• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Pinker85

Cashew cream

1 cup drained raw cashews soaked for 12 hours
1/2-3/4 cup water
1/2 medjool date

Blend until creamy.

Egg salad inspired salad

1/4 cup diced sweet onion
1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
1 large celery stalk diced
1/2 cup diced granny smith apple
1/2 cup home sprouted adzuki beans
1/2 cup home sprouted mung beans (I don't eat store bought sprouts raw as I don't trust the growing/handling conditions of industrial sprout growers to be safe)
1 small zucchini diced

Dressing

1 cup cashew cream
1 heaping tbsp dulse
1-2 tsp herbamare (depends how salty you want it)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1-2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1-2 tsp soy sauce
1 garlic clove minced
2 tbsp finely minced pickles
1/2 tsp dill
1/2 tsp turmeric (to give it a yellow egg color)
black pepper

Mix together dressing. Toss salad ingredients except dressing together. Just before eating toss dressing on salad mix.

Morning Green Smoothie

2 cups chopped raw greens (I used kale this morning) with main rib removed
1 medium apple peeled, cored, and chopped
1-2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil (I like Nutiva)
1/2 medjool date
1 1/2 cups water

Blend.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
triple mushroom soup using regular white, some dried mushrooms i don't know the kind the package was in finnish, and some mushroom soup powder also in finnish. I cooked an onion and added chicken stock and parsley and will add salt and pepper later

Pinker85

Raw oatmeal

1/3 cup drained steel cut oats taken from batch of 1 cup (dry measurement) steel cut oats soaked in 4 cups water for 48 hours, change out water every 24 hours
1 dried fig soaked for 24 hours (the figs can actually be left to soak for 2-3 days)
1/4 cup drained cashews that have soaked for 12-24 hours
2/3 cup water
1 small banana sliced
a few raisins and sunflower seeds as a topper

Blend oatmeal, cashew, and water until desired consistency. Pour over bananas and top with raisins and sunflower seeds.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Pot roast in the crock pot and mashed potatoes and corn pudding for dinner tonight

Undeclared

MBTI Type
INTp
Funny how the last three thread names I've been compelled to click on were about food...and I'm not even hungry o_O

Well today I made very special brownies for my sister-in-law's coworker......They came out so perfect and smelled so good and I didn't even get to try one!
tn_201.jpg

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I made the most delicious vegan oatmeal cookies from Alicia Silverstone's The Kind Diet. Will post recipe if anyone's interested. They were seriously some of the best cookies I've ever had.

feisty

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
tumblr_lskbt9G6Ba1r2b6bfo1_500.jpg

...well not today but recently.... champagne cupcakes.

Pinker85

Mexican burritos

Raw refried beans

1 1/4 cups sunflower seeds soaked for 8-10 hours in water, will be 2 cups when drained at end of soak period
1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
1/4 cup sweet onion diced (I prefer mine heaping as I like onion)
1/4 cup green pepper diced
2 tbsp (pre-soak measurement) chopped sun dried tomato soaked in 1/4 cup water
1/4 - 1/2 cup water
1 tbsp + 1 tsp lemon juice
1-2 cloves garlic diced (2 cloves makes it really garlicky)
1/2 tsp sweet paprika
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp coriander powder
Small pinch of oregano
Sea salt and pepper to taste

Process everything (including sun dried tomato soak water) in food processor until desired consistency. Add more water if you prefer your beans runnier.

Simple tomato salsa

1 cup chopped tomatoes
Scant 1/4 cup sweet onion chopped
1/2 garlic clove minced
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
Dash of ground cumin
Sea salt and pepper to taste

Mix everything.

Cashew sour cream

1 cup (pre-soak measurement) drained raw cashews soaked for 12 hours
1/2-3/4 cup water

Blend until creamy. Place in lidded glass jar, leaving space at the top, and leave in non-drafty area to ferment (gives it that sour tangy taste) for 24-36 hours.

*A variation on this is to blend in the contents of a capsule of probiotic (you can buy this at most health food store) when blending the cashews and create a cashew yogurt from this. When yogurt has finished fermenting add chopped cucumber, ground coriander, ground cumin, diced jalapeno, cilantro, mint, and slices of green onion for raw vegan raita.

Using the above make wraps with raw collard greens. I like to add home sprouted mung beans as it gives it a little extra oomph. So incredibly good.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^Oooh...can I bring a spoon (jar) for that?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I made the most delicious vegan oatmeal cookies from Alicia Silverstone's The Kind Diet. Will post recipe if anyone's interested. They were seriously some of the best cookies I've ever had.

I'd love to see the recipe!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I'd love to see the recipe!

Here you go!

Oatmeal, Walnut and Dried Plum Cookies
(via The Kind Diet)

1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
3/4 c unbleached all-purpose flour
1/3 c maple sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
1/3 c maple syrup
1/2 c safflower oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon molasses (I used blackstrap)
1/4 c chopped dried plums or other dried fruit
1/4 c finely chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Combine the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. in a separate bowl, combine the syrup, oil, vanilla extract, and molasses. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir to combine. Fold in the dried plums and nuts.

Using your hands, roll tablespoon-size scoops of dough into balls. Place the balls onto the prepared baking sheet, and press down slightly on the balls to flatten the tops. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a baking rack to col completely.

For variety, replace the all-purpose flour with whole-wheat pastry flour, barley flour, spelt flour, or a gluten-free baking mix (choose one that does not include baking soda and baking powder). You can also substitute chocolate chips for the dried fruit and any kind of nuts for the walnuts.

Tallulah's notes: I didn't have maple sugar, so I just used regular, but I think the maple's a little healthier. I used canola instead of safflower oil. I used half chocolate chips and half raisins. These were SO delicious, and stayed fresh longer than cookies made with butter and eggs.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I tried to cook buckwheat hot cereal... :sick:

Does eating sand kibbles floating on top of a vat of hot murky water sound yummy to YOU?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
chicken parmasean in which one person who tried it said that i should offer to make extra when i cook and charge the people,

Last edited:

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Today I have prepared a vegetable-based dish.

I started with a huge chunk of iceberg lettuce. Then I shredded this and placed it into a large bowl.

I added cheese, leftover hamburger meat, sour cream, and tortilla chips.

Then I decided that, since this was a salad, I could spoil myself.

I poured some bacon ranch dressing over the entire thing.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yesterday I made chocolate chip cookies. Yummmm! And then I ate like 5 of them. :D