• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Starry

I'm always so jealous of the cookers/bakers in this thread. But I am right now...currently probably burning...some chocolate chip cookies!

Okay...the reason I am posting...
I've got some really good/fresh Garam Masala stinking up my pantry...that I'd like to use on a 'tried and true' recipe. Any recommendations?

^^Thanks nobody for helping me create this...

311340_276764902342204_100000260894291_1161789_2105081939_n.jpg

Masoor Dal. So proud of myself *sniff* so proud.
(Oh...and I get the idea of the thread now. People just post. No reading...no questions Just my style!! LOL!!)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Lentil soup-needed less liquid and more spices was the consensus on it otherwise -a

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, I had heated up a can of Thai coconut soup, but I got distracted by the package of salami I found in the fridge. I bought it around 6 weeks ago on a whim, and now I couldn't resist. So I ate the entire package just now. Basically it's the first time I've eaten pork in nearly 10 years. And I scarfed down the whole thing.

Why did I do that.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I tossed cold white kidney beans with albacore tuna, chopped onion, halved cherry tomatoes, and salt and pepper.

Needs olive oil.

EDIT: works quite well as a cold bean salad with a bit of balsamic vinagrette rather than the olive oil, yum

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Semmelknödel in Mohnsauce gefüllt mit Pflaumenmus
dumplings in poppy sauce filled with plum butter

0_0_b5ec795cdcea744bb4fb08b19250a3ad_1

MBTI Type
INTJ
I took a baking with bacon class, and it was awesome. First we learned to cure our own bacon. I used salt, brown sugar, ancho chile, honey and black pepper:

bacon2.jpg

And then we made bacon chocolate chip cookies, bacon gruyere muffins, bacon date scones, and pig candy:

bacongoodies.jpg

Starry

Semmelknödel in Mohnsauce gefüllt mit Pflaumenmus
dumplings in poppy sauce filled with plum butter

0_0_b5ec795cdcea744bb4fb08b19250a3ad_1

Oh my gosh entropie...did you make this? (Yes...I did see that you just posted the sandwich which made me hungry...but then I saw this and this looks super interesting).

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Oh my gosh entropie...did you make this? (Yes...I did see that you just posted the sandwich which made me hungry...but then I saw this and this looks super interesting).

Yea, its an austrian / bohemian recipe, my grandfather had a hotel down in Bohemia (nowdays Czech Republic) before the war. He was a learnt cook and hotelier and he knew everything about dumplings :D.

Bohemian dumplings are very tasty as well and bring every nice sauce to excellence.
Recipe is easy: 14 ounces ( 400 g ) flour + .5 cups of milk ( 125 ml ) + 2 eggs + yeast and a sprinkle of salt

Very tasty, if you add butter you get the dumplings above. You can experiment a lot with dumplings put all kind of stuff in the mixture :)

Another nice recipe from down there is crude Bratwurst with white wine, where the wine is inside the sausage and makes for a nice sauce when roasted. You can combine that with mashed potatoes and Sauerkraut, perfect german meal hehe :D. To make Sauerkraut tasty you have to add sugar, salt and pepper and caraway, very tasty :D.

Oh god, made myself hungry now :D

335665179_b9f219aca5.jpg

Starry

Yea, its an austrian / bohemian recipe, my grandfather had a hotel down in Bohemia (nowdays Czech Republic) before the war. He was a learnt cook and hotelier and he knew everything about dumplings :D.

Bohemian dumplings are very tasty as well and bring every nice sauce to excellence.
Recipe is easy: 14 ounces ( 400 g ) flour + .5 cups of milk ( 125 ml ) + 2 eggs + yeast and a sprinkle of salt

Very tasty, if you add butter you get the dumplings above. You can experiment a lot with dumplings put all kind of stuff in the mixture :)

Another nice recipe from down there is crude Bratwurst with white wine, where the wine is inside the sausage and makes for a nice sauce when roasted. You can combine that with mashed potatoes and Sauerkraut, perfect german meal hehe :D. To make Sauerkraut tasty you have to add sugar, salt and pepper and caraway, very tasty :D.

Oh god, made myself hungry now :D

Thank you so much for the recipe!!! (and for the family history just because I love that kind of stuff).
I'm honestly going to give this a shot LOL! When I get around to it I'll come back and post a picture though I might end up embarrassing myself!! haha.

PS. I love Sauerkraut

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Thank you so much for the recipe!!! (and for the family history just because I love that kind of stuff).
I'm honestly going to give this a shot LOL! When I get around to it I'll come back and post a picture though I might end up embarrassing myself!! haha.

PS. I love Sauerkraut

Yea do that :D. One thing: I confused yeast with backing powder. If you use yeast it will become a pizza dough. You have to try a bit with the dumplings, everytime you make them they are different. And dont be too easy on the salt or they'll lack taste ( but dont be too hard on it as well :D ). I always mess up the salt.

My grandfather sure would be honored, if his recipe would make it over the Ocean. He was always a big fan of cowboy movies so I bet he would have liked that. I tell him when I visit him next time :)

Starry

Yea do that :D. One thing: I confused yeast with backing powder. If you use yeast it will become a pizza dough. You have to try a bit with the dumplings, everytime you make them they are different. And dont be too easy on the salt or they'll lack taste ( but dont be too hard on it as well :D ). I always mess up the salt.

My grandfather sure would be honored, if his recipe would make it over the Ocean. He was always a big fan of cowboy movies so I bet he would have liked that. I tell him when I visit him next time :)

Oh okay...I got it and made the changes. I'm excited to make this. Your grandfather sounds like a wonderful person!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yea he was, he had lost a leg in Russia and was one of the last to be let out of imprisonment by the Russians. His borther was not so nice, we suspect him to have been in the SS and later after the war he worked for german intelligence tho officialy he was a colonel in the army. My grandpa died at age 72 because he smoked to much, his brother still lives at age 91.

it always hits the wrong people :/ my grandpa was entp imo, the only one in my family :)

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Going on a fritter kick this week. Apple fritters, corn fritters, fritter fritters...all gluten free.

I made some chocolate chip cookies (again), sticky chicken wings, and fried rice the other night. Last night was ultimate nachos but a real lazy version of it. No salsa or refried beans on the side. Too tired.

Pinker85

Radish salad that I use for my wraps.

1) Peel and chop daikon radish into bite sized cubes
2) Boil on medium-high heat for 15 minutes and drain (I save the boiling water and drink it as a tea for a good blood cleanser)
3) Combine in a bowl raw almond butter, pinch of sweetener of your choice, lemon juice, crushed garlic, quality olive oil, celtic sea salt, and fresh cracked black pepper - add daikon

It'll last three days in the fridge. I like to make collard wraps with this as the base adding mung bean sprouts, avocado, tomato, and thai basil.