User Tag List

Page 55 of 227 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I gave the neighbor girls some pasta salad last week. They just told me they'll pay me to make them a big tupperware container of it. (These girls can't cook for shit). Looks like I'm making some pasta salad tonight.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I gave the neighbor girls some pasta salad last week. They just told me they'll pay me to make them a big tupperware container of it. (These girls can't cook for shit). Looks like I'm making some pasta salad tonight.
    Can I have some?

Chedder Baked Chicken (the rice crispy cereal makes gives it a nice crunch!)

Got the recipe here (I revised it a bit and made chicken tenders):

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/chedda...en/Detail.aspx

I also made some red skin mashed potatoes n gravy for the first time...OH SO GOOD!
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII

I want to make these sometime this week.

Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffin

ingredients
    FILLING
    Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
    1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
    1 large egg
    2 tablespoons sugar
    2 teaspoons grated lemon peel

MUFFINS
    1 (14 oz.) package Pillsbury® Pumpkin Quick Bread
    3/4 cup milk
    2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
    1 large egg
    3 tablespoons butter, melted
    1/4 cup chopped pecans
    Preparation Directions
    1. HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
    2. BEAT cream cheese in medium bowl with electric mixer until soft. Add egg, sugar and lemon peel. Beat until smooth.
    3. PLACE pumpkin bread mix into large bowl. Remove 3/4 cup dry mix and set aside in small bowl to make topping. Add milk, oil and egg to remaining bread mix in large bowl. Stir 50 strokes or until blended.
    4. FILL each muffin cup with about 1/4 cup batter. Make indentation in batter with small measuring spoon sprayed with no-stick cooking spray. Put 1 heaping tablespoon cream cheese mixture in center of each muffin.
    5. ADD melted butter to reserved dry mix. Stir with fork until crumbly. Add pecans. Crumble about 1 tablespoon over each muffin.
    6. BAKE 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove muffins from pan. Place on baking rack to finish cooling.
    Last edited by Tigerlily; 10-12-2010 at 02:37 PM.

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

That sounds interesting Tigerlily. Think you could link us to the recipe? My curiosity has been piqued.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I am hooked on this breakfast:

1 slice of Ezekiel bread, well-toasted, with almond butter, sesame seeds, and apple slices on top. If you have a big apple and cut it across the middle so the star shows, you only need one slice and it's neater.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    That sounds interesting Tigerlily. Think you could link us to the recipe? My curiosity has been piqued.
    I did. is the link not working?

Tily, I LOVE Ezekiel Bread! I spread laughing cow cheese on a slice with a fried egg and !

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I got a hold of some very special sweet potatos from an asian market over the weekend, so its been a sweet potato marathon for the last couple of days. I've been looking to try a purple sweet potato for YEARS, and I tracked down one place in the whole city where they're sold, and it happened to be an asian market my parents used to go to when I was little. Needless to say, my stomach was very excited .

Sunday night: grilled pork chops with baked Yakiimo/korean sweet potatoes and purple Okinawa sweet potatoes. Monday night was lamb shoulder chops cooked with white wine, plus jasmine rice and baked sweet potatoes. Tonight, I did a slow cooked pork shoulder with jasmine rice and candied yams using the Okinawa sweet potatoes.

My entire experience with those purple ones has left much to be desired. They're just too dry and mealy, either way i cooked them, for all 4 of the ones I bought. Plus, the fact that they are purple makes them quite... uncouth to cook with, imo. They're a great novelty food item, but I can't say I like them much. The Yakiimo ones, otoh, were absolutely delicious! Super sweet, and with a wonderful moist creamy texture. They're deep maroon on the outside and yellow inside. Not watery like some of the typical orange varieties can be, and not dry either. They're as sweet, if not more sweet, as most orange varieties, but I really do like the texture more when it comes to baking them whole. They pack a great flavor punch and need no seasoning or sugar at all. I'll be buying as many as I can next time I make it down to that market.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    I want to make these sometime this week.

Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffin

ingredients
    FILLING
    Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
    1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
    1 large egg
    2 tablespoons sugar
    2 teaspoons grated lemon peel

MUFFINS
    1 (14 oz.) package Pillsbury® Pumpkin Quick Bread
    3/4 cup milk
    2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
    1 large egg
    3 tablespoons butter, melted
    1/4 cup chopped pecans
    Preparation Directions
    1. HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
    2. BEAT cream cheese in medium bowl with electric mixer until soft. Add egg, sugar and lemon peel. Beat until smooth.
    3. PLACE pumpkin bread mix into large bowl. Remove 3/4 cup dry mix and set aside in small bowl to make topping. Add milk, oil and egg to remaining bread mix in large bowl. Stir 50 strokes or until blended.
    4. FILL each muffin cup with about 1/4 cup batter. Make indentation in batter with small measuring spoon sprayed with no-stick cooking spray. Put 1 heaping tablespoon cream cheese mixture in center of each muffin.
    5. ADD melted butter to reserved dry mix. Stir with fork until crumbly. Add pecans. Crumble about 1 tablespoon over each muffin.
    6. BAKE 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove muffins from pan. Place on baking rack to finish cooling.
    I want to make these so bad now, I love pumpkin and cheesecake things, so I know i'd love these.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INTP

Homemade chocolate chip cookies. Yum!
    Something Witty