• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
This beautiful weather is making me want to grill everything. Tonight it was carne asada with fresh tortillas.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had Raisin Bran and poured milk on top. Does that count?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Stir-fried vegetables on a grill wok.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This is not the prettiest bread I have ever baked, I should try to photograph my bread again when I am a little less zealous with the flour.

bread and salt, a traditional greeting )
tjcCw.jpg

YCk2f.jpg

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
This is not the prettiest bread I have ever baked, I should try to photograph my bread again when I am a little less zealous with the flour.

bread and salt, a traditional greeting )
tjcCw.jpg

YCk2f.jpg
Looks delicious! What did you serve on it?

Green smoothie. Same as every day for the last week. Getting healthy is a bitch!
Good for you FM! Getting older is a bitch too but it's forced me to live a healthier lifestyle. What are you putting in your smoothie?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A very hearty version of chicken and rice soup.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Composed a faux-Mediterranean thing with roasted lamb chops, rice, onions, a little tomato (not sure whether I want to keep it), lots of chopped parsley, a few whole olives, cooked in olive oil (I put too much :dry: ), added a little lemon juice, ginger, and rosemary. Overall, I like it, I'm going to keep this recipe after a little refining. Served with pistachios and dried apricots to go with the theme.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My day earlier was ruined today, but I've been making up for it tonight! I'll be damned if I don't enjoy Sunday somehow!

Trying to cook all this before some friends arrive, and then we're just going to hang out in the backyard, watch the sun set, and chill out on this warm night!

Coconut battered shrimp!! With sweet potato shoestring fries! And for dessert, flourless chocolate cake/torte (which is basically solid, pure chocolate BUTTER...imagine eating refrigerated butter, that's the texture...but it's chocolate).

Tempura%20Coconut%20Shrimp.ashx

healthy_sweet_potato_fries.jpg

753_flourless_chocolate_cake.jpg

edit: btw I'm cheating. All this shit I bought from Whole Foods, so it's really just a matter of me frying em up. :rofl1:

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
This doesn't look too exciting, but it is smooth, spicy, delicious apple butter. My hands are sore from peeling and chopping about ten pounds of apples.

IMG_4294-1.jpg

MBTI Type
INTJ
Good for you FM! Getting older is a bitch too but it's forced me to live a healthier lifestyle. What are you putting in your smoothie?

Thanks! Yeah, getting older is trying to take my hair. Grr.

I've been doing a 50/50 ratio of fruit to veg. Baby spinach and kale for the veg; banana, orange, pineapple, apple for the fruit. I've been adding fresh ginger too, it's a strong enough taste to cut the vegetable flavor. Honestly, the veggie flavor is minimal.

giegs

MBTI Type
INTP
Shepherds Pie.

I've made better, but it's still great comfort food. I think I'll make it with a substantial gravy next time.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
simple smooth tomato soup from two types of tomato with a whole lot of white wine in it

with that: roasted whole grain bread with an entire tooth of garlic rubbed to its surface, put on a few drops of olive oil and serrano ham and/or a cheese of your choice....voilà!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Fillet of pork filled with Pesto Rosso wrapped in Parma ham

I'll try that today. But I'll serve rosemary potatoes and a bouqet of salad, arugula, cucumber and radish.

Still need a sauce :/ Hope something comes to mind in the next 3 hours :D

97020-big-gefuellte-schweinefilets-mit-parmaschinken.jpg

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The meat looks good, Entropie. :D

I'm going to try baking my first pie tomorrow. A squash-apple pie, uncovered, that I made up. Should I add some honey, or some vanilla?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My kids just made a "Graveyard Cake"

Graveyard_Cake.jpg

Brownie for the cake, chocloate icing, crushed Oreos for "dirt", gummy worm + pumpkin candy accents, and an army of homemade tombstones, ghosts, zombies, and bats - YUMMY!

:solidarity:

-Alex