• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
last monday I made a sour cream noodle bake
sunday I made turkey pot pie and salad
yesterday I made irish stew and sour dough bread
today I'm making potato soup, corn bread, spinach salad.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
saturday morning I'm attempted egg's florentine. Never made hollandaise sauce, but i've made other sauces I'm a bit nervous though. I heard hollandaise is hard to do.oh and fried potatoes which will be easy.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Perfectly cooked gyoza! Yummmm

IMG_1163.jpg

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Went to a friend's house and she made us an awesome spaghetti sauce with chicken and mushrooms, which we served over both pasta and spaghetti squash. So yummy!

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I made a delicious Adobo inspired roasted chicken breast with potatoes last night, It was really tasty!!!

Ingredients

• Chicken Breast
  • 6 Red Potatoes
  • 1/2 Yellow Onion
  • A little less then 1/4 cup of White Vinegar
  • 1/2 cup of Soy Sauce
  • 1/2 cup of Water
  • Pepper
  • Cayenne Pepper

Instructions:

• Cut the chicken in to 8 smaller strips
  • Mix liquid ingredients and spices together in a bowl and add chicken, let it marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  • Cut onions and potatoes into bite sized pieces
  • Grease the baking dish
  • Add onions, potatoes, chicken in to dish, drizzle marinade mixture all over the ingredients
  • Add more soy sauce and water if you like more broth, but try not to over do it with the soy sauce!!
  • Cover the baking dish with foil
  • Cook for about an hour, or until the chicken and potatoes are done
  • Serve over rice

The photo doesnt do it any justice but I will post it anyway ;).

IMG_1208.jpg

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic. Served with button mushrooms and pasta.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
my mom and I are going to watch Kramer vs Kramer tonight and I'm making spinach artichoke dip to eat while watching the movie

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
menu for the week so far:
fajiatas and rice

corn flake chicken, put back potatoes, broccoli, salad, bread

bratwurst, corn on the cob, potato salad

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Stephen Thomas Erlewine strapping condoms on Shaquille O'Neal.

AntiZang

MBTI Type
INFP
I baked a nice loaf of herb & cheese bread. has about 1/2 a cup of cheddar in the dough along with oregano and basil

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
black eyed pea and potato curry-too much cilantro not enough other spices. has been noted for the future

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
my sinuses slow-cooked a seriously zesty infection in my nose overnight. Tenderized to perfection. I woke up, and, voila! Bon appetite, dumping directly into my belly !

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It was supposed to be a supreme tuna melt:

Barley, chickpeas a.k.a. garbanzo beans, dry spinach leaves, chopped tomato, and shredded cheddar cheese with spices added.

I baked it in the oven for about half an hour and then realized I'd forgotten to put the tuna in it. So I got the tuna, laid it onto a plate, and plopped the casserole thing on top of the tuna pile. Good enough.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
It was supposed to be a supreme tuna melt:

Barley, chickpeas a.k.a. garbanzo beans, dry spinach leaves, chopped tomato, and shredded cheddar cheese with spices added.

I baked it in the oven for about half an hour and then realized I'd forgotten to put the tuna in it. So I got the tuna, laid it onto a plate, and plopped the casserole thing on top of the tuna pile. Good enough.

that sounds good without the tuna, my brother doesn't eat fish. we have some firehouse smoked cheddar maybe i'll make it for dinner.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Jamaican jerk chicken, corn on the cob, red potatoes, & baked beans...yum ;).

IMG_1307.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
couscous with 7 vegetable tagine-amazing
2 1/2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
1 Large Onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, slivered
5 cups vegetable broth (low sodium preferable)
2 medium tomatoes peeled, seeded, and chopped
1 boiling potato cut into 8 pieces
salt and pepper
1 small carrot
1 cup fresh or frozen peas
4 medium asparagus *
2 oz fresh green beans
1 19oz can chickpeas rinsed and drained
1 medium red bell pepper coursely chopped
1 small zuchinni
1 TBS harissa sauce or chinese chile paste (or red pepper flakes)
2 cups instant couscous
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1 1/2 TBS fresh lemon juice

In a medium stockpot, heat 2 TBS of the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic cook until softened and lightly golden stirring often. Stir in 2 cups of the broth, tomatoes, potato, salt and pepper; bring to a boil over high heat. Add the carrots and fresh peas, medium aspargus, and large green beans, if using; return to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. (if using frozen peas thing asparagus, and small green beans just add the carrots and cook for 10 minutes, then add these vegetables in the next step with the chickpeas.) Add the chickpeas, red bell pepper, zucchini, and crushed red pepper flakes, if using; bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer gently until all the vegetables are tender, 7 to 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring the remaining 3 cups of broth to a boil. Stir in the couscous and the remaining 1/2 TBS oil. Cover and remove from the heat. Let Stand until all the broth is absorbed. 7 minutes. uncover and fluff with a fork

Just before serving, add the cilantro, lemon juice, and the harrissa or chile paste, if using, to the stewed vegetables, stirring well to combined. Season with additional salt and pepper as necessary serve over hot couscous.**

*nixed this because I hate asparagus
**forgot this step but didn't miss it either.

oh did serve it over couscous

Last edited: