• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I made a cookie cake. And then I painted it with cream cheese frosting. :D

ChrsitmasCakeSmall-1.jpg

Cookie recipe is here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/giant-chocolate-chip-cookie/detail.aspx

Cream cheese recipe is here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cream-cheese-frosting-ii-2/detail.aspx

thats beautiful

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not really cooking, but I introduced my Southern German boyfriend to a typical Northern German dinner last night:

IMG_4891a.jpg

No, they are not maggots, damn it, they are delicious North Sea shrimps (Crangon crangon , mainly taste like sea water, to be honest, but I looooovve that stuff) on fresh crispy rye bread !!!

Add to that: fried egg, some pickles and some Jever or Becks beer ... *drools*

Tonights it's a nice simple soup made from red lentils and chicken broth.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
VA2ow.jpg

:drool:

Freestyled it from sratches, never made spaghetti sauce from fresh tomatoes before and wasnt 100% sure if pesto would fit in it, but it came out great.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bug is a bug, doesent matter if it lives in water or dirt

I said "maggots" (larvae of a fly), not "bugs".

Informally, most arthropods, except marine crustaceans, including individuals or species of

centipede
insect
millipede
mite
scorpion[citation needed]
spider
tick
woodlouse
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bug

But yeah, when you think about some of the things people eat...

Anyway, the little buggers are really tasty.

url

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
If those were not home made bug stuffs...

I made caramel and then used it to make more nice bites.

IMG_4439.jpg

IMG_4440.jpg

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Homemade Toffee!

So simple. Melt 1c butter. Add 1c sugar, 1/4 c water, 1/2 tsp salt. Keep stirring and bring to 300 degrees F (hard crack stage). Pour into 9x13 pyrex pan. Let it cool. Break it and dip in melted chocolate on both sides. I think it would be good with nuts sprinkled as well... walnuts or almonds. Didn't have any though.

Brown sugar or white sugar? (or other?)

I suppose a candy thermometer is essential, or can you cheat? How hard does it come out at that temperature? chewy or completely brittle, or somewhere in between?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I found out 15min past 4 that markets close 4pm today, so couldnt go buy any food. So i decided to make food out of what i could find from home and ended up with full grain pasta with a sauce like this:

3 small onions and 3 garlic(nails? or what are they called) sliced on pan with some butter, after onions started to get soft added some soy sauce, pesto, ketchup made from sun dried tomatoes, black pepper, paprika powder, oregano and heated them for a while before adding bit more garlic and some cheese spread.

Then mixed with the spaghetti and some emmental cheese.

Was delicious :yes:

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
329705_912277322156_38509213_39106316_879703849_o.jpg

I took the picture with my phone, so it's not very sharp unfortunately, but it was really tasty. Roasted Chicken A'la Orange. Made it with the boyfriend yesterday for Christmas dinner.

It was stuffed with garlic, onions, parsley, butter, and orange slices.

G

Ginkgo

Not really cooking, but I introduced my Southern German boyfriend to a typical Northern German dinner last night:

IMG_4891a.jpg

No, they are not maggots, damn it, they are delicious North Sea shrimps (Crangon crangon , mainly taste like sea water, to be honest, but I looooovve that stuff) on fresh crispy rye bread !!!

Add to that: fried egg, some pickles and some Jever or Becks beer ... *drools*

Tonights it's a nice simple soup made from red lentils and chicken broth.

Suuuuuure. "Shrimp". That's what they always say.

gromit

likes this
Brown sugar or white sugar? (or other?)

I suppose a candy thermometer is essential, or can you cheat? How hard does it come out at that temperature? chewy or completely brittle, or somewhere in between?

I used white, but brown could probably work too and be tasty. Not sure, though, bc candy making is more of a science. There are ways to test which state the sugar is in. You put a tiny bit into cold water and see what it's like... that's where the names come from, soft ball, hard ball, hard crack, etc. I think the thermometer is more reliable though.

The toffee comes out nice and crunchy with a little bit of tackiness... sticks to your molars and dissolves slowly. Mmmm...

gromit

likes this
I forget if I've posted it or not, but I've been super into brussels sprouts lately. My favorite way, slice in half and put in glass baking dish, sliced side up. Top with little pats of butter and sprinkle with salt, pepper, cooking sherry. Roast at 350 or so until tender (it takes a long time maybe like half hour or something). They are soooooo amazing roasted. Also nice and tasty with just olive oil and S&P.

I have a recipe with hazelnuts that I'd like to try at some point... when I remember to get hazelnuts at the store.

gromit

likes this
For friend gifts for the holidays, I made treats: pistachio almond macaroons and candied orange slices. The macaroons are great, fairly easy, and a hit. The orange slices were more of a long-term project. Blanch (sp?) them and then bathe them in a sugar syrup bath for 2-3 weeks, increasing the concentration at certain points, remove, let them drain/dry 1-2 and roll them in granulated sugar (and dip in melted chocolate if you like!). They were tasty, but I am not convinced they were worth the effort.

gromit

likes this
Hm. I guess I've been in a cooking mood lately. Yesterday I had some friends over and made this creamy mushroom soup with paprika served with rye bread and... roasted brussels sprouts of course!

Would have been more nutritious with homemade rye with whole wheat but I couldn't find the recipe. Ah well.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Gonna see if I can assert some cordon bleu this evening against my vegetables eating gf :)

essen.jpg