User Tag List

Page 9 of 227 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

sammy

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    OMG it's Phil O'Nightmare, my favorite Scottish goth!

I may make that pasta tonight. I think I have everything here that I would need, except for the sauce.
    Haha, I love the Scots, so not bad

Did you ever get a chance to make this pasta or intend to still? I'm wondering if my directions/ingredients work for others as well as they did for myself. I'm trying a modification of the ingredients tonight with a ravioli instead of bowtie pasta.
    Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    That pasta sounds delicious! And there are just enough vegetables to make you think you're eating something healthy despite all the Alfredo sauce
    Thanks! *whispers* My parents have high blood pressure, so I have to make it even healthier :/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by philonightmare View Post
    Haha, I love the Scots, so not bad

Did you ever get a chance to make this pasta or intend to still? I'm wondering if my directions/ingredients work for others as well as they did for myself. I'm trying a modification of the ingredients tonight with a ravioli instead of bowtie pasta.

Thanks! *whispers* My parents have high blood pressure, so I have to make it even healthier :/
    I didn't end up making it yet, because I looked at the alfredo sauce at the store and it's way fatty. I didn't have enough Weight Watchers points left to do it that day. I did buy a jar though so I can make it sometime when I have plenty of points left. I'll let you know how it goes!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

sammy

I didn't end up making it yet, because I looked at the alfredo sauce at the store and it's way fatty. I didn't have enough Weight Watchers points left to do it that day. I did buy a jar though so I can make it sometime when I have plenty of points left. I'll let you know how it goes!
    Ah, don't worry, I won't be making it with that alfredo sauce for sometime either... I was lectured by my Mom on how unhealthy it was, so I need to figure out some kind of substitute for the fattyness of it but keeping it creamy and spicy. I noticed you like Indian food, I should ask my Mom for some Pakistani recipes to put up on here (trust me, the flavor in the food for the two countries is different!)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'll be your forever friend if you do!

sammy

I'll be your forever friend if you do!
    I'll let your stomach decide that for us hehe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

My stomach is an excellent judge of character.

I'm not at all surprised that the flavors are different btw- as I understand it, even Indian food varies from region to region. What we get in the States is specific to the Northern states. My sister's fiancee is from Tamil Nadu in the Southeast, and he tells me that the cuisine there is very different from the Indian food we're familiar with. I'm eager to try South Indian food, and any other kind of regional cuisine we can't get easily here.

sammy

My stomach is an excellent judge of character.

I'm not at all surprised that the flavors are different btw- as I understand it, even Indian food varies from region to region. What we get in the States is specific to the Northern states. My sister's fiancee is from Tamil Nadu in the Southeast, and he tells me that the cuisine there is very different from the Indian food we're familiar with. I'm eager to try South Indian food, and any other kind of regional cuisine we can't get easily here.
    I've noticed that my family's recipes resemble Arabic/Persian foods to some degree in texture and flavor, so there is some cross-hybridization of cultural influences in Pakistani food that you can't get with the typical Indian food offered in restaurants worldwide. Btw, the Arabic influence is something I've noted in a lot of my Pakistani friends' foods as well, not just in my family's. I'm going to start going on a tangent about the history of the Indus-River Valley, so I'll stop here

And yes, Tamil food from South India is distinctly different from other Indian food --especially from the Punjab region in the north. Sometimes, it's a simple matter of adding more of one spice than another, or the total omission of one. Food is fascinating!

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by philonightmare View Post
    Ah, don't worry, I won't be making it with that alfredo sauce for sometime either... I was lectured by my Mom on how unhealthy it was, so I need to figure out some kind of substitute for the fattyness of it but keeping it creamy and spicy. I noticed you like Indian food, I should ask my Mom for some Pakistani recipes to put up on here (trust me, the flavor in the food for the two countries is different!)
    It certainly is... and then British indian/pakistani is different again!

I'd go Indian for the tandoori, Pakistani for a vindaloo.. bangladeshi for fish, and a good british balti for sauce!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Supposedly in May when my sister gets married, her husband-to-be has asked his mother to make her famous fish biryani for dinner after the wedding (which will be only immediate family, so she won't be cooking for 200).

sammy

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    It certainly is... and then British indian/pakistani is different again!

I'd go Indian for the tandoori, Pakistani for a vindaloo.. bangladeshi for fish, and a good british balti for sauce!
    While I was in England, I made sure to try the Indian food... it was a heck of a lot better than the Indian food in America! I think the restaurant owners in this country could learn a thing or two from their cousins overseas.

Wait, I think it would be the other way around... Tandoori for Pakistanis and Vindaloo for Indians. Haha about Bangladeshi for fish, sorry, it's just that the stereotype really fits and my Bangladeshi friends would never refute it either even though it's taken as an insult by some.

What is this British Balti?