• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Permabanned
Brown rice w/ carrot and peas and pre-poached baked salmon along with lettuce and tomato salad, and rustic bread and pineapple juice.
Photo0154.jpg

Secret seasoning :ninja:

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Roast night. Roast chicken stuffed with a lot of onions and garlic. High heat oven so that the skin will be very crispy and I can eat it all to myself good. Roasted cauliflower, heavy on the olive oil and kosher salt.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Chicken with mole poblano, rice, improvised homemade flatbread and a simple salad with ceasar's dressing on the side.

IMG_6180a.jpg

Pinker85

burritosedit_edited-1.jpg

RAW tacos. Sprouted sunflower seed "beans" and cashew sour cream served with pumpkin Mexican "rice".

Recipes:

Pumpkin Mexican "Rice"

2 cups chopped kabocha pumpkin (You can use butternut if kabocha is difficult to get)
1/2 cup finely diced sweet onion (the onions I get are like sugar so you may want to decrease this amount if what you are using is spicier. I like seeing the bits of onion in the rice which is why I prefer hand dicing and stirring them in)
A small handful of sun-dried tomatoes which have been rehydrated and sliced into 1/4" wide slivers
1/4 cup of roughly chopped celery
2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
A small handful of fresh parsley
1 green onion chopped (going into processor so it doesn't need to be finely chopped)
Sea salt, paprika, oregano, and cumin powder to taste

First process in a food processor the pumpkin, garlic clove, celery, and green onion until half-way to rice consistency. Add parsley and process until rice-like consistency. Transfer to a bowl and mix in the olive oil, onions, sun-dried tomato, and seasoning. Taste best if allowed to marinate together 24 hours. The pumpkin and onions soften up and the flavors meld which rounds the dish out - similar to the way cooking marries flavors.

Cashew Sour Cream

1 cup soaked cashews, drained
2 teaspoons lemon juice (add more or less depending on how tart you like your sour cream.)
A little under 1/4 cup water
Sea salt to taste

Blend until smooth.

Tips:

Soak cashews in water 6-8 hours. The length of soak time is dependent on the size and hardness of cashews. You want the soaked cashew to have very little resistance when bitten into but not watered logged to the point the exterior has begun to disintegrate. Drain and rinse the cashews.

Depending on the quality of your blender you may need more liquid to get the cashews moving. I typically add 1/4 cup liquid to every 1 cup of soaked cashews.

I posted a sour cream recipe a while back that calls for fermenting the cashews. Either recipe will work.

Salsa

1 cup diced tomatoes (I used cherry and grape which I sliced into thirds)
1/4 cup diced red onion
1 sliced green onion
1 small handful of cilantro chopped
1 garlic clove minced
1 tbsp lime juice (Add more of less depending on how sour you want it. Taste your lemons and limes prior to use! Tartness can vary quite a bit between individual fruits even of the same species.)
Sea salt to taste

Mix all ingredients. Best if left 24 hours but very good fresh as well. Can be kept for at least a week in the fridge.

Sprouted Sunflower Seed "Beans"

1 cup (pre-sprout volume) hulled sunflower seeds (good instructions)
A small handful of sun-dried tomatoes rehydrated in water and drained, roughly chopped
A good handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
1 green onion, roughly chopped
Jalapeno to your liking (I like spicy food so I add 1 tbsp of finely diced jalapeno)
2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 scant tbsp lemon juice
2-3 tsp of ancho chili powder (smoked, dried poblano powder - gives the "beans" a smoky depth of flavor)
Sea salt to taste
Powdered cumin to taste (really recommend trying to grind your own cumin from seeds as the difference in flavor is immense. I think a lot of flavor nuances get lost as a ground spice sits on the shelf. Electronic coffee grinder works well. Just know that once you've used it for spices it really isn't suitable for grinding coffee anymore (unless you like the taste of cumin coffee!))

Throw everything into food processor and grind until refried bean texture is reached.

Last edited:

Mr. TickTock

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so
I made some brownies...They taste like nothing. Literally. For some ungodly reason my brownies have the taste equivalent to water. They are not bad. They are not good. They are like some sort of terrible neutral flavor. I'm a bad baker.

On the upside. Making some steak. I'm better at that.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
chocolate waffles with cherries on top... and turkey sausage on the side... sunday morning breakfast! :holy:

F

figsfiggyfigs

dsc09337r.jpg

I've been making this every morning for the past week. it's a bunch of fruits, roasted pine nuts, on Greek yogurt with honey drizzled on top.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A bunch of junk for our little Super Bowl shindig...my stomach hurts now :sick:.

IMG_0536.jpg

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
turkey burgers topped with avocado, tomato, poblano peppers, pepper jack and very thinly sliced onion on whole wheat buns :)

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Chicken in an improvised banana & rum sauce - of my own invention -with tostones and rice and black beans on the side ... part of a Cuban night :hifive:

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mitarashi dango! I'm quite pleased at how they turned out.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Poutine - the Canadian contribution to a possible culinary world tour :)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Poutine - the Canadian contribution to a possible culinary world tour :)
What is this?

I made root soup: root vegetables, sausage, wild rice, a few herbs, beer

Pinker85

A big salad made out of greens from the garden and luscious tomatoes with a bitter orange dressing. Was quite tasty. I was too lazy to take photos. Lighting is horrible everywhere in my home so I have to do tricks with sheets of white paper and a thoughtfully angled lamp to get anything resembling a crisp photo. :p