• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Pinker85

truffles1.jpg

Chocolate truffles: coconut oil, raw cacao powder, agave nectar, and shredded coconut. That's it. Yummy, though.

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
My favorite and special recipe, vegetable ground beef soup

Myvegetablegroundbeefsoup.jpg
[/IMG]

There are hundreds of recipes on the net for this but my recipe is :

(I use an 18 oz. solo drinking cup to measure my vegetables)

Using a 7 quart crock pot and -

2 packs of ground sirloin, fried and drained (each pack is 16 ounce)

2 cups of sliced carrots
2 cups of diced potatoes
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen green beans
1 cup frozen speckled butterbeans
1 pouch onion soup mix
8 cans tomato sauce (15 ounce size cans)

Using just the tip of a teaspoon, I dip out maybe a little less than 1/4 of a teaspoon of Better Than Bullion beef stock paste and pour 15 ounces of boiling water over the small amount of beef stock paste using one of the empty tomato cans. (That stuff is extremely salty and a little bit goes a long way)

Sometimes I add a little water to this to top it off even with the rim of the crock pot.It usually takes maybe only 8 ounces or so of water. I like to pack my crock pot full.

I turn it low and let it cook for 12 to 16 hours, it depends on how often I stir it as to when it gets done but cooking it on low and cooking it slow makes it taste so much better.

My cornbread and this is ummmm-good. :D

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Mycornbread.jpg
[/IMG]

My recipe for cornbread >

2 cups of self-rising cornmeal
3 eggs, sometimes 4 eggs- depends on how moist you like it
1 and 1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup corn oil
1 tablespoon of butter ( I use Land-O-Lakes Natural Whipped Butter)
I flake the tablespoon of butter in tiny shavings so it distributes evenly when baking

I use Pyrex cookware for cornbread so I can see how brown it gets on the sides and bottom

I cook at 400 degrees for 25 minutes

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
rye, honey, yeast and water. fermented for about 24 hours.

then some baking soda.

spread thin on the heated pan - makes a sticky, foamy, moist bread. wasn't right on for injera but was good. the bottom slides right off the pan and is very smooth, almost a thin paper crust, but as it cools turns sticky.

you don't bake it til dry, i don't know how that'd work. while moist it was quite sticky.

[MENTION=9486]gromit[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4515]wolfy[/MENTION]

I like it better with teff flour. When I can find it.

Socca flatbread is very good, too. I made this a few weeks ago but I need a better olive oil for it.

Made GF cinnamon raisin biscuits this morning.

Spanish omelette that turned more into Spanish scrambled eggs :)cry:) and a yoghurt dip that I ate with carrot sticks.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A new recipe made by myself: The Cookie Monsterâ„¢, well I didn't really cook it, but the word cookie has the word cook in it, does it not? Anyway:

• 5 scoops of vanilla ice cream
  • 3 or 4 Oreo cookies
  • 1/4 cup of milk*
  • 1/4 cup of Monster energy drink*
  • and a shot of tequlia if desired
Put in a blender and mix.

*I didn't really have set measurements when first trying it, but I'm working out the kicks.

Last edited: