• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Last night, beef bourguignon over mashed potatoes. Rice flour has very little thickening power so I had to toss in a little cornstarch slurry at the end. I was disappointed because it made the sauce more gravy-like than silky but I was very pleased with the flavor.

Tonight is lazy night with chicken salad sandwiches. Well, maybe not so lazy since I baked a loaf of bread for the sandwiches.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
last time I cooked something was probably instant noodles.

Hyacinth

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bacon wrapped filet mignon and green bean fries, so delicious. ^_^

gromit

likes this
Today I went crazy. I had been so busy studying, cooking is a nice de-stress and fun activity.

• Vegetable crock pot chili
  • Sour cream corn bread with chives
  • Short bread cookies + raspberry filling

Pinker85

Pinker, are you vegan/gluten free? Just curious. I have some friends who eat quite similarly to this, and they're gluten-free vegans who are near about paleo these days (which means that they eat... I don't know what anymore!)

Wow, I actually can't imagine not being able to eat nuts which I guess is one the off limits foods with paleo diet. I'm not vegan. I eat raw shellfish every so often. I mostly avoid gluten but it isn't something I'm very strict about. I think just from not eating anything processed I pretty much cut out a lot of foods high in gluten.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Wow, I actually can't imagine not being able to eat nuts which I guess is one the off limits foods with paleo diet. I'm not vegan. I eat raw shellfish every so often. I mostly avoid gluten but it isn't something I'm very strict about. I think just from not eating anything processed I pretty much cut out a lot of foods high in gluten.

Nuts are okay, but beans aren't (so I guess they get most of their protein from eggs, which they do eat--so I suppose they're not 100% vegan).

I'm curious about gluten free and often wonder if it wouldn't be a good change for me. But then I eat some toast.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I made sweet potato salad (sweet potatoes, jalapenos, onion, thai basil, ginger powder, garlic powder, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper, cayenne). Nom!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
chicken alfredo. I did seasoned the chicken lightly with salt pepper and paprika cooked it in a frying pan on medium for 5 minutes per side. than I melted a stick of butter and added a cup of cream whisk furiously added about a cup maybe a little more of cheese a tiny tiny pinch of salt (you don't need a lot because of the cheese) and 4-5 shakes of black pepper. than i cooked the pasta according the package.

Pinker85

Nuts are okay, but beans aren't (so I guess they get most of their protein from eggs, which they do eat--so I suppose they're not 100% vegan).

I'm curious about gluten free and often wonder if it wouldn't be a good change for me. But then I eat some toast.

haha[MENTION=5]Eileen[/MENTION] @bread comment. Bread is tasty stuff. I just find I do much better without it in my diet.

dsaa.jpg

Banana chocolate cashew smoothie: raw cacao powder, hemp seeds, cashew milk, agave syrup, and banana. MMMMMMmmm. I'm so addicted to chocolate right now.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I did not really do this myself, but my partner made sweet tea sorbet tonight. Yum.