User Tag List

Page 63 of 227 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Vanilla Crack

Ingredients
    1 lb Salted Soda Crackers
    2 cups Butter, Salted
    1 cup Sugar, Granulated
    2 tsp Vanilla Extract
    1/2 cup Pecan Pieces

Directions
    1. Line 10 x 15" jelly roll pan with heavy-duty foil. Spray foil with non-stick spray.

2. Cover the pan completely with a single layer of crackers, salt side up. (Break crackers in pieces to make them fit if you have to). Set aside

3. Combine butter, sugar, and vanilla in heavy sauce pan. Bring to full boil over medium high heat on stove top. (A full boil will bave breaking bubbles all over the surface fo the pan).

4. Boil for 5 minutes stirring constantly.

5. Pour mixture over the soda crackers as evenly as you can.

6. Sprinkle nuts over the top.

7. Place pan in over and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

8. When completely cooled break into pieces.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Jeez. The day before Thanksgiving (at least for the Americans) and this thread isn't being bumped?

Ive been cooking my face off. My aunts have decided that they're too busy to make anything for the Thanksgiving dinner that my extended family is having, so my mother and I are making 90% of it.

I've decided to try something new and make a batch of stuffing out of cornbread, because I saw it on the Food Network.

I made that pumpkin crisp earlier, but ultimately it's too sugary and not much easier than pumpkin pie, so Ive decided to just go with the traditional pumpkin pies.

Plus my brother was in the mood for French Onion soup for dinner, so I made that.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

A pumpkin pie, but it was a major FAIL. I used a different recipe than my normal one, and it tasted gross. Will try again tomorrow morning with the old standby recipe!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Ok: Just finished these about an hour ago. They're my contribution to a Thanksgiving dinner I've been invited to - I'm in charge of appetizers.

A few comments on these - firstly, I've never worked with phyllo dough - this was a first. It's annoying. I will definitely do better next time. The pastry is dryer/brittler than it should be (texture isn't quite right). So they'll just be crunchier than they really should be, but taste-wise they're fine. Also the finished product isn't nearly as 'pretty' as it should be.

The filling is totally yummy though - spinich, scallions, fresh parsley, some green lentils, feta cheese, an egg, and pepper. Oh. And butter and olive oil, of course.

"...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Vanilla Crack
    I gotta be honest... I think this recipe needs a new name. Every time I open this thread and read it I have to do a double take because I think we're learning how to make flavored cocaine.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Ok: Just finished these about an hour ago. They're my contribution to a Thanksgiving dinner I've been invited to - I'm in charge of appetizers.

A few comments on these - firstly, I've never worked with phyllo dough - this was a first. It's annoying. I will definitely do better next time. The pastry is dryer/brittler than it should be (texture isn't quite right). So they'll just be crunchier than they really should be, but taste-wise they're fine. Also the finished product isn't nearly as 'pretty' as it should be.

The filling is totally yummy though - spinich, scallions, fresh parsley, some green lentils, feta cheese, an egg, and pepper. Oh. And butter and olive oil, of course.

I love spanakopita
    by @magpie

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post

Oh yum looks good! I know it's a pain to work with phyllo dough - I made Beef Wellington once...

I just made fresh cranberry sauce with whole cranberries, sugar, water, fresh squeezed orange juice, and a spoonful of orange zest. I also made real turkey gravy with drippings. Last year I actually cooked a turkey, but I wasn't assigned that particular thing this year.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Lungs & Lips Locked Array Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Sweet Potato Concoction

It tastes super happy
    Made with this recipe, basically.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Some crap called Mulatto Rice (I know, I know, but I didn't name it) that a friend mentioned she thought sounded good, so I offered to make it. I'm sure the recipe is wrong. It's still cooking so we'll see.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post

Sweet Potato Concoction

It tastes super happy
    Made with this recipe, basically.
    that's almost the same recipe my mom uses, it's really good.

I made mashed potatoes that ended up amazing (they always do when I make mashed potatoes) and I suggested we use the food processor for the pie crust for the pumpkin pie, the crust came out amazing. and the food processor makes its so much easier than doing it by hand. and now i have no excuse not to make a pie a crust from scratch.
    by @magpie