• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Chickpea-quinoa burgers! Found some quinoa on sale at the Krogers, boiled some, mashed up a can of chickpeas, added a good amount of italian herbs, black pepper, some garlic and onion, a bunch of soy sauce and some matzo meal. Formed the mix into little patties, fry it in a bit of oil and mmmm.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm thinking of marinading shrimp in olive oil,lime juice,cilantro,garlic,salt and pepper maybe sour orange juice do you think that be good? and cooking it

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I cooked my first ever fried egg last night.
Housewife training.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'm thinking of marinading shrimp in olive oil,lime juice,cilantro,garlic,salt and pepper maybe sour orange juice do you think that be good? and cooking it

Oh yes it will be! I make a similar concoction for shrimp. I just stick it on skewers and grill it* and it tastes lovely. Cilantro and shrimp were just made for each other.

*I don't grill, I make my dad do it. If I do it I just use a grilling pan on the stove.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Oh yes it will be! I make a similar concoction for shrimp. I just stick it on skewers and grill it* and it tastes lovely. Cilantro and shrimp were just made for each other.

*I don't grill, I make my dad do it. If I do it I just use a grilling pan on the stove.

i have plans to make shrimp with crusty bread and coconut rice one night, turkey burgers with salad fries and french silk pie another night, pad thai another night if i can ever find bean sprouts, and black bean soup one night

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
have plans to make this, some time this week

Halloween Party Mix

1 kg. (11oz) pretzels

1 pkg (10.5 oz) Ritz bits (small peanut butter filled crackers)

1 c dry roasted peanuts

1 c sugar

½ cup butter or margarine

½ cup corn syrup

2 Tbsp. vanilla extract

1 tsp. baking soda

1 pkg (10 oz) M&M’s

1 pkg (10 oz candy corn

In a large bowl combine pretzels, crackers and peanuts. In a large sauce pan, combine sugar, butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, boil for 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam). Pour over pretzel mixture and stir until coated. Pour into greased 10 x 15 x 1 inch pan. Bake at 250 degress for 45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes. Break apart while warm. Toss with M&M’s and candy corn. Cool, completely and store in air tight containers. Makes 16 cups.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
black bean soup (from some cook book of my moms, can use madeira in place of balasmic and chicken stock)
2c black beans
2 1/2 qt cold water
2 ribs celery chopped
1 1/2 lrg onion chopped
4tbs butter
1 1/4 tbs flour
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 ham hock (I'm using pig tails because the store was out of hamhocks)
1 1/2 leeks trimmed and thinly sliced
1 bay leaf
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup balasamic vinegar reduced to 1/8th cup
7/8 c chicken stock (you want to combine with vinegar to equal 1/2 cup)

in deep pot combine soaked beans (either do a quick soak* or soak over night) with water. cook covered over low heat for 1 1/2 hours.

in soup pot over low heat saute celery and onion in butter until tender. remove from heat. stir in parsley and flour. return to low heat for a few minutes stirring constantly.stir in beans and cooking liquid. add ham hock,leeks,bay leaf,salt,and pepper. Simmer the soup covered 4 hours.

discard ham hock and bay leaf. force the beans through a seive or puree them in a blender/food processor few cupfuls at a time. combine the reduced vinegar and chicken stock. combine the pureed beans with the vinegar mixture. serve

*to quick soak beans, rinse,pick through for impurities, and drain beans. Place in pot with 3 ins of water covering them. Bring to boil. Boil for 3 minutes take off heat. cover and continue soaking for 2 hours. Drain and add Fresh water. begin cooking

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm baking a cake, it's in the oven instead of milk i used vanilla almond milk and reduced the amount of vanilla by half

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Chocolate butter cream
6 oz dark chocolate
¾ c butter
2 tbs milk
2 c powdered sugar
Melt the chocolate, cool slightly. Beat milk, butter, and sugar till fluff and pale, beat in chocolate

IMHO opinion this is the best chocolate butter cream i've ever tasted. its from a hungararian cake cookbook

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
White Cake
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup vanilla almond milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. For cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.

Chocolate butter cream
6 oz dark chocolate
¾ c butter
2 tbs milk
2 c powdered sugar
Melt the chocolate, cool slightly. Beat milk, butter, and sugar till fluff and pale, beat in chocolate

IMHO opinion this is the best chocolate butter cream i've ever tasted. its from a hungararian cake cookbook

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Having a party tomorrow!

Making:

Tuscan mashed chick peas
Quinoa tabbouleh with heirloom tomatoes
Spinach and artichoke hummus
Crock pot Thai chicken

Come on by if you're in the Detroit area :)

capslock

MBTI Type
INFP
Bolognese :cheese:

I'm gonna attempt making it the 'proper/traditional' way the next time, why not.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Taco dip
2 blocks cream cheese
1 16oz container cottage cheese
1 package taco seasoning
Shredded cheese
Diced tomato

Combine cream cheese cottage cheese and taco seasoning. Make smooth and prett put cheese and tomato on top. Serve with tortilla chips

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I made some Die, Virus! Die! chicken stock. Two cut up chickens in a stock pot with water and a bunch of veggies, herbs, and spices that the internet says are good for colds, etc.
(Garlic
Turmeric
Oregano
Ginger
Carrot
Bell pepper
Leafy greens)

Also celery and onion and red pepper flakes.

Going to skim the fat off, then freeze it in individual portions for when someone is feeling cruddy or just wants some chicken soup. Or I need broth for a recipe. I tried it with some tiny star pasta and it was pretty good. :D