• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Nicki

Retired
This year's Christmas cookies:

Chocolate Gingerbread
Apricot Hazelnut Jam Thumbprints
Strawberry Jam Thumbprints
Dark Chocolate Andes Mint
Peanut Crisps
Shoofly Tarts

2012christmascookies_zpsb92ac680.jpg

That looks super delicious and absolutely gorgeous. :)

A

Anew Leaf

This year's Christmas cookies:

Chocolate Gingerbread
Apricot Hazelnut Jam Thumbprints
Strawberry Jam Thumbprints
Dark Chocolate Andes Mint
Peanut Crisps
Shoofly Tarts

2012christmascookies_zpsb92ac680.jpg

:drool: Clearly you are an INTJ that needs to be cloned and distributed to the populace at large. Chocolate AND Gingerbread?!?! Worlds collide for such less amazing moments in physics. I also see Chocolate and Mint are making out in another cookie. They are quite a fine pair.

Oh, and I made my first batch of chili ever this weekend. I discovered that if you "make a mistake" the solution is to just open another can of diced tomatoes to the pot. I have untold quarts of chili now... and I am mildly alarmed by this fact, and possibly I should invite others to my house. However, it's so delicious, I don't desire to share.

Ingredients that I didn't bother to measure:

many cans of diced tomatoes
1 can of crushed tomatoes
1 can of tomato paste

possibly a fistful of fresh crushed garlic... possibly MOAR
many cans of kidney beans, less than 10 more than 4
many cans of black beans, less than 5, more than 3

chopped/diced/sliced/mangled white onion
red bell peppers
green bell peppers
many jalapenos... like two fists of jalapenos... and then I thought better of it and took out a fist

an unknown quantity of chili powder... possibly the size of a hand
salt
black pepper
paprika
CUMIN AMGS an entire jar

I think that's it. Oh and I made some beef that I am storing separately so that the chili stays good longer or something. I've mainly been snacking on it anyways.

Stuff.

The End.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Haven't done this yet, but pre-emptively: Tomorrow or the next day, I'm going to make Turkish coffee for the first time, and I'm really, really excited about it! I've got a nice copper pot and some (mismatched) demitasse cups, plus appropriately ground coffee beans, so I think I'm good to go. :yesss:
It was So. Freaking. Delicious. And not hard to make! :holy:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, and I made my first batch of chili ever this weekend. I discovered that if you "make a mistake" the solution is to just open another can of diced tomatoes to the pot. I have untold quarts of chili now... and I am mildly alarmed by this fact, and possibly I should invite others to my house. However, it's so delicious, I don't desire to share.
Chili freezes well, with or without meat, so you can preserve your excess without the need to share. I put sausage in my chili - usually hot Italian sausage, or even chorizo sausage.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ [MENTION=15886]jontherobot[/MENTION]: That was pretty much my lunch today. :laugh: Salsa, fried eggs, and avocado!
[MENTION=13147]senza tema[/MENTION]: I LOVE SHAKSHUKA. I ate it all the time when I was in Egypt and loved it every time. Did you eat it with good, warm pita bread? :drool:

^ [MENTION=15886]jontherobot[/MENTION]: That was pretty much my lunch today. :laugh: Salsa, fried eggs, and avocado!
[MENTION=13147]senza tema[/MENTION]: I LOVE SHAKSHUKA. I ate it all the time when I was in Egypt and loved it every time. Did you eat it with good, warm pita bread? :drool:

No pita bread at home, unfortunately. Had to go with just plain old Italian. Still good though. I also made a minted yogurt dip that would have gone well with pita. I should get some the next time I'm at the store.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Breakfast- made an eggwhite omelette containing spinach, chopped kale, peppered cherry tomato wedges, & reduced fat mexican shredded cheese blend. Topped with a little hot salsa. Accompanied by mocha hot coffee & a cup of light V8-VFusion fruit/veggie juice [acai/mixed berry].

Dinner, I'm marinating a chicken breast presently, in fat free Italian dressing, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, turmeric, chili powder & onions.
Making baked sweet potato fries to go with it [just cut sweet potato, lightly brushed with olive oil, topped with coarse sea salt, baked for a bit, then broiled on high to get crispy], & some steamed broccoli.

Dessert, I'll make a sundae with a scoop of nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt, dark hot fudge sauce, nonfat whipped cream, sliced almonds, & a cherry.
Accompany with a cup of black coffee with just the end of a peppermint candy-cane dissolved in it.

(If I can actually finish all that, I'll be amazed)

My brain is too big for my stomach, these days.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Breakfast- made an eggwhite omelette containing spinach, chopped kale, peppered cherry tomato wedges, & reduced fat mexican shredded cheese blend. Topped with a little hot salsa. Accompanied by mocha hot coffee & a cup of light V8-VFusion fruit/veggie juice [acai/mixed berry].

Dinner, I'm marinating a chicken breast presently, in fat free Italian dressing, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, turmeric, chili powder & onions.
Making baked sweet potato fries to go with it [just cut sweet potato, lightly brushed with olive oil, topped with coarse sea salt, baked for a bit, then broiled on high to get crispy], & some steamed broccoli.

Dessert, I'll make a sundae with a scoop of nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt, dark hot fudge sauce, nonfat whipped cream, sliced almonds, & a cherry.
Accompany with a cup of black coffee with just the end of a peppermint candy-cane dissolved in it.

Okay for the meetup then, you'll pick me up the night before and have a tray ready for me at 9 AM?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay for the meetup then, you'll pick me up the night before and have a tray ready for me at 9 AM?

:laugh: Absolutely!

(Actually if I were in my own place, that'd definitely be on the table. Fe loves making things for guests/making them comfortable. It's so gross/domestic, ha.)

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hungarian Mushroom Soup, from the Moosewood Cookbook. :) Turned out great!

Oh, I loved that cookbook! Mine got a little too friendly with a grill...:cry: They had a GF strawberry-banana muffin recipe that was quite good. Or that's what I was told...I don't like strawberries.

Making pork lo mein tonight...maybe. The bed might claim me first.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp

That sounds delicious!

chatoyer

MBTI Type
eNfP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A broiled apple/cheddar cheese open-face sandwich on a pretzel bun--Yum!

Permabanned
I made an omelet for brunch with smoked turkey ham, loin paio, cheese, parsley, oregano & pint of salt & black pepper, cooked in olive oil. It was OMFG-delishass. :drool:
I rock :cool:

ETA: accompanied with Via Colombia Brew coffee, toasted rye bread and nut chocolate cream [nutella copy]. :yes:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, I loved that cookbook! Mine got a little too friendly with a grill...:cry:
Oh no! D:

Have someone get it for you for your birthday! The new edition is good. Much better organized.
They had a GF strawberry-banana muffin recipe that was quite good. Or that's what I was told...I don't like strawberries.
Never tried the muffins... :huh:

You could always try it with just bananas?
Making pork lo mein tonight...maybe. The bed might claim me first.
Ooh, I've never tried making lo mein from scratch. Is it hard? How did it turn out?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dinner- epic eggwhite omelette: 4 egg whites, chopped kale, diced green bell peppers, tomatoes, & some reduced fat mexican shredded cheese blend.
(Also sauteed an additional pan of chopped kale. The stems are really good. I want more. :cry:)

Dessert- smoothie made with nonfat vanilla yogurt, little pineapple juice, black grapes, frozen blueberries, 1 slice pineapple, fistful of spinach, & some ice.

/win