• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's a cold night so I made black bean soup with a scoop of white rice in the middle. I also added some andouille sausage to the soup. It was a little more bland than I like...I forgot to buy a jalapeno pepper so I used dried jalapenos instead...not strong enough. Repaired with hot sauce. Hard apple cider to drink. I also made some dark chocolate chip sour cream muffins for breakfast...I'm too lazy to get up and cook in the morning, kwim?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
...I have never heard of such a concoction but it sounds delicious. You should mail me a piece.

i can link you the recipe, its so easy. and gets better the longer it sits. it says to serve warm, but i prefer it cold. http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/pumpkin-crisp/Detail.aspx
yay stumble for finding me an awesome recipe

also made beef stroganoff for the first time in my life last nightView attachment 5253

sorry about the lighting you probably can't see how good it looks but it's delicious i have leftoversView attachment 5254
and here's a pic of the leftovers sorry it looked alot more appetizing in good light while it was on the stove still

F

figsfiggyfigs

EGG DROP SOUP

Thanks for the idea Prpl<333

I also put a BUNCH of veggies in it though, even though it wasn't part of the recipe. What can I say, I love greens.

dsc01694ug.jpg

rav3n

Eating this as I'm posting. Not the greatest pic but it's sweet and sour sauteed prawns with stir-fried baby bak choy and jasmine rice.

Sweetandsourprawns-babybakchoyandjasminerice.jpg

bronson

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
A freakin delicious Lemon Meringue Pie!! After a BBQ on a Spring Evening... yummm

O

Oberon

On Friday my dad showed up at the house with four bushels of apples from an orchard not far from his house (Yay Dad!) so with an afternoon to myself at the house yesterday, I got my five-year-old in the kitchen with me and we made two apple pies.

120076_f520.jpg

One was made with York apples and a savory crust, the other was made with Golden Delicious apples and a sweet crust. Both turned out quite delicious, but I think the York pie had a slight edge.

Younger Daughter was great fun in the kitchen. She turned the crank on the apple peeler/slicer/corer, mixed sugar and seasonings into the apple slices, and packed the apples into the pie pans for me. She wanted to help roll dough for the crust and I did let her help a little, but working with a good short pie crust dough can be tricky so I mostly did that by myself.

The elder two children and Mrs. Oberon were quite happy when they got home at dinner time.

capslock

MBTI Type
INFP
Bolognese.
bild13.png

Also, baking in the oven is an entire rack of ribs.
Pics when they're done.:cheese:

Edit: Rack of ribs...hopefully it'll taste better than it looks.
I put it back in the oven to bake some more but hea is the pic anyway.
bild1.png

:cheese:

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Italian Salami Pasta:

My own creation from ingredients lying around the kitchen. It has a "Classico Italian Sausage" tomato sauce base (the bottled/premade kind), with cubed pan seared Toscano salami (dry cured salami), fresh sauteed mushrooms, blue cheese (of course!), and whole grain rotini pasta.

***EDIT*** Damn it's delicious! The combination of flavors... it reminds me of pizza somehow, though arguably better than any pizza I've ever tasted. I should patent this shit :p.

leftovers-
IMGP0862.jpg

Last edited:

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Honey roasted almonds! I freakin love HR almonds, but they're expensive. This is definitely a cheaper way to get them, and just as good.

IMGP0868.jpg

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
77179_681194014876_30510495_36537148_2094369_n.jpg

baked my first cake! It was a pineapple upside down cake...sans pineapple. We used canned/fruit cocktail instead because that's what we had and it turned out delicious.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Looks good! Pineapple upsidedown cake is my favorite thing to make. I once tried it with peaches instead of pineapple... It was good, but it was almost TOO sweet. I think you really need the more acidic fruit for it.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
yeah, definitely. the fruit cocktail included pineapple chunks, pears, some peaches and grapes, and we added in some cherries too, so it was a bit sweet but had some acidity to even it out. normally I'm not much for sweets but this turned out good enough for me to eat my entire slice :)

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
PRPL! The Pumpkin Crisp is in the oven. Will have pictures in about 30 minutes. =D

Edit: I tried to make the top a little more crumbly like an Apple Crisp.
124439.jpg

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I am so frickin proud of me .. Today i make Yorkshire puddings which actually rose and gorgeous roast potatoes.
SDC11580.jpg

And then Banana cake and Cherry scones .. messed the cake up by removing it from the tin too soon as i could smell burning but for a first attempt at scones .. Yayyyy me.
SDC11588.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
last night I made steak and creamed spinach with goat cheese in it and vegetable medley and had a bottle of pinot noir it was so good. tonight I'm making pepper jack stuffed burgers, sweet potato fries, and a salad

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm pretty bad at folding omelettes, but today I decided i was going to conquer my short coming, and made a taco omlette, the insides are left over taco meat, red onion, tomato, taco sauce and cheese. I Then topped it with guacamole and sour cream. I think it turned out alright View attachment 5379

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I found an excellent chocolate glaze recipe. I made a cake, although it was a mix and after tasting it found it not to live up to expectations, I could make a better one from scratch. I think I need to make a chocolate cake batter, than about 1/4-1/2 a recipe of fudge brownies with chocolate chips, put the cake batter in the pan and swirl in the brownie batter.

I feel like I'm spamming this thread, should I just start a food blog?