User Tag List

Page 19 of 227 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

MBTI
    ENTJ

Is that how it's spelled? I thought I got it wrong. Der. And for good pasticcio I'd travel anywhere! Greek food rawks
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I have recently discovered the wonder of grits. I've lived in the South my whole life and I've had them periodically, but only in the past two or three months have I come to actually enjoy (and, in fact, relish) them.

I haven't made this yet but it's supposed to be one of the best shrimp & grits recipes known to man. It's from Crook's Corner, a restaurant in Chapel Hill that elevates Southern cooking to rich-people food without sacrificing soul. Bill Neal put the place on the map in the 80s and after his death, his protege Bill Smith took over. This is Bill Neal's recipe which I plan to try this week.
    I pass that place every morning. I will have to check this dish out!
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I've actually never been. We went by once when I was in college, not realizing that it's sort of on the pricey side. Not having enough money between us for a $60+ meal, we left stealthily and went to Bojangles instead. I've decided it's where we're going on our next date, though.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

I think the BEST recipe I ever learned in my international cuisines cooking class was Corned Beef. I'm NOT kidding! SO EZ!! Throw in some corned beef over some cut up cabbage into a crockpot. Let it cook for a few hours. Voila!! It's GOOD ta Go! Yum, tastes SO good!!

Also, I like any wok recipes. All I have to do is, chop chop, toss in my aromatics, heat up the wok with a lil oil, throw in some veggies & proteins, (stealing Emeril's word here) BAM! Done.

Best part? You don't even have to soap the wok. Just brush it with the bamboo sticks. Hang it up to dry! That's how it builds flavor over time.

Gee, thx. Now I'm getting really hungry. With this state of the economy and my pocket not as full as it used to be, I just eat anything affordable. lol

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Corned beef & cabbage makes me drool. I've never actually had it but it sounds awesome.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Corned beef & cabbage makes me drool. I've never actually had it but it sounds awesome.
    Ivy, it's so DELICIOUS.. I'll dream about a dish of corned beef by while I heat up my chimichanga.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

corned beef and cabbage is awesome especially when you throw in some potatoes with it, always made it in a pressure cooker though. then making reubens the next day from the left overs also very good.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INXP

Next time you're in the states come to Chapel Hill and we'll go get some grits together, Geoff.
    I'm sure I can only keep avoiding NC a few more times, and I'll finally give in and embrace the dark side. That trip through the smokies keeps calling me.

I suppose I'll just have to hope that prpl is wrong, and I won't spew in front of my new found friends when faced with grits. That would be kinda embarassing.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I also don't like oatmeal or any other mushy cereal, so ya know. but grits are the worse they smell like sweaty gym socks to me, and of course I grew up in the south so they were everywhere, and i don't like the texture either. its the only food that makes me want to vomit when i even think of them.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I'm sure I can only keep avoiding NC a few more times, and I'll finally give in and embrace the dark side. That trip through the smokies keeps calling me.

I suppose I'll just have to hope that prpl is wrong, and I won't spew in front of my new found friends when faced with grits. That would be kinda embarassing.
    No way, grits are GREAT, especially if made by a real southerner. SO DELICIOUS.

Come to NC. Ivy and I will show you a good time in Chapel Hill!
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.