• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A stir-fry of sorts- sauteed seasoned/marinated chicken breast, mixed it up with sauteed chopped kale, summer squash, red/green bell peppers, radish, onions, & shaved carrot. Would've been better with some mushrooms, sugar snap peas, broccoli, and some jalepeno, added to the mix.. but for a quick fix this worked out wonderfully. And it's all mine. Locked the cat out.

Might make a smoothie for dessert. Pineapple juice, nonfat vanilla yogurt, blueberries/grapes/strawberries & a bit of ice.

Got a medium sweet potato in the oven right now, to reheat for breakfast tomorrow morning.

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Skinless boneless chicken breast. I threw some salt and pepper, cheese, and parsley on it, and fried it up. It tasted godly when it was freshly cooked, but the other portions quickly dried out. Perhaps in the future I will pour the remaining juices from the pans onto the chicken, instead of trying to use it to cook the potatoes + frozen peas, corn, and beans.

Also noted: potatoes need a much longer frying time than frozen vegetables. And, additional olive oil will be required.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm making a gluten-free cream cheese pound cake tonight.

I made chicken and sausage gumbo last night. It was good but it'll never be right until I can add some decent okra, shrimp, and crab. None of which I can get here.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Last night was coconut curried chicken. Boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked in coconut milk seasoned with curry, cinnamon, ginger, and sea salt, and some water chestnuts and broccoli. Yum! :D

Sy_

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just made cabbage roll casserole. It should be ready in about an hour.

Permabanned
rice with steamed carrot & cabbage and stir fried steak

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Enchiladas con pollo y queso y salsa. Tambien, guacamole, y arroz y legumes y tortillas.
Me gusta la comida mexicana. Es me favorita. Also, I like fry bread with jam. That's on tomorrow's menu:)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I made blintzes and a new sauce
for the blintzes i accidently made pancake batter too thin, so I just left it alone instead of trying to thicken it. I took some ricotta,lemon juice, and powdered sugar and made a filling. spread it into the "crepes" smooshed in two spoon fulls of red currant jelly per "crepe" ,rolled them up, and sprinkled with powdered sugar.

for the sauce I couldn't decide if i wanted a red or alfredo sauce so i started out with a base for alfredo (the butter and cream) and on top of the paramasean I added: Ricotta,Smoked Provolone, 3 shakes of cayenne (really 2.5) and a little bit less than a quarter of a jar of marinara (you want it to be a dark pinkish orange color, basically the same color as tomato soup when made with milk). and it was so good I put it over rigatoni. I made too much so I froze part of it.

Last edited:

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Garlic (like about 6 cloves?) oven fried chicken breasts, petite peas in browned butter, and skillet potatoes with caramelized onions. I hogged all almost all the onions. Kinda upset because I let the chicken get just a tad, just barely overdone so that it was moist but not juicy like it should have been.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I have plans too make: bacon wrapped shrimp, and mango salsa tonight with some friends. And one of them is making this spinach salad that sounds awesome.all I remember is it has blue cheese in it.

gromit

likes this
I have plans too make: bacon wrapped shrimp, and mango salsa tonight with some friends. And one of them is making this spinach salad that sounds awesome.all I remember is it has blue cheese in it.

Mmm I love blue cheese in a salad.

Today I made green split pea soup. It looks pretty gross but tastes pretty delicious. It's supposed to have lemon juice but I didn't have any lemons but I did randomly have sumac, so I used that instead. Not a horrible replacement but it does contribute to the less than attractive appearance.

View attachment 9347

MBTI Type
INTJ
Last night I made a timballo. It's made a bunch of different ways, but this is kind of a spaghetti pie molded in a bundt pan with eggs, cheese and milk holding it together and meatballs in the hole.

timballosmall_zpsdff08e4c.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
today i caramlized onion in butter cooked some cheese tortellini combined the two and sprinkled feta ontop, it was orgasmic