a little more stock or water.

For the leeks
1.Cut the leeks into 2 in sections. Slice these sections lengthwise as thinkly as possible to make toothpick-thin slivers of leeks. Blot well between 2 paper towels.
2.Just before serving, pour oil to a depth of at least 1 inch in a small frying pan or electric skillet, and heat to 350 F. Fry the leeks, turning with a slotted spoon,until crisp and golden brown, about 1 minute total. Work in several batches if necessary, as not to crowd the pan. drain on paper towels

put soup into bowls garnish with leeks

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
last night around midnight I made breakfast tacos
saute 1 jalapeno and some onion til soft
add and crumble one sausage patty (I would have used chorizo but i didn't have any)
beat two eggs in a bowl with a splash of milk and salt and pepper
add eggs when sausage is browned
add cheese
cook till egg is done
scoop small amount on to soft corn tortilla
top with green taco sauce and sour cream
eat and enjoy
makes 5-6 small tacos.

would have put black beans on it but didn't have any made. and I all i have is dry ones

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
hot chocolate cup cakes! Since I'm on a diet and all.

And prpl that looks awesome.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
hot chocolate cup cakes! Since I'm on a diet and all.

And prpl that looks awesome.

Makes Sense. Yeah I confused loaf and tube pan, plus I don't own a tube pan so it didn't matter it didn't all fit in the loaf pan, but eh raw cake better is delicious

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
How do you make those? :happy2:

With this super secret recipe of mine.

120512_42751_HotChocolate_D.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
egg salad:
3 eggs hard boiled
1 TBS Mayo
1 TBS Plain Greek Yogurt
1 squirt dijon
salt and pepper
few shakes off dill
sliced black olives (optional)
put eggs in bowl along with other ingredients except olives mush with fork. add olives if using and mix put on toasted 12 grain bread or eat directly out of bowl, should be some extra unless you eat 3 sandwhiches

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Made a pretty epic breakfast wrap earlier today.

1 80-calorie whole wheat tortilla
Thin layer [approx 1 tbsp] of spicy guacamole on one side
Thin layer [little under 1 tbsp] of hot salsa
3 eggwhites, sauteed with chopped mushrooms, red & green bell peppers, onion (I prefer to leave the onions/peppers slightly undercooked/still crisp), topped with shredded blend of reduced fat cheddar/monterey jack chz.

..all rollled up.

Accompanied wrap with some iced coffee, & a small cup of fresh strawberries (they're in-season now, so they cost less & taste fucking amazing).

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
7 cheese tortellini dressed with carmalized onions in butter and tomato basil feta mmmmmm

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dag, Prpl, every time I come to this thread, I start having fantasies that we both turn gay so I can ask you to marry me ... the only downside is, I'd weigh 800 pounds by the end of our first year. Your cooking always looks and sounds sooo tasty.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
About to make a smoothie, too, but it won't be as pretty as senz's.

Frozen peaches, strawberries, grapes, & some melon
bunch of fresh raw spinach
blueberry nonfat Greek yogurt
a bit of blueberry pomegranate V8 V-Fusion fruit/veggie juice just to soften it all up a bit more

all blended down in my Nutribullet. <3
(Best appliance ever)

Usually comes out to an ugly greenish-brownish color (or looks entirely chocolatey, haha), but it's cold, tastes sweet, & it's pretty nutrient-dense.

Oh, & yesterday I marinated a chicken breast all day in light balsamic vinaigrette dressing, & cajun spices.
Baked it in the oven last night in a covered ceramic pot (atop a small steel grate inside to keep it out of any grease that dripped off) on 350 for about an hour.
It's pretty damn good. Fell apart as I put it in the plate.

Accompanied it with a small baked sweet potato (put it on some foil beside the chicken pot in the oven), & chopped, sauteed kale. Awesome dinner. Should've cooked the chicken on the stovetop, though. Baking always makes the house really hot, but it's ok now.