• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
It turned out decently, but someone was telling me that you kind of need the acidity of the pineapple to balance the sweetness of the brown sugar... Which pretty much means... Sweet peaches + sweet cake = Holy fuck sweet as hell.

picture.php

picture.php

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
Looks good Patches! wish I could get a slice of that!!!

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pancetta with goat cheese, honey, figs, and thyme.

I made some pasta with roasted red and yellow bell peppers in a dressing of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and raw, minced garlic. I had to make yet another load of gluten-free bread as well!

Sour cream coffee cake (gluten free, too).

I'm debating making pernil later this week with yellow rice, tostones, and tomato and red onion salad. I could use that fatty skin to chew on and take out some of my aggressiveness! I might do it if sufficiently bribed to undertake such a laborious task.

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
In cast-iron frying pan:

Four large locally grown bell peppers that were part green and part red, sliced into large bites. Cook, set aside in covered casserole dish.

Cook four fresh hot Italian sausage patties, crumbled,
then add a 20-oz. can of pineapple tidbits, drained.

Mix all in casserole dish.
Eat warm.
Eat cold later.
Great!

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
In cast-iron frying pan:

Four large locally grown bell peppers that were part green and part red, sliced into large bites. Cook, set aside in covered casserole dish.

Cook four fresh hot Italian sausage patties, crumbled,
then add a 20-oz. can of pineapple tidbits, drained.

Mix all in casserole dish.
Eat warm.
Eat cold later.
Great!

Interesting. I've done Italian sausage, green peppers, and onions before... but I never thought of pineapple as an addition. Intrigued......

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Last week, roast leg of lamb. Today, lemon fish and white wine sauteed chard for lunch, chard and slow roasted pork shoulder for dinner.

IMGP0633.jpg

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not going to take a picture but I'm making a kick-ass lasagna at the moment. FOr the first time ever. Yeeeahh.

Here's the recipe I found (my sizeable changes in red)

Ingredients

* 1 pound sweet Italian sausage (used mild instead)
* 3/4 pound lean ground beef (more like 1.5 lb)
* 1/2 cup minced onion (chopped in strips because I'm lazy)
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed (3 minced)
* 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (2 cans)
* 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste (oops....forgot)
* 2 (6.5 ounce) cans canned tomato sauce (used 1 can)
* 1/2 cup water (omitted - why water and tomato paste? weird)
* 2 tablespoons white sugar (omitted - enough sugar in canned sauce already)
* 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves (used fresh instead - about 1 loose cup)
* 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds (omitted - gross)
* 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (used a bunch of thyme and oregano instead)
* 1 tablespoon salt (omitted - enough in canned sauce)
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (omitted - meh)
* 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (used dried instead because I'm cheap)
* 12 lasagna noodles
* 16 ounces ricotta cheese (used cottage cheese because the damn store was out of ricotta....grrr)
* 1 egg
* 1/2 teaspoon salt (still not adding more salt :p)
* 3/4 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced (used grated marble since I had that, not sure how much but surely not 3/4 lb!)
* 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Added: cinnamon and 1 can of mushrooms to sauce, some bite-size spinach to cheese (about 2 cups)

Directions

1. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. (I only simmered while I made the cheese mixture - about 30 min)
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water. (Instead of boiling I put noodles in a dish of hot water for about 10 min) In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
4. To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Baked for about 35 mins with foil since I didn't boil the noodles. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving. only cooled for about 5 mins since I'm impatient

Looks and smells FANTASTIC. Can't wait til it's done.

edit: this was the BEST lasagna I've ever had, and I love lasagna, I was trying to avoid stuffing myself past the point of hunger but not succeeding very well, then I just tried to not explode my stomach. Speaking of the fat thread.... :laugh:

It was fairly pricy overall (mostly because I had to get hamburger not on sale at the last minute and it was 5$ :steam:), maybe 15$ or possibly 20 for everything but it lasted for 3 lunches for me as well as 2 big dinners for me and my bf, all of which delicious, semi-balanced (though very fatty of course) and filling. Epic success!

The only thing I'd change would be adding a bit more spinach since you couldn't really taste it (I was afraid of it overpowering). Otherwise, fantastic, fantastic. I don't even think I'd bother adding the tomato paste next time, the texture was exactly how I like it - quite firm but not chewy.

I'm really tempted to get more cottage cheese and do it again before my spinach goes bad soon!

Last edited:

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
45438_657443940216_30510495_36036796_5945211_n.jpg

threw some avocado in it this time...it was a little too ripe but still good and the rolling is getting easier every time. maybe next time i'll get adventurous and throw in a 3rd ingredient :devil:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I baked salmon with olive oil and FRESH DILL, then steamed a large carrot, and a whole potato with the skin on ... put some fresh Italian parsley on the side, drizzled it all with fresh lemon juice and put a bit of salt and pepper on the veggies ... soooo good!!! I can get fresh herbs hella cheap at my new job and I'm already lovin' it. :D

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Moroccan chicken and rice.

Chocolate chip cookies...I am a serious cookie monster. They make me so happy ( and my behind so big).

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Black bean soup w/ linguica (I like it better than chorizo) and rice. Cornbread flavored with cinnamon, chili powder, and green chilies.

Made sour cream chocolate chip muffins for breakfast.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Today I managed to back The World's Ugliest Pie.

Peaches, Apples, Blackberries, and Pineapple....... I didn't have enough apples, so I put in other fruits. LOL

44375_489589435277_736615277_6853237_5809691_n.jpg

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Today I managed to back The World's Ugliest Pie.

Peaches, Apples, Blackberries, and Pineapple....... I didn't have enough apples, so I put in other fruits. LOL

44375_489589435277_736615277_6853237_5809691_n.jpg

That looks delicious to me! Put some vanilla ice cream on a slice of that, and it should be heaven :D .