• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
:laugh: I gave the neighbor girls some pasta salad last week. They just told me they'll pay me to make them a big tupperware container of it. (These girls can't cook for shit). Looks like I'm making some pasta salad tonight.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
:laugh: I gave the neighbor girls some pasta salad last week. They just told me they'll pay me to make them a big tupperware container of it. (These girls can't cook for shit). Looks like I'm making some pasta salad tonight.

Can I have some?

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Chedder Baked Chicken (the rice crispy cereal makes gives it a nice crunch!)

2425.jpg

Got the recipe here (I revised it a bit and made chicken tenders):

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/cheddar-baked-chicken/Detail.aspx

I also made some red skin mashed potatoes n gravy for the first time...OH SO GOOD!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I want to make these sometime this week.

Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffin

RecipeImage.ashx

ingredients
FILLING
Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 large egg
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel

MUFFINS
1 (14 oz.) package Pillsbury® Pumpkin Quick Bread
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
1 large egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup chopped pecans
Preparation Directions
1. HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
2. BEAT cream cheese in medium bowl with electric mixer until soft. Add egg, sugar and lemon peel. Beat until smooth.
3. PLACE pumpkin bread mix into large bowl. Remove 3/4 cup dry mix and set aside in small bowl to make topping. Add milk, oil and egg to remaining bread mix in large bowl. Stir 50 strokes or until blended.
4. FILL each muffin cup with about 1/4 cup batter. Make indentation in batter with small measuring spoon sprayed with no-stick cooking spray. Put 1 heaping tablespoon cream cheese mixture in center of each muffin.
5. ADD melted butter to reserved dry mix. Stir with fork until crumbly. Add pecans. Crumble about 1 tablespoon over each muffin.
6. BAKE 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove muffins from pan. Place on baking rack to finish cooling.

Last edited:

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
That sounds interesting Tigerlily. Think you could link us to the recipe? My curiosity has been piqued.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am hooked on this breakfast:

1 slice of Ezekiel bread, well-toasted, with almond butter, sesame seeds, and apple slices on top. If you have a big apple and cut it across the middle so the star shows, you only need one slice and it's neater.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
That sounds interesting Tigerlily. Think you could link us to the recipe? My curiosity has been piqued.
I did. is the link not working?

Tily, I LOVE Ezekiel Bread! I spread laughing cow cheese on a slice with a fried egg and :drool:!

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I got a hold of some very special sweet potatos from an asian market over the weekend, so its been a sweet potato marathon for the last couple of days. I've been looking to try a purple sweet potato for YEARS, and I tracked down one place in the whole city where they're sold, and it happened to be an asian market my parents used to go to when I was little. Needless to say, my stomach was very excited ;) .

Sunday night: grilled pork chops with baked Yakiimo/korean sweet potatoes and purple Okinawa sweet potatoes. Monday night was lamb shoulder chops cooked with white wine, plus jasmine rice and baked sweet potatoes. Tonight, I did a slow cooked pork shoulder with jasmine rice and candied yams using the Okinawa sweet potatoes.

My entire experience with those purple ones has left much to be desired. They're just too dry and mealy, either way i cooked them, for all 4 of the ones I bought. Plus, the fact that they are purple makes them quite... uncouth to cook with, imo. They're a great novelty food item, but I can't say I like them much. The Yakiimo ones, otoh, were absolutely delicious! Super sweet, and with a wonderful moist creamy texture. They're deep maroon on the outside and yellow inside. Not watery like some of the typical orange varieties can be, and not dry either. They're as sweet, if not more sweet, as most orange varieties, but I really do like the texture more when it comes to baking them whole. They pack a great flavor punch and need no seasoning or sugar at all. I'll be buying as many as I can next time I make it down to that market.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I want to make these sometime this week.

Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffin

RecipeImage.ashx

ingredients
FILLING
Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 large egg
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel

MUFFINS
1 (14 oz.) package Pillsbury® Pumpkin Quick Bread
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
1 large egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup chopped pecans
Preparation Directions
1. HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
2. BEAT cream cheese in medium bowl with electric mixer until soft. Add egg, sugar and lemon peel. Beat until smooth.
3. PLACE pumpkin bread mix into large bowl. Remove 3/4 cup dry mix and set aside in small bowl to make topping. Add milk, oil and egg to remaining bread mix in large bowl. Stir 50 strokes or until blended.
4. FILL each muffin cup with about 1/4 cup batter. Make indentation in batter with small measuring spoon sprayed with no-stick cooking spray. Put 1 heaping tablespoon cream cheese mixture in center of each muffin.
5. ADD melted butter to reserved dry mix. Stir with fork until crumbly. Add pecans. Crumble about 1 tablespoon over each muffin.
6. BAKE 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove muffins from pan. Place on baking rack to finish cooling.
I want to make these so bad now, I love pumpkin and cheesecake things, so I know i'd love these.

rav3n

Weird fusion night. Stir-fried kobayashi squash with black bean and garlic. Teriyaki grilled chicken breast and a toasted organic many, many grain roll. Stuffed.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I change my mind. I got a new batch of purple sweet potatoes today and these actually tasted pretty good! Used the candied yams method again, except I pre-boiled them this time. I think the ones i got the first time were definitely bad, as they had a much stronger (not so pleasant) odor. I also think boiling them is rather necessary. They're very sweet, but i can't say I prefer the flavor to the regular or asian yellow sweet potatoes. There's a slight hint of a grape/blueberry flavor (that I presume comes from the pigment), and it just feels odd coming from a... potato.

IMGP0694.jpg

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Risen, is that lamb or pork there?

I'm making lamb chops with garlic oil and Greek salad. That feta better be good after all that money I spent.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My oven is dirty. I got as far as spraying Easy Off inside it, and then shut the door and forgot about it. I did use the microwave to soften my ice cream tonight, though -- does that count as baking?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
so last night i really wanted a cream sauce, so i combined butter, half and half, and herbed feta and it ended up being not half bad. considering that was the reasources i had for a cream sauce

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
everything looks so good. i have zero patience for cooking.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yesterday :) Greek Shrimp with Feta

From scratch of course. Except the bread isn't my own, I should have baked some ahead.​
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited: