• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
grilled softshell crabs with corn cilantro vinegarette-good but i don't think it was worth the effort of cutting out their faces and getting rid of the gills. if i make it again i'm going to a fish monger for that step. potatoes au gratin. Dinner was delicious, the potatoes were really really good and definetly will make them again.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Some friends and I made summer rolls. It was pretty ridiculous; you shouldn't be able to eat yourself sick on something that is mostly fresh vegetables. :)

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm curious about gluten free and often wonder if it wouldn't be a good change for me. But then I eat some toast.

Gluten-free expert here.

I can't imagine eating GF by choice but I know that some people feel better when they avoid gluten even they don't need to medically. All of my kids have celiac disease. I sneak away to stuff myself eat things they can't have.

I stayed up last night and made strawberry bread for breakfast time.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Gluten-free expert here.

I can't imagine eating GF by choice but I know that some people feel better when they avoid gluten even they don't need to medically. All of my kids have celiac disease. I sneak away to stuff myself eat things they can't have.

I stayed up last night and made strawberry bread for breakfast time.

Was it GF strawberry bread?

I've wanted to learn more about it because some married friends of mine are GF, but they keep eliminating new things from their diet and I like being hospitable when they visit; now that they've eliminated all grains and beans, I don't know what to do for them anymore.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Was it GF strawberry bread?

I've wanted to learn more about it because some married friends of mine are GF, but they keep eliminating new things from their diet and I like being hospitable when they visit; now that they've eliminated all grains and beans, I don't know what to do for them anymore.

Yes, it was. The recipe was for banana nut bread but I let my banana mash go bad. I put some thawed strawberries in it. Positive feedback from it.

Hmmm, that's a bit of a pain. Steak salad? Lettuce wraps? They can always go the BYOD route and you will provide drinks, reheating facilities, and your good company.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I'm watching a lot of Australian cooking shows... And the most jarring thing about them is that they measure sugar/flour etc in grams. It's not that I have problems with converting to metric... Because I spend enough time in chem labs that I'm used to grams/metric...

It's the conversion from volume to mass that gets me. We measure in cups and such... I can't convert 1 cup to a weight unless I physically go weigh a cup full of sugar, or find a density conversion for each ingredient.

This is madness.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
[isproud]I made tomato soup with only stuff in the cupboard. I sauted an onion in half oil half butter with some fresh herbs chopped, than i put in a tomato and let it cook for 5 minutes than i added paprika,white pepper, and salt along with one 15 oz can tomato sauce plus one can of water and now its simmering than i'm blending it with the blender and adding some heavy cream to finish it off [/isproud]

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I made some mini pizzas on low carb pitas. They had lots of cheese, pepperoni, bacon and jalapenos.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I made macadamia encrusted snapper, to accompany it i made citrus sour cream. i also made oven fries.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just finished a monster of a lasagna for the 3 males in this house. No matter how big I make this sucker..they always seem to finish it :ninja:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Breakfast - southwestern style eggwhite/veggie wrap.

[my camera sucks]
0711121007.jpg

-Whole wheat tortilla
-spread a little bit of spicy guacamole on it
-added sliced tomatoes, & fresh spinach leaves
-2 egg whites, cooked with diced red & green peppers, diced red onion, topped w/1 slice nonfat cheddar

was great with the last of my strawberries, & iced coffee [added ginger root extract, stevia, & Silk french vanilla creamer, which I haven't tried before. Definitely better than coffeemate].
Wrapped half of the sandwich up for breakfast tomorrow or a meal later today, too full now..

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm about to make some hollandaise sauce, my mom's making everything else.

also you can use lime juice to sub for lemon juice, all we had were limes so i experimented and it worked.