• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Warpaint

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
I made a pizza today!

76541_1671014225324_1536430284_1615344_1692094_n.jpg

MBTI Type
INTJ
^ That pizza looks good! The crust looks nice and chewy :drool:

This weekend I made a buche de noel. It's basically a jelly roll cake that you carve and decorate to look like a Yule log. The mushrooms are made with marzipan.

buchedenoel1small.jpg

buchedenoel2small.jpg

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lazy night for me. I'm cooking fried rice. I'm about to drag myself off to the kitchen.

I'd rather not.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Turkey curry with (ofc) turkey, sugar snap peas, and the secret ingredient... korean yellow sweet potatoes! They add just the right texture and slightly sweet flavor to the curry. A Gordon Ramsey based recipe.

(pics later)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
The buche de noel looks amazing!

I made crawfish etoufee last night. Made a double recipe so I could have leftovers. YUM.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My aching gallbladder couldn't keep me from making some chicken and dumplings last night! Woo-hoo...it was truly great. I was impressed that the dumplings were nice and light despite being gluten-free. My only complaint was that I roasted a roasting chicken for the meat and I really didn't detect too much difference in flavor...I'll keep using fryers for roasting and save a little money.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I apologize for the USiancentricity.

Tonight I made scones, because I didn't really know what they hell they were, but wanted to find out. So I used the Basic British Scones recipe off of allrecipes.

Final judgement: scones are exactly sweetened southern style biscuits. That's not a bad thing.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
My mom gave me her old waffle iron, and I made delicious waffles of perfection tonight.

rav3n

Baked herbed chicken breast and sauteed asparagas served with oven roasted yam fries.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Easy, relatively cheap deliciousness...chopped up 1/4 - 1/3 of an onion and a half of a green pepper in olive oil, cooked for a moment then added boneless, skinless chicken breast and browned all well. Microwaved some brown rice, and poured all of the chicken, peppers/onions, and olive oil over the brown rice. I added salt too, but you could skip that, or also add black pepper.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
chocolate chip cookies. mmmmm....
and was so happy that one of the cookies decided to leap off of the baking pan onto the floor. It was obviously volunteering to be a taste test. I happily obliged.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I made baked fusilli tonight. It was supposed to be baked ziti but they wanted too much cash for the penne...and didn't even have ziti! This is the gluten free life!

'twas verra good.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I fixed herb baked chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, buttered corn, and broccoli spears for dinner last night. Yum!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bachelor's improvised dinner:

A can of kidney beans.
Quarter of a chopped small onion.
Half a can of mushrooms.
1/2 Apple, diced.
Cubed smoked pork loin.
Tablespoon of chicken bullion.

Put all in a pot and added some water. Bring up to heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. Added cream halfway in, because it sounded good.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Here is this year's collection of Christmas cookies!

2010cookiessmall.jpg

I made four kinds this year. Lemon wreaths, Almond Roca, chocolate/ginger/orange, and a junk cookie with two kinds of chocolate, hazelnuts, peanuts, and almonds.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Just made the chocolate chip sour cream muffins that Redbone has mentioned in this thread before (THANKS!), and holy freaking cannoli, they are like the best things ever. I think I know what world peace feels like now.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Here is this year's collection of Christmas cookies!

2010cookiessmall.jpg

I made four kinds this year. Lemon wreaths, Almond Roca, chocolate/ginger/orange, and a junk cookie with two kinds of chocolate, hazelnuts, peanuts, and almonds.

:drool:

EffEm, I want to be your friend. I'll send you my mailing address. And enough postage to cover overnight delivery. Thanks so much, old pal.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
My mum has lent me her halogen oven as my cooker is burning everything.
Over the last 24 hours i have made a full roast (the chicken was sooooo tender), banana cake (which was perfect), meatballs .. It's the best thing since sliced bread and i actually enjoy cooking now.

EDIT - I don't so much enjoy cooking as thowing food into oven and watching it cook.