User Tag List

Page 26 of 227 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

MBTI
    INXP

[recipe threads merged]

No moss growing on me Array Giggly's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

For the gourmet cooks here:

Naturally wood smoked olive oil | The Smoked Olive

It's expensive but ohmygosh sooooo good. I especially like the santa fe one. They are currently the only people in the country who are doing a naturally smoked oil and are fulfilling huge orders from top chefs. It has a really good taste.

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I just made up something healthy and yummy:

I took a package of pre-prepared salmon, squeezed a quarter of a lemon on it, mixed it with a couple tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, threw in some chunks of left-over fresh tomato, a few teaspoons of capers (the small ones), and sprinkled generously with black pepper.

Then I spooned this on top of whole-grain brown bread toasted with melted white American cheese. I guess you could call it a slap-dash, ghetto variation on bruschetta, maybe?

at any rate - it's very tasty!
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I just made up something healthy and yummy:

I took a package of pre-prepared salmon, squeezed a quarter of a lemon on it, mixed it with a couple tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, threw in some chunks of left-over fresh tomato, a few teaspoons of capers (the small ones), and sprinkled generously with black pepper.

Then I spooned this on top of whole-grain brown bread toasted with melted white American cheese. I guess you could call it a slap-dash, ghetto variation on bruschetta, maybe?

at any rate - it's very tasty!
    Sounds good! Yummmm! I might have gone for a blue cheese for added flavour

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Either that, or an uptown tuna melt.

Don't Judge Me! Array Haphazard's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ

In honor of Christmas: One-burner fried rice

Cooled, dry rice (from the night before, for example)
    Egg
    Shrimp
    Frozen soybeans
    Carrot, sliced
    Canola Oil
    Salt

Boil water in a small saucepan. Add soybeans, once they're thawed, add in the carrots, let them cook for a little, cover, and then take the saucepan off the burner (it will continue to cook after it's off the burner, so keep an eye on it). Whisk the egg, adding a bit of salt, oil a frying pan and fry the egg a little. Take the egg off, cut it into curds, and then clean the saucepan. Put the saucepan back on the burner, add more oil, add the shrimp and let them fry until cooked. Remove the shrimp, turn to medium-low heat, add more oil and rice. If the rice is sticking together, cut the block-o-rice into pieces. Strain the vegetables (they should be done by now). Mix up the rice, add some soy sauce to taste. Add the egg and shrimp, allow that to cook a bit longer, and then add the vegetables, stirring continuously. Serve.

If you keep kosher, you can use a kosher meat, like beef or chicken, but in that case, you may want to cook it the night before along with the rice because shrimp does not take long to cook compared to them.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't remember, I was cooking from inspiration ;]
    The Symbol of the King*The Absolute Does Not Exist*Kingship Will Bring Me Freedom
    5w4-4w5-1w9

MBTI
    INXP

What is it? looks like pastry stuffed with rice?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

More healthy goodness!

I recently have discovered the concept of balancing fast carbs and slow carbs with protein. Of course the best way to do this is with whole grains.

If you mix Grape Nuts cereal with a handful of pecans and some sliced strawberries, throw in some Splenda and dash of cinnamon (helps metabolism and blood sugar) and douse in fat-free milk, it is sooooooo yummy and is a good balance of protein and carbs.

Also, there's this version of bruchetta: sliced tomatoes with sliced mozzarella on whole grain "sprouted" toast topped with basil leaves, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar (also helps metabolism and blood sugar) it is delicious and balanced.

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

OMGZ this is so delicious and easy you must try it!

I'm trying to incorporate more vegetarian food into my diet at the moment, and I saw a recipe for chickpea tacos and messed with it and came up with this yummy dish.

1 to 2 cans of chickpeas (depending on how many you are cooking for)
    1 can of Rotel tomatoes and peppers (only use half the can for 1 can of chickpeas)
    a packet of taco spice (again, only use half if you're only cooking 1 can chickpeas)
    whole-wheat pitas
    shredded lettuce
    Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream (or dairy sour cream if you prefer to be less veg)
    splashes of lime juice

1. Drain and rinse chickpeas. warm the chickpeas with the rotel, taco spice, and lime juice in a pan or the microwave until nice and warm - make sure to stir and mix thoroughly
    2. fill pita pockets with chickpea mixture, plenty of shredded lettuce, and a couple dollops of "sour cream"

I happen to really love chickpeas, but I couldn't believe how good this is! I will be eating it for days! It only has about 350 or so calories per portion even with a generous serving of tofu sour cream and is relatively low in fat and high in fiber.

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma