• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

KilgoreTrout

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Soup!

Asparagus, broccolini, celery, scallions, and parsley sauteed with garlic and olive oil then added to vegetable stock with orzo. Topped off with a dollop of sundried tomato pesto and a bit of parmesan cheese.

I don't mean to toot my own horn....but, BEEP BEEP ;)

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^Can't go wrong with that!

I made bacon-wrapped chicken kebabs. I rolled the chicken and bacon in a mixture of brown sugar, chili powder, salt, and cayenne. Rice pilaf and roasted asparagus on the side. I'm going to have to break down and buy me some decent metal skewers one day, though. The bamboo ones are really inadequate.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am kind of winging this, but I had some frozen chicken breasts and some dry white beans, so I'm simmering the chicken breasts in chicken broth, water, salt and pepper, with two chopped cloves of garlic, a whole sliced onion, and two sliced stalks of celery. Currently the beans are soaking, but then after I rinse them I plan to simmer them for a few hours with a whole head of garlic (unchopped, which I will remove after cooking) and a few teaspoons of dried rosemary.

Then I'm going to drain the beans, add a bit of olive oil, and mix them with the soupy chicken mixture.

Wish me luck! I may add more rosemary or salt and pepper later.

EDIT: After draining the beans in a colander, there was no need to add more rosemary (I used the big dry herbs and they held up well) nor was there any need to remove the boiled garlic cloves (the flavor mellowed through a couple hours of simmer); I just mixed the navy beans with the chicken and vegetables in broth, shredded the chicken into smaller pieces, and added more salt and pepper. I am very happy to report that this turned out really well and I would recommend it to others.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Grilled bratwurst, German potato salad, cucumbers and onions with sour cream and dill.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Today it was turkey chipotle chili. Mmm!

chilis.jpg

KilgoreTrout

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Caprese Grilled Cheese

Fresh mozzarella
Basil
Heirloom tomato
Balsamic Aioli
Roasted Garlic Sourdough bread from La Brea bakery <----so delicious...whole cloves of roasted garlic in the bread

and a Peroni :cheers:

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5
I cooked a 13 lb turkey and stuffing and homemade gravy for myself and my dogs. The gravy was outstanding.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm organizing a party tomorrow. For some reason or another, my Judging side took control and I've been cleaning since Monday. I wanted to spread the task over multiple days, but I'm amazed that I did think about spreading when there was still time to spread. Normally I would think of such a thing 1 hour before the guests arrive...
So cooking for tomorrow:
- a tropical and alcohol-free bowl (there will be two small children, two big children and one pregnant woman)
- a whole salmon (I totally love cold salmon and I think a whole salmon is wonderful, but you need a lot of people to eat it)
- green beans
Well, that's it actually. I'm also serving sandwiches, cheeses, charcuterie (English? Meat to put on bread) and cold tomatoes, but I don't have to cook these. I'd like to bake some biscuit cakes too, but I can't do that too early, so that's for tomorrow.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
tom yum soup with these soy strips(or slices, that are kinda like slices of meat, but made from soy) and threw some noodles in it. never made prepared those soy strips or or tasted tom yum soup before, but it worked alright

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I made Mongolian beef and sunbutter noodles--peanut allergy.

And then I didn't eat a single bite except to taste one of the pieces of flank steak after I fried it. *sigh*