• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

gromit

likes this
Sauteed broccoli, mushrooms, and fresh garlic over pasta with a sauce of olive oil/butter and white wine with grated parmesan cheese on top. I haven't cooked fresh food in so long! It tastes so great. The broccoli turned out PERFECT. I like it when it's a little bit crispy. It was a little bit crispy.

(I had a lot of protein at lunch).

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
Sweet potato hash.

Diced sweet potatoes, pineapple, honey, and cinnamon., little bit of water, baked in covered baking dish till tender, top removed then and baked a little longer to reduce liquid.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Sweet potato hash.

Diced sweet potatoes, pineapple, honey, and cinnamon., little bit of water, baked in covered baking dish till tender, top removed then and baked a little longer to reduce liquid.

Sweet potatoes <3 <3 <3!

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
Sweet potatoes <3 <3 <3!

yesssssssssssssssssssssss, I love them so much <3 they are so tasty, sometimes I like to add diced dried apricots, or craizens, or both AND the pineapple... when im feeling like having something a bit less healthy, I use brown sugar and butter as well in the recipe...

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
baked potatoes (in the oven)
broccoli
ribeye steaks
one lobster tail for the man
chocolate covered strawberries

:) happy early valentine's day!

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I made hummus. It is good, but I need a new blender.

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
mmm, I love hummus, ever made roasted red pepper hummus? thats my favorite:D

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Made conchas for a party I went to. They didn't rise properly, but drunk people ate them anyway. When I get them done right, I'll take pictures. They're a type of sweet mexican bread that's not too sweet with a sugar topping that takes well to decorating.

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
yes:D I love those!!! lil mexican bakery down the street from here has really yummy ones for like .25 cents fresh made every day!

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Shrimp salad tonight. Lazy, tired, and too blah to get fancy. It was really good, too! Contessa frozen shrimp--good stuff. I had to spend over $5 for some white pepper but it was worth it!
The only thing that was missing was some crackers with it. I truly hate living in a gluten free household sometimes. *waiting for someone to take pity on me and invite me out to eat bread...a lot of it, too*

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
I bake bread, fresh home made artisan sourdough loaves, $3 for normal ones, anything fancier gets pricier:p but you probably live to far away to take advantage,lol

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^All I need is an invite! A gluten glut vacation!

Last night, I made chicken-fried steak, garlic roasted potatoes and onions, and peas. I need to fry stuff more often--it really kills my appetite.

I don't know what I'm cooking tonight. Tired ass stew or something.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't know what to cook tonight... I don't really feel like doing tacos... So I may just make some kind of creation in the form of a chili cheese casserole thingy. :shrug:

Lark

I "baked" some toasties, I got these things called "toaster pockets", never heard of them before, they are like a small bag that you put the bread and its contents in and then when the toaster pops the bread is toasted and the contents cooked.

kerthy97

Permabanned
Helo
I love baking cakes most specially chocolate cake. And with that, I'll share to you my recipe, the Chocolate Oat Snack Cake, which I did last weekend.
Here you go....

Ingredients

* 1 3/4 cups boiling water
* 1 cup quick-cooking oats
* 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 (11.5 ounce) package milk chocolate chips, divided
* 1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions

1. In a bowl, combine water and oats; let stand for 10 minutes. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in oat mixture. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in 1 cup chips.
2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with walnuts and remaining chips. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

singapore restaurants

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I believe I'm just going to make some tacos tonight. Quick and easy and after dinner we can go for a walk since the weather is so nice!

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some pasta, Italian sausage, tomatoes, and cream all thrown together. It's really good...excellent for packing pounds on the rear.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I've been playing with baking bread in a dutch oven. I modified the resin/plastic knob because it never would have held up under 500 degree temps. I simply went to the hardware store and got a metal knob and used a couple washers to compensate for the screw being a little too long.

dutchovenbread0011.jpg

After the rising on parchment, I preheated the dutch oven, lid and all at 500 for 30 minutes. Then parchment and all into the pot and cover. Decrease heat to 425. Bake 30 minutes. Remove lid and finish baking for 20 minutes to crisp crust.

dutchovenbread0022.jpg

Beautiful.

dutchovenbread0033.jpg

Let cool completely. Then slice. The crust is perfection, crisp and chewy.

bread0022.jpg

Almost No-Knead Bread (courtesy of America’s Test Kitchen)

3 cups (15 ounces) all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
3/4 cup (7 ounces) water, at room temperature
1/4 cup (3 ounces) beer
1 tablespoon white vinegar

Whisk flour, years, and salt in large bowl. Add water, beer and vinegar. Using a wooden spoon, fold the mixture incorporating all of the flour. It will be a slightly sticky dough. Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit for at least 8 hours, or up to 18 hours.

Put parchment paper on counter. Take the dough out of the bowl and knead 10 to 15 times with a bit of flour. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 2 more hours.

For the last 30 minutes of the rising, heat oven to 500 degrees – putting your dutch oven in the oven with the lid. After 30 minutes, reduce heat to 425 and using the parchment paper, carry your dough to the dutch oven – the parchment paper will be on the sides of the pan, just put the cover on and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and continue baking 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack, this finishes the baking process. Slice and eat.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Oooh, I love America's Test Kitchen. All my best cookbooks come with them. That bread is beautiful...what kind of loaf does it give you? Would you say it's like a French loaf? It kind of looks like that from the texture.