• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My breakfast was pretty yum. Eggs tossed with onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, turkey, and swiss cheese...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm slow cooking a pot roast with onions, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasonings, a little butter, and Merlot. I'm gonna add some potatoes and carrots in another hour or two.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Steak with potato/caramelized onion/bacon casserole. I'm pretty sure that potatoes are the best proof of God that we have. Mmmm!

steakandpotatoes.jpg

Also, my mixer is now faster than yours.

flamesj.jpg

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
A couple days ago I went to a cooking seminar by Chef Zov, a local chef/restaurateur/author. I have been wanting to begin cooking serious stuff rather than sweets, which I have a natural talent for, for a long time. At her seminar, she made three things before us, and we all got to try them and I was blown away, so I bought her book & got it signed by her. I made her zucchini patties with salmon & greek yogurt on top. I bought the fresh herbs that go into the grated zucchini mixture (green onions, chives, dill, spearmint and flat leaf parsley) from the nursery I work at, bought all the other ingredients (ended up spending $30!), and made them last night and my family and boyfriend loved them. It was hard work, but so worth it. Today I'm making her butternut squash parmesan bread pudding.

:yay:

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I made old-fashioned waffles, with real yeast in the dough. Yummy. Still need to add in the cook book that the recipe yields way too many waffles for four persons, even if these persons have worked in the garden all day and are very hungry and even if the waffles are delicious.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I marinated some chicken breast in Riesling for over 24 hours and then slowly baked a part of it for dinner tonight. Not sure yet what I'll do with the rest tomorrow - the plan is to make some simplified coq au vin a la alsacienne.

A friend will come over tomorrow and I'm doubting between this and boef bourgignon (hmm, I should put the beef into the wine then before I go to bed)...it's French Alcoholism Weeks at MacRedHerrings!

I have little experience with this form of preparing meat, so it's all an experiment. But it should go down well if marinated long enough and then cooked slowly with some vegies and some baguette and a simple salat on the side ... and, hey, somebody has to drink all that leftover wine! :biggrin:
Hmm, the friend gave up drinking some time ago, I hope he'll be okay with the recipe. I'm not sure if he just doesn't want to party with alcohol anymore or if he would have problems with traces of alcohol in the chicken and sauce.

Does anybody know how much of it evaporates during the process? Most receipes call for bathing the meat in that stuff.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Grilled water buffalo clodhammers with sauteed red chard and home-made flax bread on the side. Yummm...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
tonight I plan on making a sour cream noodle bake and start on the french toast casserole for breakfast tommorow morning.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmm, I wonder whether I could make my own bubble gum. I just found a recipe here. I think I'll try tomorrow...

Awesome! :)
I made my own potato chips once... they came out alright! (Had a craving for chips and all I had was the ingredients to make them.) Probably would have been easier just to run to the store....

MBTI Type
INTJ
The other night I made stracciatella, which is kind of like an Italian version of egg drop soup. It's not a very photogenic dish, but it was delicious!

stracchiatella.jpg

gromit

likes this
I love this thread.

Yesterday I made parsnip pancake served with sherry apple beans!

F

figsfiggyfigs

I made bread sticks, and sauce for it.

they're not as puffy as I would've liked them to be, I didn't put enough yeast, and I didn't give them enough space to puff up. : (

Still delicious.
img1897c.jpg

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i heated up food i cooked yesterday.

it involved these:

400grams of pork strips in creamy pepper marinade
butter when starting to cook the meat and olive oil few mins before adding the cream
2dl of cooking cream
lots of garlic(half added when starting to simmer the meat and half at the end for nice two layered garlic taste)
forgot to buy onions, but wasnt a big deal
and spiced with smoked paprika powder, regular paprika powder, grilling spice mix, dried oregano, fresh basilica leaves, just a hint of ketchup and black pepper

and with full grain spaghetti and my specialty(at least havent heard anyone else do the same) is to put some fresh basilica leaves, dried oregano and paprika powder to spaghetti water. and ofc some olive oil to keep them on sticking to each other

was delicious :yes: