• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Pinker85

sandwich001fd_edited-1.jpg

Lazy dinner: sprouted buckwheat and flax flatbread topped with raw tahini mixed with yellow miso, marinated spinach and onions (spinach, onions, olive oil, and lemon juice massaged together and left overnight), tomatoes, and a sprinkling of nutritional yeast and black pepper. Made a simple veggie stir fry for the boy as this was a little too "healthy tasting" for him out of cabbage, mushrooms, carrot, and peppers. He devoured it before I could take a photo. :p And no we didn't eat pie first . . . just finally uploading the photo from Sunday.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I made a fish pie. it's like a shepherds pie but instead of meat and gravy it's seafood and a cream sauce with dill topped with mashed potatoes and baked.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
the pork chops i made ended up being so tender that you didn't need a knife. but it was baked pork chops with cabbage. and i also made baked sweet potatoes i had mine with butter and brown sugar

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
i did not make anything but im hoping to start making my own chipolte chili with what i have in my garden.

thinking chipolte lime chicken tamales.

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
the simplest sort of solyanka: first made broth with one chicken leg/quarter, then added some cereal flakes (i think it was what we call "three-grain porridge mix" - crushed wheat, barley and oats) and seasoned it with two sliced pickled cucumbers. had fresh plain mozzarella for a side dish, which worked out just fine.

N

NPcomplete

I made a ricotta cheesecake for my dad and added strawberry jam swirls on top. It will be grandiose! :wizfreak:

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I made a caprese-inspired salad, but put the tomatoes/basil/mozz in some chard from the garden along with roasted peppers and capers. It was pretty nom.

rav3n

Didn't bother taking a picture but I roasted a chicken today using something different. A thrown together recipe that started with rubbing soy all over the chicken, then mixing rosemary, basil, thyme, salt, pepper and rubbing it all over the chicken. Then I sliced up an onion and minced garlic, putting most of the onion on the bottom of the pan and some of the onion and garlic inside the cavity, also embedding some of the garlic under the skin on the breast and against the thigh. Added a couple of cups of water into the bottom of the pan with the onions. Then put the chicken on a rack in the pan.

Turned out really good since the skin crisped up nice where with the liquid left in the bottom of the pan, made gravy and served with rice, stir-fried asparagas and corn.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Today I made eggs scrambled in olive oil with fines herbs. It was accompanied by black eyed peas, hot buttered grits, and sourdough English muffin toasted, topped with butter and raw honey.

The other night I made salmon croquettes with homemade tartar sauce, turnip greens with apple cider vinegar, and macaroni and cheese (out of the box, I had to challenge myself to make it perfect and not runny, like the artist formally known as ISTP; I HAZ SUCCESS!!!11)

I want to make fried chicken later or tomorrow, but I should have thought of that when I still had money for groceries.

Apparently Im trying to get fat! :dont:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I made Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate brownies, put Haagen Dazs French Vanilla ice cream on top and drizzled Stonewall Kitchen Spiced Rum Butterscotch Sauce over the ice cream.

To die for.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Last night was beef and broccoli with rice. Tonight it's lasagna. It's out of the oven and cooling. It smells so good! Bless you, Tinkyada for the best GF pasta!

Berry season is here and prices are down. I'm thinking about going in there and making a sour cream pound cake to go with some raspberry sauce.

Pinker85

pfd004sadas.jpg

Almond falafel with marinated onions and fresh cilantro on a Middle Eastern wrap (baharat seasoning worked out really well).

ghjg032fd.jpg

Cashew cream cheese and Asian pesto on sprouted buckwheat flat with currant tomatoes. Also served this with baby won bok and simple dip made out of tamari, almond butter, and agave.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Pinker, are you vegan/gluten free? Just curious. I have some friends who eat quite similarly to this, and they're gluten-free vegans who are near about paleo these days (which means that they eat... I don't know what anymore!)

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had to make this stupid giant lemon tart for a dinner I didn't want to attend tonight- was supposed to 'dust' with confectioner's sugar, but accidentally dumped a LOT on.. everyone was referring to it as my ''cocaine pie.''

I suppose I ought to be proud.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tried pasta, grilled chicken, grilled mushrooms and onions, cooked with some lime juice, added parsley and ginger. Not as weird as I thought it would be. Half reassured, half disappointed, heh. Needs a little more lime and spices.

Going to make sweet potato and pear tarts/mini-pies in a few hours, with of course cinnamon and maybe a little honey.