• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
Ris ret ! :D translated to Rice meal... Rice with meat!! YUM
5719642213024_1_280x280.jpg

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I'm surprised you didn't mention the nasty looking meatloaf (#43).
:cheese: (it tasted ok though)

Anyway, back on topic. More Hazelnuts:
:

Yea, the meatloaf did look REALLY bad. Do you get the hazelnuts for free or something? They're like the most expensive nut down here.

P

Phantonym

I'm surprised you didn't mention the nasty looking meatloaf (#43).
:cheese: (it tasted ok though)

:rofl1: Yeah, that's quite a sight to see as well. But the ice cream was simply...captivating.

Oh, I'm sure the taste was great. No offense. :hug: I look at the food I cook and then think about this thread and yeah...I shove my camera deeper into the drawer. :blush:

capslock

MBTI Type
INFP
:rofl1:

Risen›
Well, I have become somewhat addicted to hazelnuts it seems.
I bake them in the oven and let them cool. The smell, the taste...just amazing.

Sky is Blue›
Thanks for the laugh.:rofl1:
The ice cream was actually very tasty.:yes:

BRMC117›
You may take as many as you want.:cheese:

F

figsfiggyfigs

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/8646/bild2js.png
:yes:

so wait, do you bake those?? :drool:

Do you get the hazelnuts for free or something? They're like the most expensive nut down here.

LMAOOO !!! RIGHT?!?!?! :laugh:

BTW Capslock. I actually went and bought a small back of hazelnuts today cause I keep seeing the ones you posted and I completely craved them! XD

capslock

MBTI Type
INFP
^ looks nice and tasty!
And what wine is in that glass?

I'm cooking 1.2 kilograms (2.64lbs?) of sirloin, in the oven right now.
Pics when it's done. :cheese:

capslock

MBTI Type
INFP
^^ mmm Chianti, I sure could go for a glass right about now.

^ mmm pancakes, if only I were not on a LCHF streak.:cheese:

Well, killed my Sirloin, I'm sorry to say. Baked it at very low temp (125°C)
just to be safe, but live and learn I guess. Next time I'll try harder not to kill it.:yes:

Out of the oven and rested for 30 min:
bild3.png

Proof of the assassination (Bourdain would not have been proud):
bild4o.png

:(

infjwatching

^^ mmm Chianti, I sure could go for a glass right about now.

^ mmm pancakes, if only I were not on a LCHF streak.:cheese:

Well, killed my Sirloin, I'm sorry to say. Baked it at very low temp (125°C)
just to be safe, but live and learn I guess. Next time I'll try harder not to kill it.:yes:

Out of the oven and rested for 30 min:
bild3.png

Proof of the assassination (Bourdain would not have been proud):
bild4o.png

:(

I made homemade oatmeal cookies and homemade chicken cobbler (it’s like chicken pot pie but with homemade biscuits on top.)

Hi can I give you some cooking advice? First you need to buy a meat thermometer if you don’t already have one. Also if you want caramelization (a nice crust) on the outside, you will need to pat the meat dry with paper towels, (don’t use butter it will burn in the skillet) season liberally with salt and pepper before searing . Heat a large cast iron skillet with a little canola oil as hot as you can take the smoking and sear the meat on all sides. When searing the meat resist the urge to move the meat before it has formed a crust which takes about 1-2 minutes on each side (the meat will slide not grip the pan once it has formed a crust). Once the meat has seared, place the skillet in a 500 degrees F preheated oven to roast for about 18-20 minutes for rare and 20-22 minutes for medium-rare. But use the thermometer to make sure at around the 16 minute mark. Once at the meat is done remove the meat from the oven, cover it tightly with aluminum foil, and allow it to rest at room temperature for 20 minutes. Then slice and enjoy.

If you just want to roast your meat and not sear it first. Below is INA GARTEN recipe.

Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.

Place the beef on a baking sheet and pat the outside dry with a paper towel. Spread the butter on with your hands. Sprinkle evenly with the salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for exactly 22 minutes for rare and 25 minutes for medium-rare.

Remove the beef from the oven, cover it tightly with aluminum foil, and allow it to rest at room temperature for 20 minutes. Remove the strings and slice the filet thickly.

I hope that helps for next time. ;)

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP