• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
this week i'm making minestrone soup one night and the next night I'm making carribean rice and peas with a salad that has lettuce,cucumbers, tomatoes, and argula, and some multi grain french bread

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Low carb pizza!

mms_picture7.jpg

I decided to try three experimental options: (All with Mozzarella and Parmesan)

Pesto/Basil/Broccoli/Chicken (no sauce)
Pesto/Tomato/Basil (No sauce)
Sauce/Chicken

The Sauce/chicken one was super lacking. Will not be trying that again. Surprisingly enough, the broccoli was FANTASTIC. I think next Im going to try a Pesto/Basil/Broccoli/Tomato combination. The juicy tomatoes would be great with the broccoli. And the fresh basil REALLY made this. MUST have: Fresh basil.

My only complaint is that i would like to try to achieve a more crisp crust. I think if I throw the tortillas in the oven and let them crisp up first, it should work. The pizzas themselves only take aout 8 minutes to cook, so the tortilla shouldn't burn.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Today I made the pesto/basil/mozzarella/parmesan/tomato/chicken/broccoli pizza for lunch. Too many toppings, methinks. I think it could have done without the chicken. Tomato and broccoli pizza is going to be my favorite I think.

It's still hard getting the crispy crust. I think the tomato gets the tortilla a little soggy. Will have to experiment with this and learn how to perfect the crust.

That being said, Im going to start eating these little pizzas for like every meal. :holy: Theyre so delicious. They're easy and quick - Assemble + 8 minutes in the oven = done. And they're only about 9-12g of carbs per pizza, depending on toppings.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Today I made the pesto/basil/mozzarella/parmesan/tomato/chicken/broccoli pizza for lunch. Too many toppings, methinks. I think it could have done without the chicken. Tomato and broccoli pizza is going to be my favorite I think.

It's still hard getting the crispy crust. I think the tomato gets the tortilla a little soggy. Will have to experiment with this and learn how to perfect the crust.

That being said, Im going to start eating these little pizzas for like every meal. :holy: Theyre so delicious. They're easy and quick - Assemble + 8 minutes in the oven = done. And they're only about 9-12g of carbs per pizza, depending on toppings.

An inexpensive pizza stone would be the best way to get them crisp. Or grill them. Even a pan like cast iron would crisp them.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
An inexpensive pizza stone would be the best way to get them crisp. Or grill them. Even a pan like cast iron would crisp them.

Oooh. A pizza stone isn't a half bad idea. Thanks! Ill have to go price them.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Patches, with a crust as thin as a tortilla, I think you want to use a lot less toppings than you show in your pictures. The thinner the crust, the less toppings it can tolerate before it gets soggy. With less toppings, the pizza will also finish cooking before the tortilla scorches. I'd brush the tortilla with olive oil and cook it for a minute or two by itself, then top it lightly and cook it at high heat (maybe like 450 or 500) just until the cheese melts, no more than 5 minutes or so. Good luck!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
for the 4th I'm making cheesecake stuffed strawberries, with a blueberry sauce to dip them in. so it's red white and blue. I'll tell you how they turn out

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
for the 4th I'm making cheesecake stuffed strawberries, with a blueberry sauce to dip them in. so it's red white and blue. I'll tell you how they turn out

Ohhh that sounds good, be sure to take pictures :)!

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I made the best kimchi soup ever today, definitly mom quality ;)! I might post a pic in a few.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
a steak with creamed spinach cooked in the steak juices. I didn't have heavy cream so I used sour cream and it worked it was a good substitute I also added goat cheese to the spinach delicious

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
That sounds delicious, prpl!

I made chocolate hummus--tastes awesome, esp if you eat it with something salty like pita chips.