• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I made some hot dogs for my sister and her kid. Some nice uncurred all beef ones from Trader Joes, cut in half and friend in an iron skillet (adding a drop of sesame oil and dab of butter to the grill.

Served in a lightly warmed hot dog bun w an array of condiments for them to apply themselves.

Simple meal but nice to see the appreciation in their eyes as they asked for seconds.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
It is a Pennsylvania Dutch tradition to have Pork and Sauerkraut on New Years for good luck. I have Pork/HotDogs/Sauerkraut in the oven for my family. I don't actually eat Pork or Hot Dogs, though.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I put some kale and a ham hock in the slow cooker this morning. I'll make some cornbread in a bit to go with it.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yesterday I tried out a recipe from a cook book I've gotten as a Christmas present.
Veal stewed in raspberry beer with chicory and sour cherries (yes, I live in Belgium - special beer AND chicory!). It's resting now in the cool storage place and will be eaten tonight. I'm curious how it would taste. It smells delicious...

rav3n

Did a quick stirfry with paper thin sliced pork marinated in sherry, dark soy and corn starch, straw mushrooms, baby corn, egg strips, green onions, light soy and sesame oil. It turned out not too bad.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Seafood Enchiladas with all the leftover crab, shrimp, scallops and lobster. I could have eaten the entire pan by myself. So good.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Not today, but for New Year's Day, I roasted a big ball of greasy, fatty, oozing lard. Supposedly it had one of these inside it somewhere:

goose.jpg

I couldn't find it however. I think I'm going to have to go back and ask for a refund, or maybe turn the considerable remnants, which I saved as evidence of the virtual non-presence of poultry, into candles or something instead... :dry:

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Garlic cheese grits. I seem to be turning into Paula Deen.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
barbecue chicken pizza with green chilis... and onions on the half that wasn't mine :cheese:

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Beaten and forced into making baked ziti tonight.

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
i opened a tub of strawberry yoghurt - then artfully stuck a spoon in it.

pictorial re-enactment

20090428-skyr-spoon.jpg

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^Cannibal!

That yogurt looks yummy, though. Not that runny, sugared-down crap we have here in the States.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Couldn't stand it anymore...broke down and made some chocolate chip cookies. Hey--it's for medicinal purposes only!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Couldn't stand it anymore...broke down and made some chocolate chip cookies. Hey--it's for medicinal purposes only!

Sometimes you just gotta. I made Rice Krispie treats tonight, and ate 3 fairly large ones. So much for not eating so much junk! But they were delicious, so I didn't feel too bad.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Tried out another stew. Rabbit with celery, spinach and green herbs. Made yesterday, will be eaten tonight. The veal-chicory-sour cherries stew was really good... (yes, that present was a cook book about stews)

Edit: also very good.

Last edited:

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
There's a pie with apples and cream cheese filling in the oven right now :D

Greta

MBTI Type
INTe
^Cannibal!

That yogurt looks yummy, though. Not that runny, sugared-down crap we have here in the States.

I know how popular a spectator-sport US bashing is, but I have to say I can get thick, non-sugared-down yogurt right here in my neighborhood. It is hardly scarce and [shHH] I'm in the States.

Today I baked my garlic-thyme trout again. I'm in gustatory heaven as I type.