• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This turned out GLORIOUS:

Tomato Cobbler Recipe | Martha Stewart
cobbler080-0711mld107357_l.jpg

My modifications:
- Used 1/3 grape tomatoes (needed to use them up) and 2/3 heirloom tomatoes from Trader Joe's
- Used half the recommended amount of cheese but substituted a stronger kind

Forgot the garlic, but it was still amazing.

gromit

likes this
Today I had pie for breakfast and lunch. And reheated some leftovers for dinner. Delicious.

That is the way to live.

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
WHAT?! I don't like cooked fruit :mellow:
(unless you count pumpkin pie. made one of those, too.)

You don't like apple and pear butters? Apple squash soups? Cooked apples on your waffles? warm blueberries on your cottage cheese in the morning?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
bacon popcorn with blue cheese (the actual cheese not the dressing)

diced 3 strips of bacon browned them took the bacon out added unpopped popcorn kernels while popping popcorn eat roughly half the bacon cuz its delicious, when done put the popcorn with the bacon add some salt and sprinkle on some blue cheese and toss. though i wish I hadn't eaten half the bacon

Beorn

Permabanned
I made this:

tm1316_pasta2.jpg.rend.sni18col.jpeg

Chicken with Wild Mushroom and Balsamic Cream Sauce Recipe : Rachael Ray : Food Network

Changes:
I only used cremini mushrooms
I substituted greek yogurt for heavy cream
I substituted onions for shallots
I substituted Italian seasoning for thyme
I added some goat cheese
I used a little extra balsamic vinegar
I skipped the fresh parsley

I probably could have gotten the sauce a little thicker, but it was really nice and umptuous with a bit of tang from the balsamic and sweetness from the onions.

Just saw it was a Rachel Ray recipe. I might not have used this recipe if I had noticed that beforehand. Good thing I didn't because I'm definitely going to make this again and keep tweaking it.

MBTI Type
INTJ
OMG those chocolate dipped ones. Are you willing to share the recipe?

Sure!

Christmas Cookie #2: Macadamia Brittle Cookies with Fleur de Sel | the sweet gourmand

I altered these a bit, though. Instead of shaping them like in the recipe, I used a 1.5" ice cream scoop (best thing ever for cookies, used it for all the others shown as well) worth of dough for each cookie, rolled it into a ball, and slightly flattened it on the cookie sheet with the bottom of a coffee cup dipped in flour. Because of the different shape, I adjusted the cooking time to 12 minutes and it worked fine. Also, instead of the white chocolate drizzle, I sprinkled little holly leaf & berry candy decorations. This is the first time I've made this particular cookie and I'm really happy with it.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Everything went wrong. Horribly, horribly wrong. :cry:

xfda35.jpg

(Edit: cropped and resized image so it's not as huge)

Attachments

• crying 5 ever.jpg
    crying 5 ever.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 88

Chthonic

Apple cheescake with cashew and raw honey base. My own recipe, I think I've perfected it because it looks and tastes freakin awesome this year. :wubbie:

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Apple cheescake with cashew and raw honey base. My own recipe, I think I've perfected it because it looks and tastes freakin awesome this year. :wubbie:

Could you maybe share this please?

In the interest of staying on topic, all I've done today is toast a slice of bread and spread peanut butter on it.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll have to quantify the recipe. I'm a terrible scientist, or cook, I just eyeball quantities and use taste as a guide.

I'm comfortable working with approximations ... I don't think I've ever done anything cup by cup or ounce by ounce ... so yeah.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
duck, first one i made came out phenomenal
1969174_10101016403496527_8509220204174504788_n.jpg
i had my mom cut off the heads and feet that's what they're for. plus she grew up on a farm. Also made green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie but those aren't as exciting as duck. Took forever had to braise it for 2 hours then chill it over night then roast it for a half hour but it was so worth it