• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I poured some olive oil in a pan and put in red, yellow, orange and green pepper strips, a half teaspoon of garlic, and generous sprinklings of thyme ... removed them from the pan when they were done, and put in 3 beaten eggs, then put peppers back on top, and sprinkled cheese over them, plus salt and pepper, then folded them into a yummy omelet, which I had with a salad of assorted baby lettuces with lemon and chive dressing, crunchy sea salt, and coarsely ground pepper.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Myself.

arnold_smoking-pot.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I poured some olive oil in a pan and put in red, yellow, orange and green pepper strips, a half teaspoon of garlic, and generous sprinklings of thyme ... removed them from the pan when they were done, and put in 3 beaten eggs, then put peppers back on top, and sprinkled cheese over them, plus salt and pepper, then folded them into a yummy omelet, which I had with a salad of assorted baby lettuces with lemon and chive dressing, crunchy sea salt, and coarsely ground pepper.

I hate bell pepper but everything else sounds good. I might do this with zuchinni at some point instead of the pepper

infjwatching

You'll never buy bread from the store again.

Recipe: No-Knead Bread

Published: November 8, 2006

Adapted from Jim Lahey, Sullivan Street Bakery
Time: About 1½ hours plus 14 to 20 hours’ rising

The Minimalist: The Secret of Great Bread: Let Time Do the Work (November 8, 2006)

3 cups all-purpose or bread flour, more for dusting
¼ teaspoon instant yeast
1¼ teaspoons salt
Cornmeal or wheat bran as needed.

1. In a large bowl combine flour, yeast and salt. Add 1 5/8 cups water, and stir until blended; dough will be shaggy and sticky. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough rest at least 12 hours, preferably about 18, at warm room temperature, about 70 degrees.

2. Dough is ready when its surface is dotted with bubbles. Lightly flour a work surface and place dough on it; sprinkle it with a little more flour and fold it over on itself once or twice. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rest about 15 minutes.

3. Using just enough flour to keep dough from sticking to work surface or to your fingers, gently and quickly shape dough into a ball. Generously coat a cotton towel (not terry cloth) with flour, wheat bran or cornmeal; put dough seam side down on towel and dust with more flour, bran or cornmeal. Cover with another cotton towel and let rise for about 2 hours. When it is ready, dough will be more than double in size and will not readily spring back when poked with a finger.

4. At least a half-hour before dough is ready, heat oven to 450 degrees. Put a 6- to 8-quart heavy covered pot (cast iron, enamel, Pyrex or ceramic) in oven as it heats. When dough is ready, carefully remove pot from oven. Slide your hand under towel and turn dough over into pot, seam side up; it may look like a mess, but that is O.K. Shake pan once or twice if dough is unevenly distributed; it will straighten out as it bakes. Cover with lid and bake 30 minutes, then remove lid and bake another 15 to 30 minutes, until loaf is beautifully browned. Cool on a rack.

Yield: One 1½-pound loaf.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Grilled pork steaks, roasted garlic potatoes, and broccoli with lemon butter.
An easy dinner for a very tired woman. I was even too lazy to pick out a bottle of wine to go with this tonight---okay--I'm sick. Can I get some 'feel better' food suggestions? :)

infjwatching

Grilled pork steaks, roasted garlic potatoes, and broccoli with lemon butter.
An easy dinner for a very tired woman. I was even too lazy to pick out a bottle of wine to go with this tonight---okay--I'm sick. Can I get some 'feel better' food suggestions? :)

Sounds super yummy.

Steak nachos with the works for dinner.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A fluffy egg, hashbrown, & chedder scramble...topped with tobasco, with a side of toast with strawberry jam, and strawberry milk :) Gotta love breakfast.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
grilled jerk chicken, red beans and rice and corn for the man, salad for me... and sliced up a cantaloupe :drool:

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Chicken pad thai because I found TAMARIND PASTE!

Served with a glass of Gewurztraminer (Fetzer).

Who said gluten free is a sad thing? Okay--I was disappointed that the store also had several brands of the excellent Lee Kum Kee and I couldn't get any because they all had wheat in them. :cry: