• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I took a tomato and basil sauce.. added some garlic and sour cream. Took spinach, red and green peepers,mushrooms, and sauteed them in white wine and butter Then added the sauce, heated it.. I then poured half the sauce into the bottom a pasta boat dish, put a Pre-cooked breaded chicken breast on top of the sauce, added the rest of the sauce on top of the chicken, covered The chicken breast with fried Canadian back bacon, sliced Swiss cheese and baked it in the oven until the cheese was golden brown.

It was lovely.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Just some chicken flavored ramen boiled down to nothing but noodles with poached eggs and about 1/3 of an onion sauteed and mixed in, topped with black pepper...but one of my roommates said, "In jail, we call that a spread!" :laugh:

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yesterday I made colcannon for the first time. Mmmmmm!

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Tonight I'll be baking snickerdoodles, pumpkin cranberry cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and sugar cookies. :D

I'll have to come up with a quick dinner before that too... If I had ground turkey I'd do a meatloaf...but I don't think I have any. :doh:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
There's more but this is all I have a pic of so far. I'm off work till the 3rd of January so every day seems to be a cooking marathon.

christcookies0011.jpg

Jack

Permabanned
MBTI Type
EXTJ
Enneagram
I don't know how to pronounce or spell it but it was awesome - it was a sort of vegetarian dish, lots of lentils and squash and peas and "keen-wah" which I never spell right. It was good stuff.

I also helped with holiday cookies :)

rav3n

My upside-down (to keep the breast meat moist) 20 lb. baby birdie fresh out of the oven. Ham's still baking. :)

attachment.php

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Question .. I have brought a pack of cranberries but i've found out they have seeds in the centre .. I want to make some cranberry and orange muffins .. Do i keep the seeds in and do they need to be cooked beforehand or something?

First attempt at cooking with them and i'm stuck as to what to do.

Thanks.

rav3n

If you're using fresh cranberries, they just need to be washed and drip dried so the amount of water on the outside, doesn't affect the recipe. No precooking or de-seeding is necessary.

If you're using dried, I'd soak them until soft, then gently squeeze out some the excess moisture.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Happy Cookies! :D They're chocolate chip.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Made awesome crawfish pies last night, and gumbo for Christmas dinner today. Yay, Louisiana food!

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I made a soup today..

I took minced garlic and copped onion and cooked them olive oil until liquefied. I added honey, mustard,rosemary, savory, ginger, a dash of nutmeg and a dash of cinnamon and black pepper. I added water and cooked to reduce .. once I started to have a nice paste I threw in cubed chicken, diced red pepper. spinach, broccoli, mushrooms and cubed potato and and cooked a little longer.. Then I added about a liter of milk , about a cup of 35% cream and more water and set to boil.. once boiling I added soup base.. 2\3 veggi base and 1\3 chicken base and a little corn starch roux to thicken it.

I called it Creamy Country Chicken.. It's a hit.. When you start hearing orders for "soup to go".. you know you done well :)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Bought my niece and nephew the cupcake maker they'd been jonesing for, and then decided I wanted one myself! So far, I've made muffins, brownies, pecan tarts and bacon/spinach quiche!

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Soup here too. Yesterday I cooked 3 onions, 3,5 broccolis (one of the broccolis was only half good) and 3 courgettes into a soup for 12 persons. Today I'm going to bring it across the country to my family-in-law(*). There I only need to heat it and add a finishing touch: some garlic and herbs cheese, a few pieces of smoked salmon in the dishes and a leaf of basilicum.

(*) = my husband's parents, their children and grandchildren. The oldest daughter organises the event and the others cook each a dish. This year I've got the starter :)