• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I made shrimp scampi and pasta last night. The only down side was having to use frozen shrimp instead of fresh. They don't have decent ones out here at all but it turned out quite nicely.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
taco dip (going to a potluck later)
2 8oz package cream cheese (softened)
1 1oz package taco seasoning
2 cup cottage cheese
shredded cheese,tomato,shredded lettuce,olives,ect (whatever seems good)

smash together the first three ingredients make pretty and level in a dish top with cheese,tomato,lettuce (whatever you want) it's also good with out anything on top. serve with tortilla chips

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Browned butter chocolate chip cookies. Trying to impress the guy I'm being set up with tonight. :D

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Browned butter chocolate chip cookies. Trying to impress the guy I'm being set up with tonight. :D

if you don't like him, you can go on a second date, and granted he likes your cookies, make a second batch and poison them. but only if he's truly horrible

Ukon

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Danish Crispbread. I made black bean salsa dip to go with it! I made it entirely out of organic/vegan ingredients and added a few extra things, so it's slightly different than the recipe. But the original recipe is just as good! You can find it here.

548892_584276078290872_471229583_n.jpg

gromit

likes this
No classes today... food-o-rama!

Cheesy brussels sprouts pie is in the oven. I'm getting so damn good at pie crust these days. Did a whole wheat, very simple, the only other ingredients are butter, salt, and water. Eat that with some lentils and mushrooms.

Going to make some muffins next, out of old brown bananas. Maybe use some ground almonds in the place of some of the flour for a little more nutrition and oomph. Prob freeze them for busy mornings.

Was going to whip up this most delicious broccoli slaw, but when I looked at my broccoli it was starting to turn a little yellow :( so I think I'll have to trim it and cook it up somehow instead...

gromit

likes this
Was going to whip up this most delicious broccoli slaw, but when I looked at my broccoli it was starting to turn a little yellow :( so I think I'll have to trim it and cook it up somehow instead...

Made fritters from te broccoli! First time cooking with gram flour (chickpea flour) and it is damn tasty. Some egg, parmesan, and a lil garlic for flavor.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've been roped into making a pie for pi day

so I plan to make an apple pie using granny smith apples, with apple crisp topping and caramel drizzled on top

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hummus, avocado, and goat cheese on toast.

Gonna make some ratatouille for dinner.

capslock

MBTI Type
INFP
Pulled beef…because it is so simple to make…suits me perfectly…it, seemingly, takes a long time,
but, basically, requires no effort :cheese:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
honey mustard chicken (I don't know if you can call this cooking though)
chicken breast
salt and pepper
honey mustard dressing
panko bread crumbs
butter

Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper
spoon honey mustard and rub each side of the breast
put bread crumbs in gallon size ziploc
place chicken in shake
put about 1.5 tbs in skillet over medium high heat
place chicken in pan cook flipping once for however long it takes to cook the chicken

eat

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
honey mustard chicken (I don't know if you can call this cooking though)
chicken breast
salt and pepper
honey mustard dressing
panko bread crumbs
butter

Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper
spoon honey mustard and rub each side of the breast
put bread crumbs in gallon size ziploc
place chicken in shake
put about 1.5 tbs in skillet over medium high heat
place chicken in pan cook flipping once for however long it takes to cook the chicken

eat

I make almost the same thing pretty often.

chicken breast
pepper
cajun chicken seasoning
worcestershire sauce
honey mustard dressing
panko bread crumbs

Rub pepper & seasoning into the chicken, put chicken in sealable container (tupperware/ziploc bag), cover with about 1/3 cup worcestershire sauce. Marinate in fridge overnight.

Preheat oven to 350. Take out chicken, dip in honey mustard dressing. Fill a covered bowl with panko crumbs, put each chicken breast in; shake well.
Place on a baking sheet or glass pan for 45min. Toss a small sweet potato beside it as well, saute some chopped kale on a skillet, and you've got dinner.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I make almost the same thing pretty often.

chicken breast
pepper
cajun chicken seasoning
worcestershire sauce
honey mustard dressing
panko bread crumbs

Rub pepper & seasoning into the chicken, put chicken in sealable container (tupperware/ziploc bag), cover with about 1/3 cup worcestershire sauce. Marinate in fridge overnight.

Preheat oven to 350. Take out chicken, dip in honey mustard dressing. Fill a covered bowl with panko crumbs, put each chicken breast in; shake well.
Place on a baking sheet or glass pan for 45min. Toss a small sweet potato beside it as well, saute some chopped kale on a skillet, and you've got dinner.

I'm gonna try that

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm gonna try that

the bake time for the potato takes a little longer sometimes. Usually I take the chicken out 45min-1hr later (depends on thickness of the cut). If the sweet potato is a bit fat (some are HUGE), it can be harder than I like. So I put foil over the chicken and leave it on top of the stove so it doesn't get cold, & jack up the oven to 475 for 15min, then the potatoes are done.

just an fyi.

(I feel grossly domestic discussing the steps.. *facepalm*)