User Tag List

Page 84 of 227 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast
Results 831 to 840 of 2265

Thread: What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

  1. #831
    Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    It would be okay for people who are doing the South Beach Diet, Phase 2, to eat.

    The first phase of South Beach is very low carb, but only lasts two weeks. After that, you can start phasing in things like brown rice and fruit and quinoa and stuff like that.
    I ask because I have recently switched to a diabetic diet, and my repertoire of low-carb recipes is not impressive. I need to find more.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

    ~

  2. #832
    Emerging Array Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I ask because I have recently switched to a diabetic diet, and my repertoire of low-carb recipes is not impressive. I need to find more.
    I found that recipe on this forum: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ -- and they have sections that deal with other low-carb type diets, as well as recipes. Maybe you can find some good ones there? The South Beach cookbooks are good, too.
    Something Witty

  3. #833

    Default

    The other day I made a pan of cornbread and I've been eating it topped with beans and peppers and onions, shredded cheddar cheese, and slices of avocado. Pretty simple but so so so tasty.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

  4. #834

    Default

    The cornbread recipe is special - has ground chickpeas mixed into the batter, a little more nutrition and doesn't use white flour.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

  5. #835
    Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I found that recipe on this forum: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ -- and they have sections that deal with other low-carb type diets, as well as recipes. Maybe you can find some good ones there? The South Beach cookbooks are good, too.
    A quick glance over that forum seems like it's the same problem I'm finding everywhere else. People seem obsessed with creating "low carb" versions of high carb foods. Recipes for "Low carb cookies", "Low carb desserts", "Low carb pizza". If I'm on a damn low carb diet, I don't need to be eating cookies, dessert, and pizza. They offer absolutely nothing of nutritional value to me, and even the "low carb" versions are still too high in carbs.

    At this point I'm eating nothing but eggs or chicken for every meal.

    I did find one link of value there: http://www.101cookbooks.com/low_carb_recipes/ Looks like this could be worthwhile.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

    ~

  6. #836
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,663

    Default

    an omlete with pepper jack, colby jack, cheddar, and sausage with guacamole on top
    by @magpie

  7. #837
    shadow boxer Array strawberries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ----
    Posts
    958

    Default

    i made a yoghurt orange cake with cream cheese icing for a friend's birthday.
    difficulty 5/10
    taste 7/10
    appearance 4/10
    friend's reaction 9/10


  8. #838
    Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,276

    Default

    I boiled ten eggs, made a bunch of beans with pepper jack cheese mixed in, and sauteed onions and peppers in olive oil.

    It's low-carb week.

    No, I don't plan to eat all of the eggs today. It's good to be prepared!
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

    "In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3


    Fasting for Advent



    SEE-Fi /Gamma

  9. #839
    Senior Member Array King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I boiled ten eggs, made a bunch of beans with pepper jack cheese mixed in, and sauteed onions and peppers in olive oil.

    It's low-carb week.

    No, I don't plan to eat all of the eggs today. It's good to be prepared!


    I just acquired a crock pot, (a gift) over the weekend. I never bought one because I haven't needed it. I'm glad to have it though! Will need to find a pulled pork recipe and a chicken soup recipe and the like.

    Tonight I had tuna casserole. Nice and easy and warm in my stomach.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  10. #840
    Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    A quick glance over that forum seems like it's the same problem I'm finding everywhere else. People seem obsessed with creating "low carb" versions of high carb foods. Recipes for "Low carb cookies", "Low carb desserts", "Low carb pizza". If I'm on a damn low carb diet, I don't need to be eating cookies, dessert, and pizza. They offer absolutely nothing of nutritional value to me, and even the "low carb" versions are still too high in carbs.

    At this point I'm eating nothing but eggs or chicken for every meal.

    I did find one link of value there: http://www.101cookbooks.com/low_carb_recipes/ Looks like this could be worthwhile.
    I don't know if anyone has told you this yet, but "good carbs" include things like beans, lentils, brown bread (the darker the better), brown rice, bananas (yes bananas, they affect your glycemic index in a good way, I'm so glad I love them), and oatmeal.

    I'm pretty sure you can still eat good carbs as a diabetic, or that would just be unhealthy. Balance this stuff with lean protein [chicken, eggs, fish, cottage cheese (whey protein)], veggies, milk, unsweetened plain yogurt (or try unsweetened kefir, it's really good), etc.

    You can also have nuts, seeds, and unsweetened natural nut butters.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

    "In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3


    Fasting for Advent



    SEE-Fi /Gamma

Similar Threads

  1. what should i cook for dinner?
    By prplchknz in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-21-2012, 06:10 PM
  2. [SJ] SJs are awesome enough that I want to bake them a cake and such!!!!
    By miss fortune in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 10:58 AM
  3. What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)
    By figsfiggyfigs in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 04:38 PM
  4. Learning to Cook
    By wedekit in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 11:33 AM
  5. David Cook
    By wwbeachbum161 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 05:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO