User Tag List

Page 224 of 227 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2265

Thread: What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

I'll be baking Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dump Cake for a potluck tonight. Because the first day of fall calls for something pumpkin, even if it's still 70 degrees outside.
    “We need to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.” - Leslie Knope

"Nothing lasts forever, some things aren't meant to be. But you'll never find the answers 'til you set your old heart free."

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes EJCC, Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    Now I need to read more of this thread.

I will probably make pumpkin spice cookies tonight... out of a bag... with cream cheese icing out of a plastic can.
    I know, I'm lame. But it's the most I can seem to manage nowadays.

(last week, I used the slow cooker to cook a pork loin with bagged sauce to have pork BBQ meals for a few days. It actually was good. But I haven't done much from scratch at all in recent years.)

I was always looking for a decent way to make General Tso's (or sesame chicken) in terms of the batter, but I don't want to use a deep fryer. It never seems to cook in the cool lumpy way the restaurants do.
    Not Your Takeout Place's General Tso's Chicken - The Woks of Life

I've used this recipe many times. I have also used a tempura batter, I don't like that as much as the cornstarch this recipe uses.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Totenkindly, Cloudpatrol liked this post

Human Grumpy Cat Array senza tema's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Cooked lots today so I'll have mason jar lunches all week plus extra.

I made poha (Indian breakfast dish made with flattened rice), a roasted potato and fennel soup, and a pasta with asparagus, mushrooms and balsamic cream sauce. I have lots of leftover borscht and a mixed vegetables and coconut milk curry from yesterday and I'm going to maybe make baingan bharta (charred eggplant cooked with tomatoes and onions Indian style) tomorrow so my eggplant doesn't go bad. OMG so much food but this is what happens when you lack the ability to control yourself in the produce section.

I'm cooking with friends tonight and we're gonna make among other things a mushroom, broccoli and bell pepper stir fry with Thai peanut sauce.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Heated up leftovers of a very special meal I made the other day.

It's not that special, really. But it's special to me because, even though I just made it up based on laziness and what food I had lying around, it got me to enjoy eating again after having an upset stomach for over a week.

Recipe in spoiler tags below.

TLDR, it's basically spaghetti with homemade tomato sauce. But I made up the sauce. And I'm amazed that it actually behaved like a sauce in the end (i.e. sticking to the pasta).
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Butternut squash mac and cheese for dinner last night. Unfortunately I may need to make it a little less squashey next time. Fiancé was not a fan of the texture.
    “We need to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.” - Leslie Knope

"Nothing lasts forever, some things aren't meant to be. But you'll never find the answers 'til you set your old heart free."

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes EJCC, Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

It's noodle soup season, motherf*ckers!!

Bought a pack of instant udon noodle soup from the Korean grocery -- three servings for $4.50 and it doesn't taste half bad! You boil a cup of water, add the noodles, cook for one minute, add a liquid packet (mostly soy sauce) and a seasoning packet (mostly bonito flakes and seaweed), and cook for another minute. It's a tad salty but still way better than I expected. And what a deal!

So, today for lunch I cooked up a serving of that instant udon soup, sautéed some salad greens that had wilted in the fridge and added those, and topped it with a seven-minute egg. Would have added scallions but didn't have any lying around.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ISTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Butternut squash mac and cheese for dinner last night. Unfortunately I may need to make it a little less squashey next time. Fiancé was not a fan of the texture.
    A chinois strainer will solve the consistency issue.
    ~I'm looking California, and feeling Minnesota.

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

I finally succeeded at making lamb shanks with mint sauce. They were delicious.

I also made fried potatoes with bell pepper and onions. I could never get those right in the past, never the right texture. No matter which pan I used they'd stick. So I tried putting them in a cast iron pan on cooking them on the BBQ. Now they're perfect every time.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Heated up leftovers of a very special meal I made the other day.

It's not that special, really. But it's special to me because, even though I just made it up based on laziness and what food I had lying around, it got me to enjoy eating again after having an upset stomach for over a week.

Recipe in spoiler tags below.

TLDR, it's basically spaghetti with homemade tomato sauce. But I made up the sauce. And I'm amazed that it actually behaved like a sauce in the end (i.e. sticking to the pasta).
    That sounds really good. I have several lbs of tomatoes from my garden I dunno what to do with. Maybe this,

FYI: maybe you already know or even care but; shocking tomatoes ( boil for about 30 sec and then toss into ice water) is a great way to get rid of the skins. ( I hate tomato skins. They make me gag.)
    Likes Cloudpatrol, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    That sounds really good. I have several lbs of tomatoes from my garden I dunno what to do with. Maybe this,
    Try it! I'll bet it would be even better with some sprucing up. Maybe adding some onion to the tomatoes while they're cooking. Or some fresh basil. Maybe using butter instead of olive oil would be better too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    FYI: maybe you already know or even care but; shocking tomatoes ( boil for about 30 sec and then toss into ice water) is a great way to get rid of the skins. ( I hate tomato skins. They make me gag.)
    Really? I have no opinion either way -- didn't occur to me that tomato skins could be polarizing!

While I knew the trick about blanching tomatoes, I just didn't care enough at the time.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

While I knew the trick about blanching tomatoes, I just didn't care enough at the time.
    Yep. Peaches too, the skin just slides off. I like a food mill for making sauce - no skin, no seeds, very nice but not everyone has a food mill. A fine strainer will also work.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.