• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You must join this cafe Cas, we will all eat like queens! And kings!

Count me in, I love eating!! Tortellini and an absolutely delicious turkish dish provided by me!!! :smile:

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Does anyone have any good recipes that involve rice paper?

I browsed an asian market for fun. And was really drawn to the rice paper. So I bought some. I tried to make some summer rolls with them, but they just tasted bland. I did not do a good job with them.

So now I have hundreds of sheets of rice paper and nothing to do with them. But I desperately want to use them.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Had sum rice with soy sauce and sesame seed oil, vegetables, and chili beans.

Pinker85

chinesepancakes1.jpg

Chinese jicama pancakes. I love these things. The recipe is a variation on a ritz cracker recipe using jicama, sunflower seeds, walnuts and green onions.

kabochapumpkinpie1.jpg

Because the boy has a sweet tooth, I always try to have stuff he can easily grab from the fridge. These are pumpkin pie bars made out of kabocha squash. I like adding a little maple syrup (not raw, I know!) to mine as I like the flavor of maple syrup and pumpkin. Mmmm.

Sorry the coloring of these photos is a bit off, too lazy to mess around in PS. I haven't been making much for elaborate things lately, so we've been mostly living off quick to whip up soups from the blender or juices.

Pinker85

asalad1.jpg

Lazy and quick Asian chop salad with Chinese jicama pancakes sprinkled over top for crunch. I didn't sprout these mung beans. I haven't sprouted much lately, that's really bad . . . just been really focused on music and art lately. I'm slacking off. :( *clicks tongue at self*

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I made a walnut cake with 7 minute icing for my dad's 67th birthday with a few adjustments to the recipe

I did 4 egg yolks + 1 egg instead of 4 eggs
got rid of the vanilla added a 1/4th cup of walnut liqueur
reduced milk from a cup to 3/4th cup

it was delicious
cakeeeeeee.jpg
not the best picture but best i can do we had some last night and my mom took half of it to work

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I made a walnut cake with 7 minute icing for my dad's 67th birthday with a few adjustments to the recipe

I did 4 egg yolks + 1 egg instead of 4 eggs
got rid of the vanilla added a 1/4th cup of walnut liqueur
reduced milk from a cup to 3/4th cup

it was delicious I'll take a picture later.

7 minute icing? Isn't that a long time for icing?

I made fairy cakes with my daughter last night and the icing (red-was supposed to be pink)took less than two minutes including application time... what am i missing?

Oh also we were happy to find one had naturally made the shape of a heart. Organic red hearts! :wubbie:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
7 minute icing? Isn't that a long time for icing?

I made fairy cakes with my daughter last night and the icing (red-was supposed to be pink)took less than two minutes including application time... what am i missing?

Oh also we were happy to find one had naturally made the shape of a heart. Organic red hearts! :wubbie:
hold on 7 minute icing is a type of icing made with egg whites and sugar and vanilla and you beat the egg whites and sugar together for 7 minutes until stiff peaks have formed http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/7-minute-frosting-recipe/index.html

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
MBTI Type
INTJ
Technically frosting is creamy and fluffy like what we use for layer cakes, while icing is thinner and glossier like on a coffee cake. But I think they're interchangeable in common usage. I know they are for me.

I think the confusion in terms may arise because what we call "confectioner's sugar" in the USA is called "icing sugar" in commonwealth nations.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Pork tenderloin with apricot glaze, dressed green beans (dressed in onion,bacon, vinegar, and mustard), dauphinoise potatoes, and my mom made french bread

Pinker85

beetsalad1.jpg

Beet, carrot and apple salad with sweet-sour love'n (lemon juice, agave, extra virgin olive oil, pepper and real salt) dressing.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mediterranean chicken breasts with kalamata olives, roma tomatoes, and onion. Risotto along with it. I cheated on the risotto and made it in the oven. I wasn't standing over a skillet stirring this stuff for 20 minutes tonight. It would have been perfect with some pinot grigio but alas, no liquor for poor me tonight. :(

Pinker85

bleh001.jpg

handful salad: avocado, apple, grapefruit, extra virgin olive oil and salt.

cashew swiss cheese (minus the holes, was too lazy): cashews, agar flakes, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, tahini and mustard.

haven't been making anything interesting. just bleh.