• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

infjwatching

mustard potato salad

done_potato_salad.jpg

Don't listen to them, it looks like potato salad, yum I say!

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
river_cottage_autumn_recipe_ahero_03.jpg

I made these, Chinese style pig trotters recipe (like sweet and sour pork), but with pork shoulder instead. Very good flavor, and my first time making anything remotely related to Chinese cuisine.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I made these, Chinese style pig trotters recipe (like sweet and sour pork), but with pork shoulder instead. Very good flavor, and my first time making anything remotely related to Chinese cuisine.

That looks way better than pigs feet--looks absolutely delicious.

Why didn't you do the feet?
Can't blame you, though--as I child I had to watch in horror as people I knew at pickled pigs feet.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Raisin muffins.

I couldn´t stand opening the fridge for three days and see that bag of raisins sleeping there, so I took it to my best friend´s house and prepared these recipe for our coffee.

exps17117_TMR1145895D11.jpg

The pic is from Google Image search.

infjwatching

Baking Powder Biscuits
(from a 1933 Recipe)

Ingredients:

2 cups sifted flour
2 tsp. baking powder
4 tablespoons butter (ice cold cut up into little squares.)
1/2 tsp. salt
about 3/4 cup milk (ice cold)

Sift Flour once, measure, add baking powder and salt, and sift again. Put in food processor and pulse a few times. Put the butter in the food processor and pulse until it looks kind of like sand maybe 10-15 pulses. Add the milk gradually pulsing again a few times until it forms soft dough. Turn out on slightly floured board and lightly "knead" for 30 seconds, enough to shape. Roll 1/2 inch thick and cut with 2 inch floured biscuit cutter. (The biscuits should touch in the pan or for some reason they aren't as moist I think it's the steam they create when baking.) Bake on ungreased sheet in a 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. Makes 12 biscuits. You can also make tiny tea biscuits that are only 1 1/2 inches wide with a small cutter or glass bottom. These are great served with tea, jam or honey. Makes 24.

Last edited:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i made a faux mocha

i took black coffee
added some sweeten condensed milk
then a few scoops of edy's chocolate fudge brownie frozen yogurt

mixed it together and i swear it tastes exactly like a mocha.

infjwatching

That does look very yummy, do you have a recipe to share?:yes:

infjwatching

Cheddar - topped shepherd's pie

Serves 8

* 2 pounds baking potatoes (about 4), peeled and thinly sliced
* Coarse salt and ground pepper
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, such as safflower
* 6 medium carrots, halved lengthwise, quartered if large, and thinly sliced
* 6 celery stalks, thinly sliced
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 6 ounce can of tomato paste
* 2 pounds ground beef chuck
* 1 cup whole milk
* 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar (6 ounces)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 450. Place potatoes in a large saucepan, and cover by 1 inch with salted water. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are easily pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot over medium-high. Add carrots, celery, onion, and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add flour and tomato paste; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add beef; cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes. Add 1 cup water; bring to a boil, and simmer 1 minute. Set beef filling aside.
3. Drain potatoes; return to pan. Cook over medium, stirring, until liquid has evaporated and a thin film covers bottom of pan, about 1 minute. Remove pan from heat; add milk and 1 cup cheese. Mash until smooth; season cheddar-potato topping with salt and pepper.
4. Pour beef filling into a 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Drop dollops of topping over filling; spread to edges with a spatula. Using a fork, make decorative peaks; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake until topping is browned and filling is bubbling rapidly, about 20 minutes (if topping and filling were chilled, increase to 35 minutes). Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Wow, some really yummy looking stuff!! The last thing I baked or cooked was banana bread for a family reunion last weekend. It was pretty good, but not as good as it usually is (I tried to make 2 loaves out of 2 bananas-- not enough banana). My husband has been awesome - over the last few weeks I have been busy with class and then recovering from a very intense class (ie having some down time), so he's been cooking (grilling) dinner almost every night. Super sweet of him! But one of these days I better start cooking some again, so as not to wear out his desire to cook!

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm attempting my first ever batch of pickles, with cucumbers and dill from my garden.

And I made banana muffins the other day; they were quite tasty.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Cream cheese and pesto stuffed chicken. OMG.

ElizaJane

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Getting ready to grill some filet... medium rare with horseradish on the side. Opening up a bottle of Coppola's Director's Cut 2007 cabernet. In heaven.

infjwatching

Dinner: Pan seared steak with pureed cauliflower.
Dessert: Fresh strawberries with fresh whipped cream

Hello my love, my dinner was good.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I made a cheesecake. :)