• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
bacon jalapeno cheese bread

it's baking now and the house smells like bacon... kind of a form of torture since I have an hour left before it leaves the oven :sadbanana:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ha. why am I not surprised by this...
[MENTION=325]EffEmDoubleyou[/MENTION] has made every cookie recipe.

(Side note/question: where can you get matcha green tea powder in a container? I tried to find some at a Japanese grocery and the only way they sold it was in individual packets -- and pouring packet after packet of it into a half tablespoon measure was pretty annoying and inconvenient.)

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

(Side note/question: where can you get matcha green tea powder in a container? I tried to find some at a Japanese grocery and the only way they sold it was in individual packets -- and pouring packet after packet of it into a half tablespoon measure was pretty annoying and inconvenient.)

I would try Whole Foods. I'm pretty sure they have it with their bulk spices. :)

I made Snickerdoodle Blondies for a Psychology Department event. I've kind of become the official provider of baked goods for all psych department events/meetings. :laugh: They were really yummy, too! I will add a bit more cinnamon next time.

MBTI Type
INTJ

Possibly :p

I would love to know. I do the "pouring packet after packet" bit.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
I baked some kush and cooked some crystal. Damn, i think I'm so funny. It's sad really.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yesterday my roommate and I spontaneously made noodle soup for dinner, and it was REALLY good. The intent was to use a package of broccolini that was close to going bad.

Broth ingredients:
- 3-ish(?) cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 inch grated ginger
- A handful of chopped onion
- A drizzle of peanut oil
- Miso paste
- Red curry paste
- Water + a chicken bouillon cube or two (after the above ingredients have been sauteed a bit and the onions are softened -- 10 mins?)

Add-ins:
- 2 bundles of soba noodles, cooked til al dente
- A few handfuls of frozen corn, thawed
- Broccolini, with stems chopped off, cooked in peanut oil on the stove
- Two big handfuls of dried shiitake mushrooms, re-hydrated with the soba noodles while they were cooking
- Two soft-boiled eggs

Excellent comfort food. Next time I think I'll substitute granulated dashi for the chicken bouillon cubes.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I would try Whole Foods. I'm pretty sure they have it with their bulk spices. :)
I looked yesterday, and I'm sorry to say that I don't think my local Whole Foods branch has it in bulk :( They had it for a pretty obscene price -- $18 for 50 tea bags! -- but that was it. May have to try the Korean grocery this weekend or next weekend.

J'ACCUSE!

(Also, I want all your recipes -- do you have somewhere online where you store them? A Pinterest board, for example?)

I would love to know. I do the "pouring packet after packet" bit.
I'll keep you posted!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because I'm in Cali, when I make a burger, it ends up looking like this.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
One of my favorite recipes.

Baked Eggs with Spinach and Tomatoes - Budget Bytes

Made a smaller amount than suggested -- totally ignored the recipe quantities. Topped it with one of those double-yolked jumbo eggs and a parm/asiago blend, then split the resulting double-egg mix in two and put it on two smallish pieces of multigrain toast.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One of my favorite recipes.

Baked Eggs with Spinach and Tomatoes - Budget Bytes

Made a smaller amount than suggested -- totally ignored the recipe quantities. Topped it with one of those double-yolked jumbo eggs and a parm/asiago blend, then split the resulting double-egg mix in two and put it on two smallish pieces of multigrain toast.

Ooh, I like that site.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ooh, I like that site.
I find that sometimes her recipes are too bland, even with added sriracha. But it helps, in the case of the recipe I linked (and some others), when the ingredients used are naturally very flavorful, and all they need to shine is a little salt and pepper. Plus, the website's concept is great overall.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I baked my repressed emotions into a beautiful cake worthy of the world's demands for constant productivity, cheerfulness, and composure.

I don't know. In all seriousness, though, I can't bake or cook to save my life. I actually enjoy my lack of skill in this area; I'm always making my friends laugh with my cluelessness. :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
CEr2__bUEAA7rIW.jpg
I didn't get a good pic sorry but i made lamb chops, roasted potatoes, and broccoli which i put lemon juice and butter on. my mom made the bread and cucumber salad.

Doktorin Zylinder

ramen1.png

I made ramen for lunch, today. There's gyoza on the bottom of the bowl. It has shrimp, half-boiled egg, carrots, celery, snow peas, green beans, baby corn, red onion, garlic, and ginger in a soy and vegetable broth topped with Thai chili and scallions.

Is the picture too big?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
my mom gave me the recipe for pepper steak
beef (flank or skirt steak is good)
flour
bell peppers
onion
oil
beef broth
kitchen bouquet

slice beef as thin as possible
dredge in flour
heat a tiny bit of oil to bottom dutch oven
add meat cook until just brown
remove the meat, add more oil if needed, add the peppers and onions cook til just limp
add 1-2 cups of beef broth depending on the amount of meat and a tiny splash of kitchen bouquet
bring to a boil
cover and put in the oven and bake at 350 for 1 hour

Doktorin Zylinder

ribs1.png

I smoked some babyback ribs I rubbed down last night but I ran out of zigzags half way through. (That was a joke.):smile:

They take four hours to smoke but, oh, are they tasty.

redpilot

I'm planning to make an oreo cheesecake today. It'll be my first time...so let's see if it will be a success.. :)