• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

MBTI Type
INTJ
Caprese salad with roasted tomatoes and homemade pesto.

capresesalad.jpg

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I attempted to make potato wedges with olive oil and parsley along with garlic chicken. The wedges came out soggy and not crispy as i expected and the garlic chicken did not taste the same as when my mother made them at Christmas. I did salvage the meal though and called for take-out.

I am going to ask my mother for a cookery lesson, i think. The cooking gene is not turned on unfortunately.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Korean Turnip Soup with Beef Brisket, served with rice and a side of kimchi, delish!

IMG_0568.jpg

Last edited:

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Pasta Salad, Ingredients: rotini pasta, black olives, red bell pepper, red onion, genoa salami, pepper jack cheese, cheddar cheese, olive oil, lemon juice & italian seasoning. Pretty basic but good :).

IMG_0552.jpg

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
[MENTION=10137]Sparrow[/MENTION] Lemon juice? Hmmmm. I put almost the exact same things in my pasta salad (except I hate olives), but I've never drizzled any lemon on there.

Also, the colorful rotini makes it look great.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=10137]Sparrow[/MENTION] Lemon juice? Hmmmm. I put almost the exact same things in my pasta salad (except I hate olives), but I've never drizzled any lemon on there.

Also, the colorful rotini makes it look great.

The lemon works wonders! Dude every time I make this, I end up making enough for 30 people lol! :doh:

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
The lemon works wonders! Dude every time I make this, I end up making enough for 30 people lol! :doh:

Next time I make pasta salad, I'm going to drizzle some lemon on a bowl of it and try it out. Will report back with the results. :p

MBTI Type
INTJ
The never-ending quest for perfect pizza at home continues. I put a piece of terra cotta tile on the floor of my oven in place of a pizza stone ($1.77 vs. $30.00) and surrounded it with firebrick to mimic a brick pizza oven.

pizzaoven.jpg

The first result was a misshapen and partially burned (but delicious) margherita pizza. After realizing I didn't put enough semolina on my peel, the second attempt went much better. Bacon and brussels sprouts pizza:

baconsproutspizza.jpg

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
The never-ending quest for perfect pizza at home continues. I put a piece of terra cotta tile on the floor of my oven in place of a pizza stone ($1.77 vs. $30.00) and surrounded it with firebrick to mimic a brick pizza oven.

pizzaoven.jpg

The first result was a misshapen and partially burned (but delicious) margherita pizza. After realizing I didn't put enough semolina on my peel, the second attempt went much better. Bacon and brussels sprouts pizza:

baconsproutspizza.jpg

That is awesome! I went looking for terra cotta for same purpose, haven't found yet. Your pizza looks great. Did you have the oven really hot? Was your terra cotta sitting on the element or not?

MBTI Type
INTJ
That is awesome! I went looking for terra cotta for same purpose, haven't found yet. Your pizza looks great. Did you have the oven really hot? Was your terra cotta sitting on the element or not?

Thanks! Actually, my terra cotta cracked when I tried again the next night. If you're going to get a substitute for a pizza stone, the stuff to get is called unglazed quarry tile. It should be available at your local Home Depot or Lowe's. That's what I'm going to try next. If you want to try the bricks, make sure you get firebrick. It's designed to build chimneys, so it's resistant to heat. If you try to use regular bricks they may crack or even explode inside your oven. Firebrick is not usually available at Home Depot but you can usually get it at builder's supply yards. I used four straights (full bricks) for the sides and six splits (half thickness bricks) for the top. The straights would be too heavy for the top, if you look you can even see that my rack is bowing under the splits. To answer your question, I have a gas oven so there is no element on the bottom...I just laid the tile right on the oven floor. I just made sure not to cover the vents on the sides of the oven floor.

As for temperature, turn your oven up the hottest it will go (mine is 550) and let it preheat for a half hour with a stone and a full hour if you're using the firebrick as well. If you do that, your pizzas should cook REAL quick...the one above was five minutes and you can see it was already starting to char. That's what the firebrick does, it uses reflective heat like in pizza ovens and gets it hotter.

MBTI Type
INTJ
BTW - the dough recipe, which you can see here, is FANTASTIC. It seems like a laborious process, but it's mostly a lot of waiting, and the end product is the best I've ever had from a home oven. It comes from the Mozza Cookbook, which is equally fantastic.

Pinker85

Cat food. I switched my cat over to homemade mostly raw food. Will post photos tomorrow.

006.jpg

A mixture of chicken thighs and beef liver baked until half cooked through and processed with vitamins, eggs, bone meal powder (would prefer using fresh ground bone but have to wait on purchasing a meat grinder), iodized salt, probiotic powder, and fish oil. I've been freezing individual portions in an ice cube tray and microwaving a bit to defrost before feeding it to him. He definitely prefers fresh though. Appetizing, no?

He seems to be doing well with the switch although I had to gradually work him over to eating all homemade as he was really addicted to dry kibble. I've noticed he seems to have more energy and his skin is improving.

Last edited:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Homemade pasta (made tortellini), filled with a butternut squash+ricotta+mozzarella+thyme+parsley filling, with a balsamic vinegar+dijon mustard+honey+water+butter+dried cherries sauce. A very sweet pasta dish, but quite tasty.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Homemade pasta (made tortellini), filled with a butternut squash+ricotta+mozzarella+thyme+parsley filling, with a balsamic vinegar+dijon mustard+honey+water+butter+dried cherries sauce. A very sweet pasta dish, but quite tasty.

I want to eat to there. </Liz Lemon>

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP

This sounds great.