I made this for my Husbands Birthday. Devil's food cake with cherries and whipped cream filling on the inside and whipped cream icing on the outside. Ridiculously delicious.
02-18-2011, 06:45 PM #781
02-18-2011, 06:50 PM #782I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
02-18-2011, 08:44 PM #783
02-18-2011, 09:15 PM #784
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
Power oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. One of the best snacks for a hungry student whose brain needs good clean energy .
1 cup coconut oil (the secret ingredient here)
1 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups oat bran (more fiber and nutrition than regular oatmeal/quick oats)
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional, I leave them out)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup water
1 scoop flavorless protein power
That made some really good cookies that're good on protein and fiber, light on sugar, and have a good amount of medium chain fatty acids from the coconut oil (great for mental energy, though better when not paired with carbs).
02-19-2011, 10:36 PM #785
Sandwiches. Roast beef and honey turkey. Lettuce. Tomato. I made a spread from minced onion, parsley, cream cheese, balsamic vinegar, (raw) garlic, salt, black pepper, and a little olive oil. The spread and the bread were a big deal--it's tough making gluten free bread and getting the texture and taste just right.
02-19-2011, 11:23 PM #786
Salad, home made orange ginger vinaigrette, recipe on request. *takes a nap*lol
02-20-2011, 08:10 PM #787
02-20-2011, 10:20 PM #788
Attempted fresh veggies and chicken in a Italian spiced soup. Made it up
02-24-2011, 12:15 AM #789
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
I love baking and that's one of my favorite in terms of spending out my free time.
Here's my easy chocolate cake with buttercream cocoa frosting.
1 + 1/2 cup (170 g) all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (dutched/dark)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup (220 g) sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
3/4 cup (1.8 dl) milk
3/4 cup (170 g) melted butter
Ingredients for frosting
1 stick (1/2 cup) + 3 tablespoons (160 g) softened butter
3 cups (7.2 dl) powdered sugar or confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 to 5 tablespoons lukewarm milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F (Gas mark 4 or 180 deg C)
2. Grease a 9 inch (23 cm) cake tin.
3. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl.
4. Melt the butter at low heat and add to the dry ingredients. Also add milk and eggs.
5. Mix everything together until smooth, either by hand or by using an electric mixer at slow speed.
6. Transfer to bake tin and bake at 350 degrees until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 35 to 45 minutes.
7. After the cake has cooled, slice the cake through the middle to make two layers (easier if the cake has been in the fridge).
1. Cream the softened butter with powdered sugar in a bowl. Add cocoa, vanilla and 4 tablespoons lukewarm milk, and mix until smooth. Do not over-mix. If necessary, add some more milk.
2. Use one 1/3 of the frosting between the two layers, 1/3 on top, and the rest around the cake.
3. This cake should have room temperature when served.
top singapore restaurants
Last edited by Dimples5987; 02-28-2011 at 04:58 AM.
02-27-2011, 10:20 PM #790
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
Ling cod curry with rice. Ling cod being a blue fleshed species of fish (which turns white after cooking). In addition to the typical coconut yellow curry ingredients I added some dill and basil to complement the fish flavor. It was DELICIOUS. I have a bunch of other frozen fish fillets in the freezer from a past fishing trip that I'll have to curry up too :P .
By prplchknz in forum Home, Garden and NatureReplies: 4Last Post: 05-21-2012, 06:10 PM
By miss fortune in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)Replies: 49Last Post: 08-11-2010, 10:58 AM
By figsfiggyfigs in forum Home, Garden and NatureReplies: 71Last Post: 06-14-2010, 04:38 PM
By wedekit in forum Home, Garden and NatureReplies: 46Last Post: 03-09-2010, 11:33 AM
By wwbeachbum161 in forum Popular Culture and TypeReplies: 6Last Post: 02-23-2009, 05:26 PM