• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
^those look good.

i made rye injera a few days ago, which people thought were weird but good pancakes.

basically true. good with honey.

may make sweet potato bread soon.

gromit

likes this
^those look good.

i made rye a few days ago injera, which people thought were weird but good pancakes.

basically true. good with honey.

may make sweet potato bread soon.

Did you use any wheat flour or anything? Still learning all my grains, but I had thought rye doesn't bind together on its own that well.

wolfy

awsm
Did you use any wheat flour or anything? Still learning all my grains, but I had thought rye doesn't bind together on its own that well.

You could probably do 100% rye pancakes. You're right that it doesn't bind well, but there are eggs to help a little and pancakes don't need to rise much. Never actually done it though, but we used to make 100% gluten free bread in a bakery I used to work for.

gromit

likes this
You could probably do 100% rye pancakes. You're right that it doesn't bind well, but there are eggs to help a little and pancakes don't need to rise much. Never actually done it though, but we used to make 100% gluten free bread in a bakery I used to work for.

Ah cool yes. I have done rye "quick" bread that doesn't use yeast, just baking soda (powder?) and extra eggs. Will have to see about those pancakes. I loooove rye flour.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I warmed up some leftover Portillo's

wolfy

awsm
Ah cool yes. I have done rye "quick" bread that doesn't use yeast, just baking soda (powder?) and extra eggs. Will have to see about those pancakes. I loooove rye flour.

A good way to use rye is as a sponge. Mix part of the rye content with part of the yeast and some of the water in percentages made up in your head. The rye and water are the same amount and the total mix is about 10% of the total recipe volume.

Actually, that is maybe confusing. Give me a rye bread recipe and I'll show you.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
rye, honey, yeast and water. fermented for about 24 hours.

then some baking soda.

spread thin on the heated pan - makes a sticky, foamy, moist bread. wasn't right on for injera but was good. the bottom slides right off the pan and is very smooth, almost a thin paper crust, but as it cools turns sticky.

you don't bake it til dry, i don't know how that'd work. while moist it was quite sticky.

[MENTION=9486]gromit[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4515]wolfy[/MENTION]

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Potatoes pan fried with onions and garlic in olive oil, and bratwurst.

:)

Pinker85

cucumbers_edited-1.jpg

Ned Flanders's nachos: cucumber slices with macadamia cream cheese, agave nectar, chopped dates, and mint.

zucpasta.jpg

Zucchini marinara pasta: spiralized zucchini with sundried tomato marinara topped with sundried olives and basil from the garden.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I made chicken burrito with verde salsa made the verde from scratch. and charro beans for dinner tonight

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Bow-tie pasta with some concentrated tomato paste.

Mmm.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
not to sound like a bad joke referencing the fact that I'm a woman, but I got home late and made myself a sandwich :ninja:

toasted pretzel bread with herb flavored laughing cow and roast beef... with a side of chips and salsa :cheese:

[MENTION=9552]momental[/MENTION] and I cooked lots and lots of food today and then stuffed our faces with it all. Crepes and raspberry smoothies for brunch, and penne with asparagus and shrimp in balsamic cream for dinner, with a spinach, cherry tomato and grape salad on the side. Also sponge cake with nutella frosting for dessert.

Yum.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm gonna make stir-fry noodles later tonight, yeeaaaah.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
tried sweet potato rye bread which didn't rise very well but was still good.

curryied veggies today.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I found a food blog with delicious ecuadorean and more recipes. I made apple cake and then salad with honeyed walnuts I made myself with feta cheese and crumbled egg. For dinner grilled cheese and spinach sandwich on wheat. And lots of omelettes and breakfast burritos. I love love coffee in the am. Viet style with condensed milk.

At some point I wanna try making empanadas.