• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

gromit

likes this
I sauteed some butternut squash with herbs and onions and then some eggs with spinach and topped it all with cheese. Simple, but yummy. :D

I made Mongolian beef and sunbutter noodles--peanut allergy.

And then I didn't eat a single bite except to taste one of the pieces of flank steak after I fried it. *sigh*

Why didn't you eat it???

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
brownies with peanut butter chips for the man... I was feeling nice :yes:

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Today I made:
-Paella for tonight's dinner (with the help of the slow cooker and rice cooker!)
-Ham & Lentil soup for tomorrow's dinner (basically; all the ingredients are ready so I just have to dump them in the slow cooker tomorrow before work)
-Orange & Mint Rice Salad for lunches this week
-Once my frozen bananas thaw a bit, I will bake some banana bread

It's been a busy day!

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Maple Sausages, scrambled eggs topped with cheddar, and buttermilk toast with strawberry jam :).

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I made pita bread and hummus. I don't own a blender or a rolling pin. I used a wine bottle to grind the chickpeas and the same bottle to roll out the dough. I'm fully digging that tribe's appreciation of coke bottle technology on The Gods Must Be Crazy.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Spinach, sundried tomato & feta frittata.

I'm allergic to eggs so I used tofu and greek yogurt. Sounds weird, but it is creamy and delicious!

I think I'll go lick the pan now.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
-Ham & Lentil soup

Okay, mmmmmmmm we tried this last night, and it was SO GOOD! And just about the easiest thing to make ever, so I thought I'd share the recipe:

Ham & Lentil Soup

INGREDIENTS
2 cups lentils
1/2 pound ham -- diced
1 onion -- chopped
1 bay leaf
2 ribs celery -- chopped
1 clove garlic -- minced
salt and pepper -- to taste

DIRECTIONS
Combine all ingredients with 2 quarts water in the crock pot. Cook on low, covered, 8 to 10 hours. Adjust seasonings and serve.

I chopped everything the night before and put the ham in one container, the onions/garlic/spices/bay leaf in another. In the morning, all I had to do was dump the water and those two containers into the crockpot and turn it on. SO yummy.

And it was nice because we used up some of the ham we had in our freezer - my husband's work gives employees a ham (of all things!) each Christmas, but we usually don't eat ham on Christmas. For the last 2 years, the ham sat in our freezer all year, until we HAD to do something with it to make room for the new ham. :laugh: This year, as soon as we got the new ham, I sliced it and froze it in separate containers so we can use it to make random meals like this, and not all at once. Much better so far.

ms.behaving

MBTI Type
eNFJ
Instinctual Variant
so
Chili Mac and Cheddar Soup Makes 8 cups
Redbook Magazine

1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
1 large onion, diced
3/4 pound(s) lean ground beef
1 tablespoon(s) hot Mexican chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
2 1/2 cup(s) milk
1 can(s) (14 1/2-ounce) reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 can(s) (10 3/4-ounce) condensed cheddar-cheese soup
1 1/2 cup(s) uncooked elbow pasta
1 1/2 cup(s) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Diced tomato, for garnish
Tortilla chips, for garnish
Minced jalapeno chile, for garnish

1. Heat oil in a 5-quart soup pot over medium-high heat; add onion and saute 4 minutes, until translucent. Crumble beef into pot and cook, stirring for 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in chili powder and cumin; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
2. Add milk and broth, then stir in condensed soup until dissolved; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 3 minutes. Stir in pasta; continue to cook, covered, 5 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes or until pasta is fully cooked.
3. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with diced tomato, tortilla chips, and minced chile.

I added a can of Ro-tel tomatoes instead of using the chili powder, cumin, tomatoes and minced jalapeno, Since Rotel pretty much has all of those ingredients in it.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Ooh, I'll have to try that lentil soup!

I didn't make anything today, but I did eat some awesome chocolate chunk cookies my roommate's mom made. That counts, right?

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Made cupcakes and homemade buttercream frosting in ten minutes, thanks to my cupcake maker. Take that, Snowpocalypse!

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5
I had no cable or internet all day, so I cooked extra. A big batch of Home made French Onion Soup. Then Cavateli with Arrabiata sauce and italian sausage with sauteed onions.

I have internet again, so leftovers today.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, mmmmmmmm we tried this last night, and it was SO GOOD! And just about the easiest thing to make ever, so I thought I'd share the recipe:

What about the recipe for the orange and mint rice salad? That sounds so good!

capslock

MBTI Type
INFP
My first attempt at making cabbage rolls. Done:
bild11o.png

And I have two other things going as well, bolognese and a pot full of beef.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
sweet and sour sauce with soy strips and noodles :drool:

dsc00676t.jpg

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What about the recipe for the orange and mint rice salad? That sounds so good!

Oh sure, i can post that! It is very yummy. I'm using my phone right now, but I'll try to remember to post it tomorrow when i have my computer up.

Right now i am cooking Jambalaya! It smells good. Hopefully it will taste good too!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I made some whole wheat tortillas from scratch, I had an urge for some some with my huevos. I used a white flour recipe and substituted with whole wheat flour.. they ended up being a bit more brittle, but good. I'll have to look up a real recipe next time.

F

figsfiggyfigs

img0661pl.jpg

pasta, with a bunch of veggies and sauce I made :/ wouldn't know what to call it.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Chicken fettuccine alfredo and bread, all from scratch. Gonna see the kids for lunch, I don't like to show up empty handed.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
since we were both out in the cold all day working (damned weather meant work on Saturday :steam:) I made something very midwestern for dinner :laugh:

country fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy... and a salad :drool:

oh, and chocolate, chocolate chip cupcakes too!