• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^yummm sounds so good, im hungry :(. im going to cook up some rice and and a hotlink...borrring!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Good ole veggie spaghetti and noodles with olive-herb-glazed toast.

Then I went to the game room and ate awesome asian food.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Brown rice, spaghetti sauce, green onions, and steamed carrots. Balanced out well with all the Wendy's and doughnuts yesterday.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yesterday I made crusty bread, marinated mushrooms, and caprese salad :)

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm on sick leave--I haven't cooked anything today.

That's a super big deal.

I made kung pao chicken last night with schezuan peppers.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I just made a very yummy omelet filled with spicy chicken sausage and artichoke hearts and topped with pepper jack cheese. Yum!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I put a brisket on the coals today.. it'll simmer and smoke for about the next 6-8 hours.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Last night: Alabama BBQ Chicken w/ baked beans.
Tonight: Spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic cheddar biscuits.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
raw just-like-cheesecake

medjoul dates
raw cashews
dried figs
white raisins
coconut oil
lemons

mmmmm. vita-mix you are the bee's knees.

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
Banana pancakes, sausage, and a cheese and tomato omelet

infjwatching

Today I made Spanish rice, never made it before it was so easy and so yummy!

Tonight I just finished making bread dough and now waiting for it to raise.

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
on the weekend i made bloody mary lamb for some dinner guests. it's a delightful winter meal that i pinched from a cooking show. guests seems to enjoy the novelty of having a whole bottle of vodka in their dinner. it's okay to use rubbishy cheap vodka that you wouldn't drink.

here's a recipe (it's in metric - get on board already). make sure your oven is down low or the vodka could explode. serves 6.

u need
1 shoulder of lamb
olive oil
2 leeks sliced thinly
4 carrots and 4 celery sticks chopped
8 cloves garlic chopped
680g bottle tomato puree
3 bay leaves
a few sprigs of thyme and rosemary
750ml bottle of vodka
dash of worcestershire sauce
dash of tabasco, to taste
1 tin cannellini beans
800g pasta (big shells or big rigatoni. you want ballsy pasta - not spaghetti)
parsley for garnish
shaved parmesan (optional)

what to do
- put a splash of olive oil in a big pot and lightly brown the lamb. add sliced veg and garlic. lightly brown vegies and lamb.
- add herbs, bay leaves and pour over tomato, liquid and vodka (cover with lid)
- bake in oven 140C for about 4 hrs adding the beans in the last ½ hr of baking.
- remove lamb from sauce and tear meat off bone with some forks (should be super tender) put torn lamb back into sauce; discard any icky fatty bits.
- serve on pasta with sprinkle of fresh parsley and some parmesan if you're into that. also works served with others carby things like mashed potatoes or crusty bread.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Me just randomly cooking.
While this isn't exactly like my award winning baked beans goulash.
I'll call it Chicken and Vegetable Chutney Soup.

5 slices of chicken breast
1 tomato
1 onion
1 carrot
5 celery leafs and sticks
2 silverbeet leafs and sticks
5 cauliflower pieces
5 wombok leafs (like cabbage)
And a can of lentils.

A professional who used to do double blind taste tests with my brother when we mixed all kinds of crap and dared to drink eet! Much better just boil everything and hope for the best and add rice. Luckily it gets lost in the whole aroma since I used ingredients that cover that silverbeet and celery taste. My stomach is okay with this, leaves the rest for tomorrow.

Edit: Actually it was so rather good and had seconds and either I am starved or something but I didn't leave it for tomorrow as I thought I would, very nice.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
My brain, oooooooh what!?

hahah do I know how to cook or what, but seriously I've done many a chicken and vegetable soup, salads, main course, appetizers and and the like and more and people say how good what I make tastes, but seriously I tend to know what I'm doing, I did cooking classes before. I'm making an extended version of that now with other stuff. the celery, onions and silverbeet are especially a good choice in the end, but yeah on a limited budget I make do with what I have. hah plus I'm mucking around a bit for amusement value.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
pizza, with the crust brushed with garlic olive oil and topped with thinly sliced tomatoes and chiffonaded basil and fresh mozzarella :cheese: